You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Tbh I've been largely ignoring this transfer window cause it's quite clear Liverpool are fucking things up.  Selling our only world class player and spending a fortune on players that don't improve the first XI even with Suarez gone.  

There's something about Liverpool and title challenges that makes the manager go full retard in the following window.

Agreed. I also think there was kind of an inevitability about all this.

And he's seriously damned your ball-licking skills with faint praise there.

Foreplay to die for, in my experience.

only balls I've licked were Emre Can's, I officially announce myself a conductor of The Emre Can Bandwagon, feel free to jump in. If he turns shite - blame me.

who's nightcat? I thought it was me & Numero vs the world!

As if by fucking magic.  Shocked and stunned at this unforseeable turn of events.

Chris Bascombe @_ChrisBascombe 5m

Fabio Borini is coming off due to a shoulder injury. If it is serious, LFC may be losing a £14 million lottery ticket here.

James Pearce @JamesPearceEcho 9m

Borini indicates to the bench he needs to come off with a shoulder injury.

Dominic King @DominicKing_DM 10m

Not ideal when you are on the brink of being sold... @borinifabio29 is gesturing that he needs to come off after hurting his shoulder.

10 million pounds. 10. Million. Pounds.

Absolutely nuts. After the McCormack signing I've had to adjust my valuation on players. With the increase in TV money it seems player prices have jumped quite a bit this year.

Remy is bargain of the century compared to McCormack.

The strange thing with the way player inflation has gone is that it hasn't affected all players equally.  Remy vs. McCormack/Deeney is a great example.

The prices for players at the very top of the game has gone through the roof with prices over 30 million not even making you blink any more.  Then the prices for mediocre British players has also gone through the roof with all the new TV money and bottom-of-the-table teams flush with cash but unable to find good players on the continent who will come to them.

At the same time, prices for above average foreign players like Remy/Bony who aren't young haven't really increased much at all.  Especially if they're towards the end of their contracts some of them are available at relative bargain prices.  

I would like to see us using our "pull" as a club more often for these kinds of players, especially for bench roles, like we did with Remy.  Between his contract structure and his wage cut to play for us, it's clear he was willing to do a lot to make a move here happen - there are probably a lot of players out there who would give up some cash to make a move to a big club happen to give them a chance of fulfilling their dream and if we don't have a youth player ready for a particular squad role I wouldn't mind at all seeing us use that strategy to find players more often.

From the people who actually watched the matches Bertrand played in. Off Villatalk.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

Due to being a bit of a master procrastinator I decided to do a season review based on an unusual statistical source, VT “Ratings and Reactions” threads. This method has a fair few flaws (hello to all of you doing the ironic Tonev votes) but I figured that football fans generally have short memories so to get ratings from across the season based on information from people who had just watched the matches might be interesting. I dropped all the ratings into a spreadsheet and this is what it resulted in:

Best Players

1) Fabian Delph (27.03 votes per match)

2) Marc Albrighton (20.47)

3) Ron Vlaar (14.61)

4) Gabriel Agbonlahor (14.00)

5) Leandro Bacuna (11.00)

6) Brad Guzan (10.39)

7) Christian Benteke (8.62)

8) Ashley Westwood (6.56)

9) Jordan Bowery (5.33)

10) Grant Holt (4.70)

Worst Players

1) Yacouba Sylla (0.82)

2) Matthew Lowton (1.55)

3) Nathan Baker (1.72)

4) Antonio Luna (1.94)

5) Aleksandar Tonev (3.39)

6) Karim El Ahmadi (3.39)

7) Joe Bennett (3.40)

8) Ryan Bertrand (3.44)

9) Andreas Weimann (3.75)

10) Libor Kozak (4.07)

MotM Awards

1) Fabian Delph (12)

2) Gabriel Agbonlahor (6)

3) Marc Albrighton (5)

4) Ron Vlaar, Leandro Bacuna, Ashley Westwood (3)

5) Brad Guzan (2)

6) Jack Grealish, Christian Benteke, Grant Holt, Libor Kozak, Andreas Weimann (1)

It should be noted that I didn’t included players with less than 5 appearances in the Best/Worst lists as they didn’t work very well for the averages. If you want to have a look at the spreadsheet it’s available here, to sort the data select the column and go to “Data” -> “Sort Sheet…”. Please let me know if you spot any glaring errors.

As if by fucking magic.  Shocked and stunned at this unforseeable turn of events.

Chris Bascombe ‏@_ChrisBascombe 5m

Fabio Borini is coming off due to a shoulder injury. If it is serious, LFC may be losing a £14 million lottery ticket here.

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 9m

Borini indicates to the bench he needs to come off with a shoulder injury.

Dominic King ‏@DominicKing_DM 10m

Not ideal when you are on the brink of being sold... @borinifabio29 is gesturing that he needs to come off after hurting his shoulder.

Fucking atrocious management

Hahaha I knew we would sign Bertrand. Fuck me if that's the height of our ambition and how we are spending our money there's something seriously amiss.

Posted Image

How is that the height of our ambition when we have signed Markovic ands Lallana?

Jesus. The team is greater than the sum of all its parts and all that. People were moaning when signed Sturridge. Who knows how he would fit in and adapt to BR's coaching methods.

• Upvote 1