You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

While we are quite well stocked in the CM I'd absolutely love Vidal.  He is the most complete CM on the planet.  He's off to the mancs though I reckon.

Isco is a quality young player and could well go on to be better player than James Rodriguez I'd take him in a heartbeat but is he really the type of player we require.  Di Maria may be a better squad fit.  You can't say no though to any player of these qualities but a well balanced squad is essential if we are to match last seasons levels or even go beyond them.

Defence will probably be the key to this though.

• Upvote 1

defence doesn't seem to be a priority. all our business so far has beem for attacking players which would suggest more of the same.

hopefully we can continue to play the same breathtaking football without leaving ourselves as open at the back.

Everyone was saying a few years ago there was no interest in mata before he went to chelsea when all lfc fans were talking about him on twitter, towards the end after he had said a few things indicating he would be interested there was interest from us and we nearly had what they were calling a twansfer.

My point is its good for lfc fans to talk about top players coming as that leads to shit journos making stories and then questions get put to players, in some cases they are interested and deals can go from there.

• Downvote 2

Everyone was saying a few years ago there was no interest in mata before he went to chelsea when all lfc fans were talking about him on twitter, towards the end after he had said a few things indicating he would be interested there was interest from us and we nearly had what they were calling a twansfer.

My point is its good for lfc fans to talk about top players coming as that leads to shit journos making stories and then questions get put to players, in some cases they are interested and deals can go from there.

Twisted Logic.

Get cracking Jermaine.

Twisted Logic.

Get cracking Jermaine.

Shaqiri and vidal are possible examples, Im not sure we would be looking at shaqiri but there have been so many press reports and lfc fans tweeting him he was talking about lfc as one of the teams he could go to.

Similar case with vidal, because of the money we have press have linked him with us and when talking about transfers he supposedly said we were one of the clubs he would go to.

Real Madrid fans regularly influence their clubs signings, remember how they were calling for bale during games etc making the press talk.

this transfer window is hilarious, almost as bad as the Hodgson one, well maybe Can & Markovic soften the blow but we're doing Aston Villa/Newcastle/QPR transfers, no plan whatsoever, bet we were not prepared to sell Suarez before the "bitegate" and now it's one big circus, overpaying for mediocre dross and refusing to overpay for real quality - hardball negotiating & standing strong re our valuation my arse. Ahhh, I love some proper moaning me, can be a miserable bastard once again.

• Upvote 1

Bertrand is underrated. I wouldn't mind him.

Same here. Felt the same way about Sturridge when all and sundry were complaining. 

Bertrand was one of the few fullbacks to get the better of Sterling after Christmas last season.

Tbh I've been largely ignoring this transfer window cause it's quite clear Liverpool are fucking things up.  Selling our only world class player and spending a fortune on players that don't improve the first XI even with Suarez gone.  

There's something about Liverpool and title challenges that makes the manager go full retard in the following window.  

Something is seriously wrong if, with £75 million plus in the bank, Ryan Bertrand is the answer to our years of LB woes. With Rodgers coming out tonight saying we will not be held to ransom and we do not need a big name player, sounds like we are nearly done after Lovren. Cue the old net spend chestnut....

Johnson - Skrtel - Lovren - Bertrand

Gerrard - Henderson - Lallana

Remy - Sturridge - Sterling

welcome to the Champions League lads, "we come not to play"

if we sign this right back from atletico on loan johnson will be loaned out a la reina because we wont be able to sell him. qpr will take him and his big wage.