Quantcast
Summer Transfers 2014 - Page 402 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Summer Transfers 2014

this transfer window is hilarious, almost as bad as the Hodgson one, well maybe Can & Markovic soften the blow but we're doing Aston Villa/Newcastle/QPR transfers, no plan whatsoever, bet we were not prepared to sell Suarez before the "bitegate" and now it's one big circus, overpaying for mediocre dross and refusing to overpay for real quality - hardball negotiating & standing strong re our valuation my arse. Ahhh, I love some proper moaning me, can be a miserable bastard once again.

• Upvote 1

Bertrand is underrated. I wouldn't mind him.

Same here. Felt the same way about Sturridge when all and sundry were complaining. 

Bertrand was one of the few fullbacks to get the better of Sterling after Christmas last season.

Tbh I've been largely ignoring this transfer window cause it's quite clear Liverpool are fucking things up.  Selling our only world class player and spending a fortune on players that don't improve the first XI even with Suarez gone.  

There's something about Liverpool and title challenges that makes the manager go full retard in the following window.  

Something is seriously wrong if, with £75 million plus in the bank, Ryan Bertrand is the answer to our years of LB woes. With Rodgers coming out tonight saying we will not be held to ransom and we do not need a big name player, sounds like we are nearly done after Lovren. Cue the old net spend chestnut....

Johnson - Skrtel - Lovren - Bertrand

Gerrard - Henderson - Lallana

Remy - Sturridge - Sterling

welcome to the Champions League lads, "we come not to play"

if we sign this right back from atletico on loan johnson will be loaned out a la reina because we wont be able to sell him. qpr will take him and his big wage.

Tbh I've been largely ignoring this transfer window cause it's quite clear Liverpool are fucking things up.  Selling our only world class player and spending a fortune on players that don't improve the first XI even with Suarez gone.  

There's something about Liverpool and title challenges that makes the manager go full retard in the following window.

Agreed. I also think there was kind of an inevitability about all this.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to be totally aresed about teams, including the one I've loved for over 40 years, who spend £100 million on fucking footballers.

• Upvote 5

And he's seriously damned your ball-licking skills with faint praise there.

Foreplay to die for, in my experience.

only balls I've licked were Emre Can's, I officially announce myself a conductor of The Emre Can Bandwagon, feel free to jump in. If he turns shite - blame me.

who's nightcat? I thought it was me & Numero vs the world!

As if by fucking magic.  Shocked and stunned at this unforseeable turn of events.

Chris Bascombe @_ChrisBascombe 5m

Fabio Borini is coming off due to a shoulder injury. If it is serious, LFC may be losing a £14 million lottery ticket here.

James Pearce @JamesPearceEcho 9m

Borini indicates to the bench he needs to come off with a shoulder injury.

Dominic King @DominicKing_DM 10m

Not ideal when you are on the brink of being sold... @borinifabio29 is gesturing that he needs to come off after hurting his shoulder.