You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

AnfieldOracle @AnfieldOracle2 · 20h

BREAKING: Liverpool have made a £23.5 million pound bid for Matt Hummels. #BVB #LFC

Something to wind the Mancs up possibly? They're supposedly after him. If we are going for him then have we given up on Lovren? Why would we do that when he's basically fucked himself for staying at Southampton? And if we're going for two, why would we spend 45 mil on central defenders when we have Sakho and haven't even got around to full backs?

Strange and maybe just a BS rumour really.

I hope the Hummel thing is right, not just because

I want him, but because it'll hopefully fuck Southampton over. That club have zero ambition other than to make money, and I hope they end up with the likes of Lovren on their wage bill with no intention of playing for them anymore.

Here's the top transfer-related stories in Tuesday's newspapers...

Luis Suarez's move to Barcelona is being held up by Liverpool's demand to have the £75million fee paid up front. Barca want to make the payment in stages, with part of the fee based on performances. (Daily Mail)

Liverpool have been told they must raise their bid to £25m if they want to sign Dejan Lovren from Southampton(Daily Star)

Inter Milan are showing interest in Liverpool's Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva(Daily Mail)

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/transfer-rumours-and-paper-review-tuesday-july-8-140708100473#csgFSHlpVDC78b0Q.99

Here's the top transfer-related stories in Tuesday's newspapers...

Luis Suarez's move to Barcelona is being held up by Liverpool's demand to have the £75million fee paid up front. Barca want to make the payment in stages, with part of the fee based on performances. (Daily Mail)

If true show Luis pull the deal sign Hummel's win the league live happily ever after.  The End!

• Upvote 4

Don't think Lucas is the only 'If'. If we had signed some players in January, If Ayre wasn't/isn't complete dogshit at transfers, if Toure hadn't passed to Anichebe, if Gerrard hadn't slipped if...oh fuck I better stop. Starting to sound like a bitter...

If Gerrard hadnt slipped mainly but hey shit happens. Everyone needs to scapegoat but its difficult to do so with one of the best at our club ever.  

Barca can put all the performance-based clauses they want in Suarez's contract with them, but they must pay Liverpool whatever Liverpool are asking for.

Barca can put all the performance-based clauses they want in Suarez's contract with them, but they must pay Liverpool whatever Liverpool are asking for.

Is right.

How he performs and is incentivised/ rewarded for that is between him and his new club, it's got nothing to do with us or how we are paid.

Barcelona need to either pay up or fuck off

Guest Numero Veinticinco

According to the reliable source of Talksport, West Ham have had a bid of £9.5m turned down for Konoplyanka. His buyout is apparently £12m.

I still think we should get him.

Most likely a nothing story. Negotiations have been going on a while and it seems like it's only a matter of time before the deal is confirmed, I hardly doubt Barca are suddenly going to change their offer now. If they do/have we want to be telling them to fuck off. 

I hope the bubble bursts and La Liga ends up like the Italian league. 

I still think we should get him.

I'd be happy with that. I just thought it was odd West Ham thought they had a chance, and also that he had a buyout as low as 12m.

Us, Roma, and Chelsea all linked with Yarmolenko.

They're both 24, you'd expect them to leave the Ukranian league this summer, Shirley?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd be happy with that. I just thought it was odd West Ham thought they had a chance, and also that he had a buyout as low as 12m.

Us, Roma, and Chelsea all linked with Yarmolenko.

They're both 24, you'd expect them to leave the Ukranian league this summer, Shirley?

Well, if they don't leave then they've not got nearly enough ambition or their clubs are being cunts. I think Kono would be ideal and at 12m, he's worth a go.

Why?

Why would we want yet another wide forward, one who isn't any better than Coutinho, or Lallana, or Markovic, or Sterling?  It's the last position we need more players for.

Unless we can get a Reus or someone like that, I can't see why we'd spend that kind of money for another wide player who won't get into the team.  I don't know how we're going to replace Suarez, frankly, because the only player that made any sense was Sanchez.  The others are either not available or play better out wide (and aren't much better than Sterling anyway, certainly not enough better to be worth paying 30 million for).

I think we should look around to see if we can somehow convince Reus or Di Maria or someone of that level to come.  If not, then just buy the best young striker we can find, I like Morata but someone like that.  Have them back up Sturridge and then spend the rest of the money getting Hummels and Rodriguez (or equivalent quality) at the back.  Certainly wouldn't spend any more money on yet another wide player unless we're confident he's going to keep Lallana and Sterling out of the team easily.