You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Rodgers stated it clearly today that signing another striker depends on Borini's situation and that we might NOT sign another striker....

But you can continue believing the bullshit about Remy's failed medical.

Well he states here that his intention is to sign a striker, you tit.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/167514-rodgers-how-we-planned-transfers

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I haven't once seem anyone lauding lallana for cruyff turns nor have I ever seen motd do a segment wanking over a such a trick. 

disingenuous bollocks again. If you're going to incessantly complain at least come up with something remotely valid. Otherwise you'll just be another nightcat.

• Upvote 2

Rodgers stated it clearly today that signing another striker depends on Borini's situation and that we might NOT sign another striker....

But you can continue believing the bullshit about Remy's failed medical.

No, he didn't, in any possible way. But then you already knew that.

Fair enough, thought you were saying you were happy!

No, but not TOO disappointed as I think we're only one good purchase away, and we have a month left. I don't know who we can buy, I'm not a pro scout, but get someone who spotted Luis working overtime.

I'm also comfortable with our full backs, which would seem controversial around here. Kelly if fit is a good right back and I rate Flanagan too. Enrique is a capable enough player.

Losing Suarez was always going to make this a disappointing window from that point of view, but it's the fact we moved for Sanchez and then when he picked elsewhere appear to have just stopped looking at other players in a similar stellar bracket.

Add him or another like him to our existing business and it would be a healthy window in my opinion, but it would still have felt we'd downgraded our best player, and we would have.

Not doing so just feels deflating.

• Upvote 8

No, but not TOO disappointed as I think we're only one good purchase away, and we have a month left. I don't know who we can buy, I'm not a pro scout, but get someone who spotted Luis working overtime.I'm also comfortable with our full backs, which would seem controversial around here. Kelly if fit is a good right back and I rate Flanagan too. Enrique is a capable enough player.

I'm a long way from comfortable with our full backs, Enrique was an ordinary full back before his injury and after almost a season out at his age, I would be amazed if he came back at that level. I would be staggered if we went into the season with just him as a recognised left back. Flanno will have ups and downs, he's a kid learning his trade, and he needs to improve a number of aspects to his game. And as for glen Johnson, he's done. You mention martin Kelly, but I genuinely don't remember the last time he was able to put in a performance. It must have been under the early part of kennys time as manager, I don't even consider Kelly as a credible member of the squad.
  • Upvote 10

I have a feeling that Lovren is going to be really boss.

Agger unfortunately has to make way now on those wages.

Glen Johnson being tied to a sling and shot into the air at 30,000ft needs to happen asap though, then it's a decent window for me if we sign two full backs and a quality forward.

• Upvote 1

I'll cling on to the hope that our shortage upfront (let's face facts here, we are short upfront) will be resolved before the end of the transfer window.

If we go into this season having to rely on Sturridge, Lambert and Borini then questions seriously need asking.

For one, why allow the third best player in the world to leave, when it becomes more and more apparent with every day that passes that we did not have a list of quality replacements in mind?

Yes our squad is bigger, but there are two huge elephants in the room. That Glen Johnson continues to play despite being dog shit for too long now to justify getting a shirt. He will cost us a lot of goals this season. Our defence is only as strong as it's weakest link. And that link being one Glen Johnson.

Never mind eh? Surely our strikers can compensate for this? But then we only have 3 forwards...only one of them top class and with a worrying tendency to break down with injury, and with more games this season, a higher chance of injuries occurring.then the shit really will hit the fan given the undeniable fact that Borini can't be relied upon to hit the net with the regularity that we need.

I can well imagine the repeated scenario occurring whereby we play really good football up to the final third, but are let down by lack of cutting edge and a lot of games we should win ending up drawn.

Like I said, things could turn out fine, we could get another striker in, we could get the full back situation sorted and all the slowly increasing anxiety over the deficiencies still currently evident in our starting 11 will be for nothing.

I just hope that turns out to be the case.

• Upvote 1

The problem we have now, is the same problem clubs faced last season when trying to buy Suarez - it's getting to the stage in the window, when the opportunity to get a replacement in becomes increasingly limited. It's one thing getting in a lad to do a job at left back for example, but when the season is about to kick off, and we're trying to take a best player from a club that desperately needs him, then we're on the back foot.

This has been a shit window all round for me, but then again I always knew it would be, because it's what we do.

I don't get the love for Lallana, but he's here now so will get my support. I think Can and Markovic could turn out to be great signings in a couple of years, but that's no good if we're back fighting for top 6 instead of top 2, as someone will just come and take them away. Didn't Can initially ask for a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave for the price we bought him for?

I'm not calling everyone or everything shit, but it just feels like a massive anti-climax again. 

• Upvote 2

I'm a long way from comfortable with our full backs, Enrique was an ordinary full back before his injury and after almost a season out at his age, I would be amazed if he came back at that level. I would be staggered if we went into the season with just him as a recognised left back. Flanno will have ups and downs, he's a kid learning his trade, and he needs to improve a number of aspects to his game. And as for glen Johnson, he's done. You mention martin Kelly, but I genuinely don't remember the last time he was able to put in a performance. It must have been under the early part of kennys time as manager, I don't even consider Kelly as a credible member of the squad.

Precisely how I feel about the fullbacks, this.  Add to that Jack Robbo, who is a reserve player in my eyes, and we are seriously bereft as we don't have one class fullback.  I'm not talking about world class here, I'm talking about good enough for a top 4 team.  

• Upvote 2