You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Someone mentioned Tevez a few pages back saying he is too old or something. he was Juventus best player last year. Bit of a wanker but I wouldn't say no to him.

It was me. I couldn't see us paying what it would take to get an almost 30 year old. Top player, but top cunt too.

Done it for about five or six years on the bounce has Higuain. Got less pace, and skill, than Sturridge, less natural ability in general, but Higuain is a fucking lethal striker. I've no doubt Sturridge is capable of proving himself to be better than Higuain, but he hasn't done it yet.

true but he isn't as far behind as mary queen of wanks is implying 

I didn't say it was, but there's a reason they were happy to sell him to a direct rival for £12m.  He's young and English, which usually inflates a fee but they still let him go to us for £12m - and their fans don't even complain about it either.  I didn't rate him when we got him, I do now - but he isn't in the same class as Higuain.  That's my opinion, yours is obviously different.

Direct rival? We hadn't finished in the top 4 since 2009!

No, and don't chat shit to me either saying you watched them week in week out because you didn't.  I think I saw Napoli about 3/4 times and he played well in those games, and he's a proven world class striker.

You are the one chatting shit 

I watched Napoli quite a few times last season, I had them on plenty of accas so watched to see them fuck me over. Which they did on a number of occasions. Higuain playing like he had lead in his boots. I'm probably more qualified than you to make a comparison and i'm happy to concede that Higuain based on his past is probably ahead of Sturridge but you implied Sturridge was nowhere near which is quite frankly, pissed up tramp talk. 

So erm, yeah. 

So are we signing Higuain or is this just a thread to argue about whether he's any good or not?

You know full well this is the made up rumour argue about fuck all let of some steam annoy the shit out of dickheads fuck you thread Redderz. 

• Upvote 1

I thought we bought Lallana for £16m (something to do with Bournemouth's 25% £4m fee), but everyone keeps saying £25m. Maybe I've heard wrong.

Probably £16m up front with £9m in structured payments and performance based add ons.

I watched Napoli quite a few times last season, I had them on plenty of accas so watched to see them fuck me over. Which they did on a number of occasions. Higuain playing like he had lead in his boots. I'm probably more qualified than you to make a comparison and i'm happy to concede that Higuain based on his past is probably ahead of Sturridge but you implied Sturridge was nowhere near which is quite frankly, pissed up tramp talk. 

So erm, yeah. 

Yeah I bet you did mate, and I bet you watched Dortmund all the time a couple years back.  Still managed 17 league goals, in a new league with lead in his boots.  It's not "pissed up tramp talk" when the figures back it up.

So erm, yeah.

Agreed, last summer I would have took higuain in a heartbeat but after seeing him at Napoli where he is the main man he didn't look impressive.

His pace is poor and even though he can pull off some great finishes he can also miss easy chances, I wouldn't be happy paying more then Napoli did and he wouldn't be on my list of strikers.

Agreed, last summer I would have took higuain in a heartbeat but after seeing him at Napoli where he is the main man he didn't look impressive.

His pace is poor and even though he can pull off some great finishes he can also miss easy chances, I wouldn't be happy paying more then Napoli did and he wouldn't be on my list of strikers.

Well, he wouldn't necessarily be the 'main man' here. I'm not suggesting that he'd be top of my list, but it's not outside the realms of possibility that he might flourish with Sturridge and Sterling.