You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

The Official Agent™ ‏@_OfficialAgent_ 37m

World Exclusive: #LFC are in talks with #Higuain's agent. Confirmed. #Napoli

I also seen today that Higuains odds to join us have come down from 16/1 to 9/2. Don't know about Higuain , never been entirely convinced whenever I've seen him.

I think the lad is quality, had a better than 1 in 2 record at Madrid, good number of assists as well, and scored a fair few for Napoli last year.

Just looked up his record for Argentina ad well 22 in 42, not bad at all, that.

I think he would be well worth a punt.

Few links to yaya Toure starting to appear. He doesn't want to go back to man city and going by his comments about being more loved I reckon he'd jump at the chance to come here. The only question is one of money and with the Suarez fee we should be pretty flush.

Should we go for him?

Decent striker, but lacks pace from what I have seen of him.

Also think they would want crazy money for him. How much did they buy him for last season. 35m euros?

€40million. I wouldn't even want us to pay that and as you mentiond they want more.

I think the lad is quality, had a better than 1 in 2 record at Madrid, good number of assists as well, and scored a fair few for Napoli last year.

Just looked up his record for Argentina ad well 22 in 42, not bad at all, that.

I think he would be well worth a punt.

He's obviously a very good player but I don't see where he fits at Liverpool. I doubt we're planning to have Sturridge as second choice, and both he and Higuain are number 9s.

Also, Higuain isn't the paciest, which is an attribute Rodgers seems to like in his attackers.

Few links to yaya Toure starting to appear. He doesn't want to go back to man city and going by his comments about being more loved I reckon he'd jump at the chance to come here. The only question is one of money and with the Suarez fee we should be pretty flush.Should we go for him?

Ill shit my pants if we signed him. No chance though

they're after Bender and/or Schneiderlin, already signed Debuchy tho, and he's garbage.. but I refuse taking the piss because our defense will look most likely Johnson-Skrtel-Lovren-Bertrand next season, and that's Hodgson-esque.

No it won't and no it isn't.

He's obviously a very good player but I don't see where he fits at Liverpool. I doubt we're planning to have Sturridge as second choice, and both he and Higuain are number 9s.

Also, Higuain isn't the paciest, which is an attribute Rodgers seems to like in his attackers.

Yeah agreed.  Higuain plays in very similar positions to Sturridge and also is about the same calibre (cue someone posting fuck off Higuain is miles better, etc.)  If we are playing two up front it would be better to have more of a number 10 type to play with Sturridge - or ideally a 9 and a half like Suarez or Aguero.

You could play Higuain and Sturridge together of course, and the benefit would be that Higuain is actual quality, however what then are we doing with Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic (if we get him) ?

Still Higuain is miles better than Lambert or Origi so I wouldn't complain too much.

I can't see Higuain in our system, he's a good striker but very limited, there's no top CF available tho so I'd just buy two class wide forwards and keep Borini, Shaqiri/Fischer + maybe goalscoring AM like Firmino.. oh yeah, I forgot we've signed UK's Cruyff in Lallana instead..

Rodgers changes the system though, so I wouldn't get all system straightjacketed.

Yeah so garbage he started 27 times for the team that came second last season.

I'd sell Lucas, but let's not slate the guy, he's a good player we now need better than good.

Well said and repped. Good pro. Nice guy. Never an ounce of trouble. Slow starter at Liverpool but ended up winning most fans over with some solid displays. Never the flashiest but to the more discerning he was well worth his place in the side.

Just as most were on board he got an injury. Then another. And along the way the team has bypassed the skills this player is able to bring to the table.

Let's show a bit of respect and some class. If he ends up in Italy - a slower paced league - he might still have a decent contribution too make in the game. Good luck to the fella.

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure about Higuain. I'd like Sturridge central, backed up by Lambert, with Origi to come through and potentially surpass both, or at least provide a strong challenge and alternate to Sturridge. Sterling can grow in the goals department. Markovic will too. So will Coutinho. Henderson too. And Lallana to add a decent amount from the off.

Get these attacking options and strengthen the defence with Lovren (or better) Moreno and that Yedlin fella. We'll be fine.

Sky Sources are saying West Ham have offered £9.5m for Konoplynka.

This will be the ultimate proof that Ayre is either wank or a mad genius. If he goes to WH, we were right to not overpay, if he doesn't...well the jury is still out on that...

Maybe he just prefers London ?

The Official Agent™ ‏@_OfficialAgent_ 37m

World Exclusive: #LFC are in talks with #Higuain's agent. Confirmed. #Napoli

I also seen today that Higuains odds to join us have come down from 16/1 to 9/2. Don't know about Higuain , never been entirely convinced whenever I've seen him.

Looks good, but don't want to see him in the red shirt.

Few links to yaya Toure starting to appear. He doesn't want to go back to man city and going by his comments about being more loved I reckon he'd jump at the chance to come here. The only question is one of money and with the Suarez fee we should be pretty flush.

Should we go for him?

This Toure guy makes my head spin. How old is he now five, throwing tantrums for not celebrating his birthday? The prat a modern footballer has become.

I'm not sure about Higuain. I'd like Sturridge central, backed up by Lambert, with Origi to come through and potentially surpass both, or at least provide a strong challenge and alternate to Sturridge. Sterling can grow in the goals department. Markovic will too. So will Coutinho. Henderson too. And Lallana to add a decent amount from the off.

Get these attacking options and strengthen the defence with Lovren (or better) Moreno and that Yedlin fella. We'll be fine.

While I agree in principle with the optimistic view point, Suarez scored or assisted 50 of our league goals last season.  That's without mentioning the extra space that Sturridge got because the defence was keyed in on Suarez, etc.

It is going to take a massive improvement by those players you mentioned to even come close to replacing half of that.  We need more proven quality.