You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

I honestly don’t see the appeal with Bony. He is a lazy bastard. One decent season of goals that’s it. We need a proven top goalscorer (Higuain) or an early 20’s ready to blitz everyone player. (Volland)

Fuck Bony. Fuck him in his uterus. 

I honestly don’t see the appeal with Bony. He is a lazy bastard. One decent season of goals that’s it. We need a proven top goalscorer (Higuain) or an early 20’s ready to blitz everyone player. (Volland)

Fuck Bony. Fuck him in his uterus. 

Is right.  If the ball is either side of him he doesn't move for it, and when he does collect the ball he just shoots because he's too fucking lazy to move with him.  What a shit signing that will be.

Few papers and radio stations in Spain reporting the reus is close to atletico for 27million.

That's got to be bollocks.

Wouldn't be too shocking. A year at Atletico then a big money move to Barce. Probably set up by agents with the clubs all agreeing a suitable release clause for the next season.

Wouldn't be too shocking. A year at Atletico then a big money move to Barce. Probably set up by agents with the clubs all agreeing a suitable release clause for the next season.

I don't see any point in that, he's already the real deal so why would Barcelona make a direct rival stronger, just to pay them more money - to go out and make themselves stronger again?

Regardless of that they are broke, they had a similar wage budget to Fulham last season, if athletico were in for him and close to a deal we should be going in and blowing them out of the water with our offer to reus.

Indeed, we can definitely compete with Atletico on wages and opportunities. And Reus would fit perfectly. Once he was fit.

I don't see any point in that, he's already the real deal so why would Barcelona make a direct rival stronger, just to pay them more money - to go out and make themselves stronger again?

Lack of funds would be their main motivator and being Reus' preferred destination. Place him at Atletico as a holding club for a year and stop him moving to Bayern or a team who won't play ball with a reasonable release clause then buy him when they're flush again next year. Doesn't his buy out kick in for domestic rival next season so by doing this they'd block Bayern. Far fetched bollocks probably but either way I'd expect him to be at Barce for the 15/16 season.

They can't be that broke when they've spent £50m this summer and plan on spending more.

They spend about a tenth of what Real Madrid and Barca do. So we won't be competing with 300 grand a week wages. I guess they got 32 mill for Costa and must have made a decent packet from the Champions League. So have a bit of loot.

Lack of funds would be their main motivator and being Reus' preferred destination. Place him at Atletico as a holding club for a year and stop him moving to Bayern or a team who won't play ball with a reasonable release clause then buy him when they're flush again next year. Doesn't his buy out kick in for domestic rival next season so by doing this they'd block Bayern. Far fetched bollocks probably but either way I'd expect him to be at Barce for the 15/16 season.

Barcelona do not have a lack of funds.

Are people judging Bony on MOTD highlights or actual matches? Because he's not slow nor is he lazy. 

Please don't tell me he isn't slow.  I'm judging from the two matches I've seen him live at the stadium last season, plus the few times they've been on Sky.  Lazy could be argued, but slow is a fact.  He's a fucking carthorse.  The UHT milk in my fridge will turn quicker than him.