You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Wierd one Remy. I have a feeling he might be a cunt. But, in the right frame of mind, with the right service, he may be as good as Sturridge. And can play wide too. If he doesn't mess with things internally, on the pitch a very good, bargain signing.

This athelcio lad is a twin who was injured who plays right back, we've been there before I don't like it one bit. Weird fact which may not be true but I heard tony cascirino say a couple of years back that twins have weaker bones than normal people and are more injury prone. Degan is a twin, so is petr cech, can't think of many more at this hour.

Everyone going on about how Loic Remy is such a good deal for the price (even rival fans are saying this) reminds me of when everyone thought Joe Cole was a major coup for us.

I read an article about Remy the other day explaining why he'll be great for us and i had a flashback to reading a similar one with Shearer talking about Carroll, saying he'll go down as a Liverpool legend and he's his natural successor blah blah blah.

See i like it when rival fans shit all over signings and say they aren't good enough

"20 million on him? have they lost the plot?" - Henderson

"Liverpool signing another average English player" - Sturridge

"Liverpool signing an Inter reject lol"- Coutinho

That's what i want them to think, because they're always wrong, so if they say they'll be garbage they'll turn out great and vice versa. Which leads me onto Remy, all signs using this hypothesis point to Remy being a proper flop for us and the darkhorses, the ones that slip by unnoticed are actually the good deals. Hence why i think Lambert will surprise everyone and be a McAllister style figure for us this year, just a hunch.

• Upvote 2

Beware of buying on cup performance... a certain Diouf anyone!

Except James Rodriguez has been good for Porto and Monaco in the last two seasons, has already been transferred once for  €45 million and was excellent in the world cup.

Diouf we had agreed to buy before the world cup, didn't score a single goal in that world cup and had never scored more than 10 goals in a season whilst playing for a mid-table French team.

Everyone going on about how Loic Remy is such a good deal for the price (even rival fans are saying this) reminds me of when everyone thought Joe Cole was a major coup for us.

I read an article about Remy the other day explaining why he'll be great for us and i had a flashback to reading a similar one with Shearer talking about Carroll, saying he'll go down as a Liverpool legend and he's his natural successor blah blah blah.

See i like it when rival fans shit all over signings and say they aren't good enough

That's what i want them to think, because they're always wrong, so if they say they'll be garbage they'll turn out great and vice versa. Which leads me onto Remy, all signs using this hypothesis point to Remy being a proper flop for us and the darkhorses, the ones that slip by unnoticed are actually the good deals. Hence why i think Lambert will surprise everyone and be a McAllister style figure for us this year, just a hunch.

Exactly. Look at Lamberts goals record the last few seasons and all. He is after sturridge for me fuck remy

Getting a bit desperate:

Anything to make headlines desperate, I mean.

Seems to be two Man U stories every day. First is a statement of how rich they are and how they can spend as much money as they like. Second is another player deciding nit to join them. Definitely something not quite right over there

If it makes you feel better Spurs fans are saying "Lovren - £20m - Liverpool have been had off."

Of course, 2 weeks ago they genuinely thought he was going to agitate for a move to them...

Seems to be two Man U stories every day. First is a statement of how rich they are and how they can spend as much money as they like. Second is another player deciding nit to join them. Definitely something not quite right over there

What happened to the old "we can attract top players even without CL, we're Yernited"

Swings and roundabouts I reckon; last years they had CL football but a new manager that no one outside the PL knew of, this season they have the big name manager but no European games to offer along with league a that is now almost 4/5 horse race.

Joe Cole was finished when we got him and was being brought in with the idea of him being a key player, Remy is at his peak age and is being brought in as a squad player.

Hes as good a squad player as you can get and I have a feeling hes going to make a good impact as a lw similar to Bellamy when he moved out there from a striker position.

Reading this just had me thinking of Kewell for Remy and Riedle for Lambert. It was just a few seconds ago though so I haven't really thought it through properly.

From the Metro.co.uk

Javier Manquillo is set for a medical at Liverpool after Atletico Madrid accepted their offer to take the defender on a two-year loan deal.

Liverpool made their move for 20-year-old Manquillo on Monday and quickly convinced him to snub interest from Arsenal to move to Anfield.

And now Marca says a two-year loan deal with the option to make the transfer permanent for just £4.7million has been struck with Atletico.

The newspaper says the transfer will be announced in the coming hours but Manquillo is now making plans to travel to America, where Liverpool are for pre-season, to have a medical before joining up with the team.

It’s thought that the Reds are paying a small loan fee for the player who can play at right-back, left-back or as a winger.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Diouf was signed the day before he tore France a new one in the world cup opener. It's not accurate to say he was bought on the back of WC performances.

Plus, James Rodriguez has been known about for ages.

Cant understand why anyone should be worried about Remy; I think he is a great signing.

Whenever we look to sign anyone I attempt to picture how he will fit in (usually to the 1st XI). In this case, I see us playing with one striker most of the time (Studge) in a 4-2-3-1 formation. But Daniel is prone to an injury and will require a rest now and again. Bring on a very similar, quick player to replace him - Remy. Lambert cannot replace Sturridge and will be used to change games (style) probably as an additional striker when we need a goal.

Cant be robbed for the money and I cannot think of a closer fit to our first choice.

• Upvote 6