You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Read this and shut the fuck up.

I'm not sure why that article would make anyone want to shut up. What would you expect Rodgers to say? Borini, Adam and Aspas were all bought after "diligent scouting" because they could "make a big contribution". Luckily, we already had Suarez, so their contribution wasn't fatal.

Unless this really is the calm before the storm, I'm having problems imagining the teams we're going to be putting out in the CL next season, or against the likes of City. 

We've gone from "no problems attracting top quality" to Ryan Bertrand in 5 weeks. 30 odd starts in 8 years at Chelsea and only good enough when playing in the championship. Yes, its a Rodger's signing for sure.

Yeah, I much prefer to read an assessment of our transfer strategy by yourself and dick mint than by Brendan Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

When I watch Allen I get the same thoughts maradona had about mascherano, hes a monster of a player.

Technically excellent but he is also strong in the defensive side of the game, Rodgers was saying towards the end of the season Joe was showing the fee we paid for him was a bargain and I agree.

Don't start comparing Allen with Mascherano there league's apart.

Don't start comparing Allen with Mascherano there league's apart.

Im not comparing them as players just saying I think hes a monster of a player the words maradona used to describe masch, Allen is the closest Ive seen to masch when it comes to chasing the ball down though.

I don't see many players around Europe who are similar to Allen, normally when they are good on the ball and their game is based on possession they are not great defensively, this is not the case with Allen.

• Downvote 1

Yeah, I much prefer to read an assessment of our transfer strategy by yourself and dick mint than by Brendan Rodgers.

For every Rodger's assessment read this http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fans-will-love-new-signing-1142874

Verbatim what he says about all his signings. But yeah, Borini had us on the edge of our seats when scoring a penalty for Sunderland against Chelsea.

I'm not sure why that article would make anyone want to shut up. What would you expect Rodgers to say? Borini, Adam and Aspas were all bought after "diligent scouting" because they could "make a big contribution". Luckily, we already had Suarez, so their contribution wasn't fatal.

Unless this really is the calm before the storm, I'm having problems imagining the teams we're going to be putting out in the CL next season, or against the likes of City. 

Rodgers didn't sign Charlie Adam.

Carry on though.

No he singed Aspas,Alberto and Assaidi.

I wish you and skend managed Liverpool. We'd have kept Suarez, signed Rodriguez, Messi, Kroos, Hummels, Mascherano and Muller and we'd win the league this season by 50 points. You should write to John Henry with your recruitment strategy, he'll have you signed up in no time.

OK., Leaving out the fairly obvious dogs, and only considering signings that have either been viewed as definite successes, or at least jury-still-out, we could apply the old test: how many of these would get a game with our CL-places rivals?

Sturridge

Coutinho
Mignolet
Sakho
Allen
Lambert
Lallana
Can
Markovic

Im not comparing them as players just saying I think hes a monster of a player the words maradona used to describe masch, Allen is the closest Ive seen to masch when it comes to chasing the ball down though.

I don't see many players around Europe who are similar to Allen, normally when they are good on the ball and their game is based on possession they are not great defensively, this is not the case with Allen.

I don't see it. Henderson has a far greater impact on the ability of our midfield to defend, and it was obvious in the games he missed. Allen might not be bad defensively, but he's far from a monster. Ain't nobody running scared of him, like they did Mascherano. He's kind of just solid in most areas. Good squad player to have.

I wish you and skend managed Liverpool. We'd have kept Suarez, signed Rodriguez, Messi, Kroos, Hummels, Mascherano and Muller and we'd win the league this season by 50 points. You should write to John Henry with your recruitment strategy, he'll have you signed up in no time.

Now your talking throw everything at it and invest big it's go shit or bust after last season,CL football as we've used as an excuse of late for not attracting big names is here so spend and have a go and let them put the money where there mouth is,there's still plenty of time and money to spend.