Quantcast
Summer Transfers 2014 - Page 396 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Summer Transfers 2014

Bojan krkic to stoke. Wasn't he meant to be the next big thing? Goes to show how fine the margins are.

But can he now do it on a windy Wednesday night in Stoke? Probably not.

Beware of buying on cup performance... a certain Diouf anyone!

Diouf was signed the day before he tore France a new one in the world cup opener. It's not accurate to say he was bought on the back of WC performances.

Everyone going on about how Loic Remy is such a good deal for the price (even rival fans are saying this) reminds me of when everyone thought Joe Cole was a major coup for us.

I read an article about Remy the other day explaining why he'll be great for us and i had a flashback to reading a similar one with Shearer talking about Carroll, saying he'll go down as a Liverpool legend and he's his natural successor blah blah blah.

See i like it when rival fans shit all over signings and say they aren't good enough

"20 million on him? have they lost the plot?" - Henderson

"Liverpool signing another average English player" - Sturridge

"Liverpool signing an Inter reject lol"- Coutinho

That's what i want them to think, because they're always wrong, so if they say they'll be garbage they'll turn out great and vice versa. Which leads me onto Remy, all signs using this hypothesis point to Remy being a proper flop for us and the darkhorses, the ones that slip by unnoticed are actually the good deals. Hence why i think Lambert will surprise everyone and be a McAllister style figure for us this year, just a hunch.

Joe Cole was finished when we got him and was being brought in with the idea of him being a key player, Remy is at his peak age and is being brought in as a squad player.

Hes as good a squad player as you can get and I have a feeling hes going to make a good impact as a lw similar to Bellamy when he moved out there from a striker position.

Everyone going on about how Loic Remy is such a good deal for the price (even rival fans are saying this) reminds me of when everyone thought Joe Cole was a major coup for us.

I read an article about Remy the other day explaining why he'll be great for us and i had a flashback to reading a similar one with Shearer talking about Carroll, saying he'll go down as a Liverpool legend and he's his natural successor blah blah blah.

See i like it when rival fans shit all over signings and say they aren't good enough

"20 million on him? have they lost the plot?" - Henderson

"Liverpool signing another average English player" - Sturridge

"Liverpool signing an Inter reject lol"- Coutinho

That's what i want them to think, because they're always wrong, so if they say they'll be garbage they'll turn out great and vice versa. Which leads me onto Remy, all signs using this hypothesis point to Remy being a proper flop for us and the darkhorses, the ones that slip by unnoticed are actually the good deals. Hence why i think Lambert will surprise everyone and be a McAllister style figure for us this year, just a hunch.

Reading this just had me thinking of Kewell for Remy and Riedle for Lambert. It was just a few seconds ago though so I haven't really thought it through properly.

From the Metro.co.uk

Javier Manquillo is set for a medical at Liverpool after Atletico Madrid accepted their offer to take the defender on a two-year loan deal.

Liverpool made their move for 20-year-old Manquillo on Monday and quickly convinced him to snub interest from Arsenal to move to Anfield.

And now Marca says a two-year loan deal with the option to make the transfer permanent for just £4.7million has been struck with Atletico.

The newspaper says the transfer will be announced in the coming hours but Manquillo is now making plans to travel to America, where Liverpool are for pre-season, to have a medical before joining up with the team.

It’s thought that the Reds are paying a small loan fee for the player who can play at right-back, left-back or as a winger.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Diouf was signed the day before he tore France a new one in the world cup opener. It's not accurate to say he was bought on the back of WC performances.

Plus, James Rodriguez has been known about for ages.

Cant understand why anyone should be worried about Remy; I think he is a great signing.

Whenever we look to sign anyone I attempt to picture how he will fit in (usually to the 1st XI). In this case, I see us playing with one striker most of the time (Studge) in a 4-2-3-1 formation. But Daniel is prone to an injury and will require a rest now and again. Bring on a very similar, quick player to replace him - Remy. Lambert cannot replace Sturridge and will be used to change games (style) probably as an additional striker when we need a goal.

Cant be robbed for the money and I cannot think of a closer fit to our first choice.

