You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco

We bought 3 Southampton players, is anybody fuckin surprised we've regressed

Only one of the has started more than a couple of games. It's not about where we got players from.

Buy 3 players from a midtable side in one window don't be surprised if you end up going that way, this was said in summer but the Rodgers can do no wrong brigade wouldn't accept it, FFS it seems it wasn't even there 3 best players

Rodgers can do plenty wrong. Selling Agger to start those clowns at the back is his his biggest.

• Downvote 1

Our recruitment policy is fucking stupid. We play a game that requires players to be good passers of the ball and to play with high energy but lots of the players we sign are incapable of playing that way.

Either Brendan can't identify players who can play how he wants us to play or the 'recruitment team' are completely useless. The thing is it's easy to see with some of these players that they're shite on the ball, slow or lazy by watching them for 5 minutes so why do we bring them in?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lallana, Markovic, Can, Moreno, Manquillo, Lovren can all pass and play high energy football. Balotelli needs players buzzing off him, creating some space. I'd say Lambert is probably the only one who isn't suited to that style.

Lallana, Markovic, Can, Moreno, Manquillo, Lovren can all pass and play high energy football. Balotelli needs players buzzing off him, creating some space. I'd say Lambert is probably the only one who isn't suited to that style.

The players I was thinking of were Mignolet, Sakho, Lambert and Balotelli as well as others who have previously not made the grade here like Alberto and Aspas.

I think Balotelli's movement when we have the ball is terrible and is one of the big reasons we look so bad going forward.

Of the latest batch of signings I haven't seen much of Can or Markovic to properly judge and I'm happy with the full backs although they need to get more experience to improve their decision making. Lovren has been terrible so far and Lallana is still catching up on fitness but I agree they fit into the style of play.

That said the only player we have bought in the last 3 transfer windows that I see as being a definite improvement on our starting eleven is Moreno.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I thought you were talking about players we got this window, but Sakho certainly can and does play superb passing football. I think we're getting to the stage with Mignolet where his attributes aren't particularly important but his flaws are hurting us. Lambert is a bit part player. Balotelli is a young, proven quality player. IS he right for us? Not sure, but I'm willing to give him more time to get fit, and to form a partnership with Sturridge.

Too many players signed during summer. Too many to bed in and before you realise which ones have worked and which haven't half or more of the season has gone. Also hasn't helped that Gerrard is showing his age and Old Cunt Face Hodgson crocked Sturridge and ragged out Sterling.

we needed a bigger squad

Too many players signed during summer. Too many to bed in and before you realise which ones have worked and which haven't half or more of the season has gone. Also hasn't helped that Gerrard is showing his age and Old Cunt Face Hodgson crocked Sturridge and ragged out Sterling.

Of the new players, only lovren, manquillo and moreno have played regular full 90 minutes so I think the presumption of too many new players is weak.

Without Suarez teams know we are less of a threat. Even with suarez, teams would have been set up differently to last season against us.

Im sick of banging on about it but defensive problems persist and have done for years. Its clearly NOT being addressed in training. Scoring shitloads of goals is great to watch but conceeding shitty scrappy goals is not.

I thought you were talking about players we got this window, but Sakho certainly can and does play superb passing football. I think we're getting to the stage with Mignolet where his attributes aren't particularly important but his flaws are hurting us. Lambert is a bit part player. Balotelli is a young, proven quality player. IS he right for us? Not sure, but I'm willing to give him more time to get fit, and to form a partnership with Sturridge.

Which sakho do you watch? Its not the fucking pudding who plays for us. "Superb passing football"? He's the most indecisive passer of the ball in our team. I don't see anything superb about anything he does.

• Upvote 2