You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Masch would be perfect if Gerrard could still regularly play in one of the two forward-midfield positions in the 4-3-3 or the 2 "side mids" in the diamond. As it stands though he can only regularly play as a DM or AM and Rodgers clearly prefers him in the DM role.

Fucking Bertrand? He never played for Chelsea, got usurped by a right footed player and has been near invisible in a shit Villa side. Someone here needs the dictionary throwing at them and being shown the difference between quantity and quality.

Fucking Bertrand? He never played for Chelsea, got usurped by a right footed player and has been near invisible in a shit Villa side. Someone here needs the dictionary throwing at them and being shown the difference between quantity and quality.

Chill mate. It's just paper talk at the moment.

Moreno would be the one I'd be happiest about out of those.

Lallana would be a decent squad player. But he's worth £10m, not £25m.

Shaqiri could be very good, and I have wanted a left footed wide right option for a while, but I've no idea whether he'd have the work rate and mentality to succeed for us. People who have seen more him would obviously have a better idea.

Don't want us to sign another centreback. We already have Sakho, Skrtel, Agger, and Toure. With Ilori, who I think is very good, to come back. Wisdom also, although he might play more at right back, he certainly has so far for us.

Vorm, don't see the point. Either sign a top class keeper and bin Mignolet, or sign him some cheap competition, either 35+ or young up and coming. Fuck signing another 25-30 year old for £8m-£10m.

I'd like us to sign a defensive midfielder, but there is no point if Rodgers' intention is to play Gerrard as the deepest midfielder every game next season.

I also want us to sign another striker. Borini has looked useful, but I still think I'd rather he was our 4th best striker rather than 3rd.

We've got Champions League football, we're a fucking massive club, that plays great football, we're clearly on the up, we should have £100m+ to spend, we can aim a bit higher than those targets.

• Upvote 1

Lallana has been brilliant this season. Two-footed, great vision, great technique, versatile, hard working with an eye for a goal. I agree he's not worth 25 million, probably round the 15-17 million pound mark imo. Certainly better then just another decent squad player though.

Moreno would be the one I'd be happiest about out of those.

Is he proper good then? The other night was the first time I'd watched Sevilla with any kind of attention being paid to who their full back was since Alves and he didn't have a great game.

@Jairzinho

You also presuming we're keeping all our CB's when there is a good chance Agger  could be on this way out. Toure is finished as a top CB and LIori looks promising but is unproven in the premiership. So I think signing someone like Lovren would be of massive benefit to us.

@Jairzinho

You also presuming we're keeping all our CB's when there is a good chance Agger  could be on this way out. Toure is finished as a top CB and LIori looks promising but is unproven in the premiership. So I think signing someone like Lovren would be of massive benefit to us.

I agree on Toure, but I bet he stays next season and sees out his contract.

If Agger and Toure go then, yes, we'll need another centre back. But I'd deffo bring back Ilori for our squad next season though as well. I really don't want him being yet another player we loan out for 2/3 seasons on the bounce then just bin him off.

I'm happy with Skrtel and Sakho as first choice.

Lallana has been brilliant this season. Two-footed, great vision, great technique, versatile, hard working with an eye for a goal. I agree he's not worth 25 million, probably round the 15-17 million pound mark imo. Certainly better then just another decent squad player though.

I wouldn't be starting him if everyone was fit.

Henderson/Gerrard/Coutinho as the midfield. Sturridge/Suarez/Sterling the front three.

Is he proper good then? The other night was the first time I'd watched Sevilla with any kind of attention being paid to who their full back was since Alves and he didn't have a great game.

I thought he gave a reasonable performance, in a very difficult game for defenders. It was end to end for 90 minutes. He's a good player, and is only 21. Already played a couple of times for Spain, so would appear they rate him.

I wouldn't be starting him if everyone was fit.

Henderson/Gerrard/Coutinho as the midfield. Sturridge/Suarez/Sterling the front three.

We've got a lot of games to play next season mate. He would be rotated. It would be that strength in depth we desperately need.

I agree on Toure, but I bet he stays next season and sees out his contract.

If Agger and Toure go then, yes, we'll need another centre back. But I'd deffo bring back Ilori for our squad next season though as well. I really don't want him being yet another player we loan out for 2/3 seasons on the bounce then just bin him off.

I'm happy with Skrtel and Sakho as first choice.

To be honest I don't think we'd be signing another CB if everyone stayed anyway. Lot's of noise about Agger leaving though. He'd be a perfect replacement if that happened.

Aye, decent squad player.

*Enter smiley face here*

Well that's your opinion. I think he'd be getting more than enough game time if we signed him. Certainly wouldn't look out of place in our starting 11. In fact I think he'd flourish in a team that plays the way we do.

First time I ever paid any attention to Alves was in that UEFA cup final against Espanyol. He was shite that night. He didn't turn out too bad in the end.