• Upvote 6

To be accurate, he was bought on the back of a bored Gerard houllier watching too many videos of French football in his sick bed.
  • Upvote 1

What happened to the old "we can attract top players even without CL, we're Yernited"

Swings and roundabouts I reckon; last years they had CL football but a new manager that no one outside the PL knew of, this season they have the big name manager but no European games to offer along with league a that is now almost 4/5 horse race.

The problem is that when any top player they want becomes available, there'll be someone else interested and they'll have CL football and probably offer a similar wage. 

The problem is that when any top player they want becomes available, there'll be someone else interested and they'll have CL football and probably offer a similar wage.

Which is why I'm hoping this Vidal transfer is taking so long, hopefully someone else is gazumping them.

Hopefully the beauty of this summer regarding United is that sure, you always stand a chance of enticing any player by hoying silly money (in relative terms) at them.

However, for them to do so sets a precedent which ensures existing and future players will all want parity while clapping mercenary eyes on the club from all directions, and the Glazers are tight as fuck, so presumably only see this summer war chest thing as a one off which will bring back the Ferguson days.

Could all be a far cry from Neville and co playing big brother with the selfless pep talks about how it's best to eschew agents and arrange terms via them and Taggart.

To be accurate, he was bought on the back of a bored Gerard houllier watching too many videos of French football in his sick bed.

It's not as if he was African footballer of the year for two years running, eh? He definitely wasn't a one tournament success. I think both of his awards came before the World Cup and we did sign him before Korea/Japan anyway. His stock had been rising for quite some time, and he most certainly wasn't a flavor of the month purchase.

Cant understand why anyone should be worried about Remy; I think he is a great signing.

Whenever we look to sign anyone I attempt to picture how he will fit in (usually to the 1st XI). In this case, I see us playing with one striker most of the time (Studge) in a 4-2-3-1 formation. But Daniel is prone to an injury and will require a rest now and again. Bring on a very similar, quick player to replace him - Remy. Lambert cannot replace Sturridge and will be used to change games (style) probably as an additional striker when we need a goal.

Cant be robbed for the money and I cannot think of a closer fit to our first choice.

And all for a transfer fee which is low risk.

And all for a transfer fee which is low risk.

I think Remy is an average player with a known shit attitude and we've just sold the best striker in the world for £75 million so we shouldn't be patting ourselves on the cock over making value for money signings.

• Upvote 2

I think Remy is an average player with a known shit attitude and we've just sold the best striker in the world for £75 million so we shouldn't be patting ourselves on the cock over making value for money signings.

If Remy were our only forward signing I'd be inclined to agree, but I think we'll see another 20 million-plus attacker come in before the end of the window so I'm not worried about it.

Worst case he flops, has a bad attitude about everything and demands out next summer.  If so, we just play Lambert as Sturridge's backup this season and then we can easily sell Remy for 10 million.  Best case, he comes here and plays a vital role in a title-winning season with his 10 league starts and 20 sub appearances adding up to 13 league goals.  Truth will probably be somewhere in between but even the worst case scenario isn't really that bad.

Who could we even think of to replace Suarez? Don't me wrong I'd love it if we could get Reus, Isco, or the like but even then I'd take Suarez over them, and for all we know we might still yet. Shit I'd have rather kept Suarez even if they offered us Messi plus £20m that's how much I rate the man, but it didn't work out that way.

Despite how any of us feel as fans, for players we aren't on the level of a Barcelona or a Real Madrid so until we are, and I do believe that we can be, for the most part we're just going to have to deal with these situations.

Then again I don't think anyone has suggested Remy is the replacement for Suarez. Either the whole of the players we've signed/will sign are, or there's someone big coming in.

It's not as if he was African footballer of the year for two years running, eh? He definitely wasn't a one tournament success. I think both of his awards came before the World Cup and we did sign him before Korea/Japan anyway. His stock had been rising for quite some time, and he most certainly wasn't a flavor of the month purchase.

If houllier had not got ill and spent months watching French video's, he wouldn't have signed him, he's said that himself.