You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Look up an interview he gave to the Mail titled "why I am Daddy Cool". His exact words being "I am not a running player"

Not what we need. Square peg for a round hole.

Yes he scores goals...so does Darren Bent and he's not what we need either!

The whole thing is here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2537375/Wilfried-Bony-interview-Why-I-Swanseas-Daddy-Cool.html

I live in the Netherlands and I am judging him from what I saw at Vitesse as much as I have seen at Swansea. The best talent I have seen come out of the Eredivisie since Suarez.

Bony is boss. He will score goals for us. 

I have seen that poorly put together list of socalled stats on under 21 players who score goals. If you were interested in stats which don't really appeal to me. I'm sure you could put together a list of players who didn't live up to the hype. The likes of the prolific Heskey,Alan Smith and Jeffers who all got a fair few goals at a young age.

Yes please, with the number of goals scored prior to them turning 21, sorted in descending order. x

• Upvote 2

I imagine he has a bit more mass than Suarez.

I prefer skilful and clever players rather than pace and power. I guess we were spoilt last season.

We now have loads of clever skilful players. The difference between us and the likes of City and Chelsea, is they have way more power than us. You see what a difference it was not having Henderson at the end of the season, and he's not exactly a powerhouse, just one of our more powerful players. It's why Can looks like he could be a big pick up.

We could absolutely do with more players with size and power, who obviously also have enough of the other qualities to fit into our style of player. That's what the other top teams have.

• Upvote 1

I have seen that poorly put together list of socalled stats on under 21 players who score goals. If you were interested in stats which don't really appeal to me. I'm sure you could put together a list of players who didn't live up to the hype. The likes of the prolific Heskey,Alan Smith and Jeffers who all got a fair few goals at a young age.

Why do you have an opinion on the quality of the stats if you're not interested in stats...?

In regards to saying that Bony doesn't fit out profile in terms of what he does, I remember the Alonso/Gerrard analogy I read a few years ago. Basically Alonso is a master safe cracker who will plug away trying to pick the locks for hours whilst Gerrard would just twat it with a sledgehammer till the doors fell off. Well Bony is the sledgehammer, not a fancy one like Gerrard but one that'll do the job sufficiently. Just because we got loads of safe crackers doesn't mean a sledgehammer won't come in handy.

• Upvote 2

I haven't seen our supposed interest in Bony reported anywhere in weeks. Am I missing something here?

It was implied in the press we passed on bony because we got Remy. Using the idea bony was our fall back option, it would put him back to the top of our list. That all assumes the press were right in the first place, which they usually aren't.

His exact quote

"I am quite an intelligent guy,' he says. 'I talk with my team-mates, my friends. They know I am strong and that if they put it in the right place I will get there. I am not a running player, running right and left."

Sounds like he's making the point that he's not a headless chicken running around needlessly and that he prefers to use his intelligence. Not that he's lazy or won't press.

Those quotes sound like an interview with Frank Lampard. I'm out.

In regards to saying that Bony doesn't fit out profile in terms of what he does, I remember the Alonso/Gerrard analogy I read a few years ago. Basically Alonso is a master safe cracker who will plug away trying to pick the locks for hours whilst Gerrard would just twat it with a sledgehammer till the doors fell off. Well Bony is the sledgehammer, not a fancy one like Gerrard but one that'll do the job sufficiently. Just because we got loads of safe crackers doesn't mean a sledgehammer won't come in handy.

Philosophical.

Thats a good analogy, except we dont have an Alonso level player upfront who will play all season without getting injured. we already have Lambert for the other option.

We now have loads of clever skilful players. The difference between us and the likes of City and Chelsea, is they have way more power than us. You see what a difference it was not having Henderson at the end of the season, and he's not exactly a powerhouse, just one of our more powerful players. It's why Can looks like he could be a big pick up.

We could absolutely do with more players with size and power, who obviously also have enough of the other qualities to fit into our style of player. That's what the other top teams have.

We will be relying upon Sterling, a 19 year old  and Markovic with 26 games.

The difference between us , City and Chelsea will be the proven matchwinners like Aguero and Silva/Fabregas and Hazard, not some brute upfront.

We sold our matchwinner unless you believe Lallana will be playing at that level.

• Upvote 2

City in signing Lampard are hit with a double whammy, not only does the average age of their squad go up but the average weight will shoot up....

This signing shows City will be taking the early rounds of the carling cup seriously and confuse the Stamford Bridge super frankie Lamps faithful. I'm in.

Are we still looking at Pastore? Or Moura? These are the "FSG type" of players - great potential, young, hungry and not playing as much as they'd like in their own clubs..

Because Pastore is 25 hardly a youngster and PSG paid €39.8 million. Moura also cost PSG €45m. The fees required would be high as would their wages.