You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

I am starting to think we wont be signing another striker unless the Borini to Sunderland happens.I hope that is not the case as imo unless we sign  a quality goalscorer, we will have problems.

Dan wont stay fit for a season and I am pretty sure most of his goals came from Suarez.I can see Sterling scoring more this season. Lambert just dosent seem to fit and if Borini stays the Italian curse we have will strike again with him.

I would think the club would of been thinking they would of brought in another 30 million by now,with his sale and Aggers and Pepes.

I hope I am wrong about it hanging on Borini s sale.

I am starting to think we wont be signing another striker unless the Borini to Sunderland happens.I hope that is not the case as imo unless we sign  a quality goalscorer, we will have problems.

Dan wont stay fit for a season and I am pretty sure most of his goals came from Suarez.I can see Sterling scoring more this season. Lambert just dosent seem to fit and if Borini stays the Italian curse we have will strike again with him.

I would think the club would of been thinking they would of brought in another 30 million by now,with his sale and Aggers and Pepes.

I hope I am wrong about it hanging on Borini s sale.

Well old bass to red's research seems to suggest that it is Suarez who should be worried as Daniel was creating slightly more for him. anyway you are fucking wrong about Suarez setting up most of his goals, i have seen the stats somewhere but can't be arsed chasing them up.So you are probably wrong about Borini's sale and everything else you ever say.

http://basstunedtored.com/2014/03/05/sturridge-and-suarez-an-equal-partnership/#more-8230

The impact of Suarez leaving is interesting, on one hand you can't convince anyone that we're better off without him, and rightly so because we aren't but at the same time It's worth mentioning that at times it seemed like the other players in the side were doing everything they could to get the ball to Suarez and then watching him play. This lead to a lot of goals for Suarez and others obviously but there's a chance that without him certain players might have the confidence in themselves to take a shot on or try to beat a man rather than deffering to Suarez as he's not there to defer too. This could end up increasing the team's production as a whole which doesn't necessarily mean we'll score more goals (which I very much doubt) or even as many goals just that the goals might be spread throughout the team a bit more.

Of course it could go too far the other way where a Sturridge or Sterling (and I highlight those two because they're our two biggest threats to score) don't pass the ball when they should because they don't think the other player will score. I don't think this will be a problem with those two linking up with eachother but I could see either one and particularly Sturridge not laying off a ball to someone other than Sterling when they're in a better position because he fancies his own ability more than their's.

Liverpool clear to complete Ezequiel Lavezzi transfer as PSG force him out

Liverpool look set to finalise a deal to sign Ezequiel Lavezzi after PSG told the striker that they want him to leave.

Lavezzi is among the Reds’ transfer targets as they look to find a replacement for Luis Suarez, and reports this week suggested a £17.9million bid had been lodged for the player.

The news on a deal has since dried up, with Lavezzi said to be happy at PSG, but the Daily Express now says the French club are forcing him out to fund other deals.

They claim the French champions want to raise money for a new Angel Di Maria bid but need Lavezzi to move to Liverpool in order to free up cash in their budget.

Lavezzi is unlikely to want to stay a club when he is not wanted – and it’s now up to Liverpool to agree a fee and close the transfer.

Juventus and former club Napoli have also been linked with Lavezzi but the Argentine forward has previously admitted his interest in player in England.

Start the league with the below please LFC.

1066253_Champions_League_Team.jpg

First XI: Mignolet, Moreno, Sakho, Lovren, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Vela, Sturridge

Additional Squad: Lambert, Firmino, Ibe, Lallana, Markovich, Can, Allen, Enrique, Flanno, Skrtel, Ilori, Jones.

Obviously the formation will change a lot with the flexibility in our players and our additional options but that would make me happy. Moreno plus two additional attacking options (given that Borini has all but fucked off) would be perfect.

(I'm trying my hardest to be an optimist here, figured I've ranted enough doom and gloom stuff)

The impact of Suarez leaving is interesting, on one hand you can't convince anyone that we're better off without him, and rightly so because we aren't but at the same time It's worth mentioning that at times it seemed like the other players in the side were doing everything they could to get the ball to Suarez and then watching him play. This lead to a lot of goals for Suarez and others obviously but there's a chance that without him certain players might have the confidence in themselves to take a shot on or try to beat a man rather than deffering to Suarez as he's not there to defer too. This could end up increasing the team's production as a whole which doesn't necessarily mean we'll score more goals (which I very much doubt) or even as many goals just that the goals might be spread throughout the team a bit more.

Of course it could go too far the other way where a Sturridge or Sterling (and I highlight those two because they're our two biggest threats to score) don't pass the ball when they should because they don't think the other player will score. I don't think this will be a problem with those two linking up with eachother but I could see either one and particularly Sturridge not laying off a ball to someone other than Sterling when they're in a better position because he fancies his own ability more than their's.

I don't think losing Suarez is even that much of a big deal...IF you replace him with another talented forward with decent movement, creativity and the ability to score a few goals.

We will never buy somebody as good as him and I don't even think we need to to remain competitive. Somebody like Vela, maybe even somebody like Lavezzi would do very well here in my opinion and if they brought in half of what Luis did then would play a major part in our success going forward.

• Upvote 2

Start the league with the below please LFC.

1066253_Champions_League_Team.jpg

First XI: Mignolet, Moreno, Sakho, Lovren, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Vela, Sturridge

Additional Squad: Lambert, Firmino, Ibe, Lallana, Markovich, Can, Allen, Enrique, Flanno, Skrtel, Ilori, Jones.

Obviously the formation will change a lot with the flexibility in our players and our additional options but that would make me happy. Moreno plus two additional attacking options (given that Borini has all but fucked off) would be perfect.

(I'm trying my hardest to be an optimist here, figured I've ranted enough doom and gloom stuff)

You had me until I realized Johnson was shoe horned in there, nice and tight >.<

*lights a cigar*

so, many of you are still sitting here thinking that we'll be signing a striker? There is no chance, unless Borini and Agger are both sold which appears unlikely.

Aaaah, so now you've changed your tune and you're now saying we might buy a striker?

Bottler.

14m plus Suso would obviously be fucking stupid. We wouldn't fuck about negotiating between 16m and 20m for five years and then decide to offer them a deal worth more than 20m.

If Suso is loaned out it should be to a Premier League club.

Don't see a queue of premier league clubs beating down our door to sign him.

Also, why have you decked us out in a fleshy bellend-like kit? That's not going to sell well enough to cover Johnson's wages. Realistic my nuts. 

Man, are you serious? Going off our recent outfits I thought that the more bellend-esque the kit was the more it would sell?! Do I need to put some sort of wallpaper pattern on it to make it more edgy?

Which Vela are you lads on about? Not that greasy one that plays for Arsenal? No Shaquri transfer then?

I think light force does mean the vela that was from arsenal and was loaned out and sold to sociedad. He actually seems pretty promising really, hasty winger with an eye for goal. 42 goals in 107 appearances for a winger is a good return.

Tbh, I have no idea why arsenal sold him when they were lacking a hasty winger and that was when Walcott was miserable.