You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

I reckon Kelly might still turn out to be a very good player, Unfortunately the clock has run down on him at Anfield . Definitely a good punt for Palace

We could always buy him back if he does amazingly well. Hope he has a good one there, at least he should get regular games, and will maybe get the experience and confidence that he needs.

It's going to be strange seeing him play for them.

The Kelly deal is great for everyone. I think he's going to be a quality player but the injuries will obviously be an obstacle unless he puts them to bed and gets a good long run in a side. Always thought he had potential though and hope it works out well.

I thought the Kelly of old was going to be in our side for a long-time. Whether it was at RB, CB or the bench. Unfortunately it seems he may never get back to that level. You can't have someone with his injury record as your second choice back-up as he could break at any moment. It's the right move for us and him. Hope he's over his problems and he does well. 

True enough, but that one striker is so important because I can't see Sturridge staying injury free, Lambert is still an unknown quantity in our team and personally I don't trust Borini to produce under pressure.

We know Suarez is irreplaceable but he was always likely to go at some point. Our transfer committee should have long drawn up a list of possible replacements and already made their move.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why we didnt loan Kelly out for a year.

Me, too. One thing is certain, however, we simply can't rid ourselves of either Agger or Johnson, both of whom are aging, not very good and on ridiculous wages. Martin was the odd man out simply because of the wages of the other two.

I'll bet we tried to loan him but had not takers, beats me why. Good luck to him.

Us handsome Irish lads probably see more of Long than the rest of you ugly foreign types, and while he's not a £12m player, he's a good player. Certainly better than the comments being attributed to him on the twitter machine. But £12m is madness.

• Upvote 1