You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Sturridge needs someone to lead the line, he's a second striker. Also, he's our only first choice striker, this is not good. Not arsed about Sanchez, if he's gone to Arsenal it's for the wrong reasons and you don't want players like that. He'll start well then go off the boil I reckon.

Sturridge needs someone to lead the line, he's a second striker. Also, he's our only first choice striker, this is not good. Not arsed about Sanchez, if he's gone to Arsenal it's for the wrong reasons and you don't want players like that. He'll start well then go off the boil I reckon.

I don't see Sturridge as a second striker at all.

He's a classic, run behind the defence, finish it off number 9. 

He can pull wide as well and try things from distance and is obviously pretty decent on the ball, which does make him a bit versatile (and good).

But basically he's the black Ian Rush, and we need to get the black Kenny Dalglish to go with him.

This Toure guy makes my head spin. How old is he now five, throwing tantrums for not celebrating his birthday? The prat a modern footballer has become.

The birthday thing was bollocks:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yaya-toure-manchester-city-denied-7315426

Yaya Toure has attacked Manchester City by saying the club's post-season tour to Abu Dhabi denied him the chance to spend time with his dying brother.

Ibrahim Toure died last week in Manchester aged 28 after a battle with cancer.

And Toure says the Blues schedule denied him the chance to spend time at his sibling's bedside, instead pressing him to fly to Abu Dhabi for Premier League title celebrations.

In a column penned for France Football magazine, Toure wrote: "I confess that I am still very sad. I'm suffering because I feel I have done nothing useful for him the last few weeks.

"At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast.

"Except that City did not want to give me a few days.

"I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside."

However, it is understood Toure did not specifically ask for compassionate leave.

Toure added: "After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.

"However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline.

"This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season. Because my head had taken control of my body.

"These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life.

"I have had sporting success, except that when you get home and you find yourself facing the distress of someone you love, but you do not know how you can help, it's not good."

Toure and City were at loggerheads at the end of the season after his agent claimed the club did not respect him.            

City do have a fine track record of player care.

In 2010 the Blues gave Carlos Tevez compassionate leave to spend time with his premature baby.

In the same year Emmanuel Adebayor was told he could have as much time off as he wanted in the aftermath of an incident at the African Cup of Nations, when the bus he was on came under gun fire.

In 2011 Pablo Zabaleta was granted time off to be with his father after a car crash.

I hate us at transfers. I think we are badly shit at them and its transfers more than any other thing over the last two decades that have decided our fate. There should be one rule this window and that's buy players who you believe will immediately replace the one currently in that position for the first 11 ( Suarez aside as he's irreplaceable ). We are the Joey Barton of transfers we try to make out we are smart but actually more often than not display complete stupidity.

Look at a weak position make a list of players who you know will improve that position and try to sign them. Do not identify players who you think in 3 years could one day compete for that position and definitely do not under any circumstances buy a player who you think could be might be competition for an already weak player in that position. Improve motherfuckers, improve slowly but surely stop trying to solve academy , squad and first 11 problems all in one go every bastard window. Will this player improve the team... No, then don't sign him. The idea should be that the players who will strengthen the squad are currently starters for the first team and its the ones behind them we flog, fuck buying extra squad players unless its a player of a type we don't have.

• Upvote 3

I hate us at transfers. I think we are badly shit at them and its transfers more than any other thing over the last two decades that have decided our fate. There should be one rule this window and that's buy players who you believe will immediately replace the one currently in that position for the first 11 ( Suarez aside as he's irreplaceable ). We are the Joey Barton of transfers we try to make out we are smart but actually more often than not display complete stupidity.

Look at a weak position make a list of players who you know will improve that position and try to sign them. Do not identify players who you think in 3 years could one day compete for that position and definitely do not under any circumstances buy a player who you think could be might be competition for an already weak player in that position. Improve motherfuckers, improve slowly but surely stop trying to solve academy , squad and first 11 problems all in one go every bastard window. Will this player improve the team... No, then don't sign him. The idea should be that the players who will strengthen the squad are currently starters for the first team and its the ones behind them we flog, fuck buying extra squad players unless its a player of a type we don't have.

Nail on the head. This needs to be posted to Ayre. In blood.

The birthday thing was bollocks:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yaya-toure-manchester-city-denied-7315426

Yaya Toure has attacked Manchester City by saying the club's post-season tour to Abu Dhabi denied him the chance to spend time with his dying brother.

Ibrahim Toure died last week in Manchester aged 28 after a battle with cancer.

And Toure says the Blues schedule denied him the chance to spend time at his sibling's bedside, instead pressing him to fly to Abu Dhabi for Premier League title celebrations.

In a column penned for France Football magazine, Toure wrote: "I confess that I am still very sad. I'm suffering because I feel I have done nothing useful for him the last few weeks.

"At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast.

"Except that City did not want to give me a few days.

"I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside."

However, it is understood Toure did not specifically ask for compassionate leave.

Toure added: "After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.

"However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline.

"This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season. Because my head had taken control of my body.

"These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life.

"I have had sporting success, except that when you get home and you find yourself facing the distress of someone you love, but you do not know how you can help, it's not good."

Toure and City were at loggerheads at the end of the season after his agent claimed the club did not respect him.

City do have a fine track record of player care.

In 2010 the Blues gave Carlos Tevez compassionate leave to spend time with his premature baby.

In the same year Emmanuel Adebayor was told he could have as much time off as he wanted in the aftermath of an incident at the African Cup of Nations, when the bus he was on came under gun fire.

In 2011 Pablo Zabaleta was granted time off to be with his father after a car crash.

It's horrible that his brothers died, but he's been very silly if he didn't go on the record and ask for some compassion from the company or compassionate leave. When my dad was ill my ex-manager was being a dick so I went over his head in writing and it was all sorted in less than a week that as long as I did forty hours I could beat the traffic to see him.

I know it's massively different for Yaya but he's one of their best players and if he had said I'm not going I am spending a week with my brother before the World Cup what would they do to their best midfielder?

It's horrible but it's his own mistake and something he'll have to live with. No good blaming the club when by the looks of things he didn't even officially ask for time off. Are their training staff supposed to be psychic?

It's horrible and was completely unavoidable and something he will have to live with no good blaming city though.

Liverpool have dropped out of the running to sign Alexis Sanchez, and with Arsenal willing to pay £30m transfer fee and £100k a week salary Juventus will be priced out

Telegraph

That's a steal. We should still be in the race to bump up those prices, if nothing else.

He doesn't want to join us.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool have dropped out of the running to sign Alexis Sanchez, and with Arsenal willing to pay £30m transfer fee and £100k a week salary Juventus will be priced out

Telegraph

That's a steal. We should still be in the race to bump up those prices, if nothing else.

Bang on, offer him 150k to come to us, that will make him think atleast and even if he does still go arsenal it will cost them more money.