You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Lacazette is the only name I really object to. The guy's only had one good season... in FRANCE...

He's got a lot to prove before he's good enough.

Bony would score goals and bully defences

Benzema would score a lot of goals but can have confidence issues

Lavezzi would score a few but create or help create a shit tonne of good chances

Shaqiri would win us games and draw the defence out as they'd have to close him down

Firmino would tear great big holes out of defences which the others could exploit.

JUST BUY ONE DAMMIT...

• Upvote 1

The more I think about Balotelli for approx 14million the more it makes sense, I think he'll always be a nutjob but if he wasn't he'd be going to Real Madrid for about 60million, would he perform often enough to take the risk with all the baggage, I don't think anyone knows, but if Brendan could work his magic and get him playing well consistently he would be perfect for our team

The more I think about Balotelli for approx 14million the more it makes sense, I think he'll always be a nutjob but if he wasn't he'd be going to Real Madrid for about 60million, would he perform often enough to take the risk with all the baggage, I don't think anyone knows, but if Brendan could work his magic and get him playing well consistently he would be perfect for our team

The issue for me is his consistency down to this idea he doesn't give a shit or is it just down to the fact he's young and hasn't handled himself and the shit around him very well. I have to say, I'd be shocked if we were genuinely in for him, aside from anything else I'd expect his wages to be too rich for us, as I assume they're supplemented a bit by city now.

We don't need Balotelli, what we need is a Lavezzi or a Shaqiri to play on the sides of a front three with Sterling through the centre when Sturridge is injured. 

Indeed but it seems the Balotelli rumours have some legs. He may well be the best that is available . Begs the question would you have him or stay with what we have already?

Funny how comments about Balotelli's attitude come from english villagers, the nation with the most disgusting and meaniest youth in the world.

Balottelii is much nicer than most of your overrated, disgusting english players and his attitude is nowhere near as bad as Terry's, Rooney's or Rio's.

The English aren't bothered with brilliance anywhere near as much as they are with claiming the moral high ground. Being seen to be doing something well is more important than actually doing something well.

• Upvote 2

The mental little bastard would cost a fortune in wages but if we get Balotelli for the same price as we sell Borini then it's a calculated risk worth taking IMO.

Leaving aside the fact he's bonkers the lad doesn't do enough on the pitch for me .No tracking back and working hard off the ball; all the things Suarez did so well . Fucking daft cunt just stands about looking like hes waiting for the nurse to come and lead him away a lot of the time  

I said from the start I don't like the lambert signing and that we would be fucked if we suffer injuries.

Now he is our player I am trying to see the good in him, right now it looks like hew trying to hard and putting a bit too much pressure on himself.

He needs a few sessions with dr peters so he can try to relax and play his natural game, the nerves where clear before his pen and I could tell he was going to miss.

Why always you?

The chance is always there, that at some point in his career Balotelli may just give it 100% and get his shiznit together. If Rodgers can get him doing that, then we have ourselves a bargain gentlemen  However, the reverse is also very true, as has mostly been the case up to now.

If we do sign Balotelli I still think we need to have a Shaqiri type player as well though. We need as many options for attack as we can get because Suarez's goals and link up play, his ridonkulous levels of energy, and his all round unpredictability are obviously all missing from our attack this season.  

The English aren't bothered with brilliance anywhere near as much as they are with claiming the moral high ground. Being seen to be doing something well is more important than actually doing something well.

If the English press cared about winners they'd have forced Hodgson out of a job the second he returned home, instead of all pulling excuses out their arse because he's 'one of the boys'. If this country acknowledged true winners more, instead of the valient loser we'd be in a better position across all sports.