You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Bony would be a good borini replacement an upgrade for that position in place of that player. As someone to take the role of Suarez in the first 11 its a huge downgrade absolutely massive. Every player is going to be a downgrade but we have to get the best we can. If that's bony then we have big problems that a team that finished runners up playing great football alongside being one of the most famous teams on the planet can't attract players or people at the club can't sell it. This is our window of opportunity, we could be out the champions league by January and not get back into again the following year, this summer is the summer of no excuses,

I'm happy enough with the business done so far, but at the prices mentioned, the Lovren/Bony links are frightening.

Surely it's a necessity in every sense to bring in a proven, dynamic attacker the attempt to fill gaping hole we now have at number 7? Not sure who that might be, but it's probably safe to say he doesn't play for Swansea.

I think the point is we're not going to find any one player to fill the gap so by spreading the work out you're mitigating risk.

Bony would be a good borini replacement an upgrade for that position in place of that player.

Bony is nothing like Borini so I don't see how he'd be a replacement or upgrade.  One runs around a lot and is a forward the other is a lazy cunt who hits the ball as hard as he can every given opportunity.

I'd rather we go for Remy at less than half the price if we want a lazy lump up front.

• Upvote 1

We won't get anyone close to as good as Suarez so why are people suggesting we can? It's pointless.

Whoever we get will be a downgrade on him and moaning it about it every 5 seconds like a bunch of menstruating schoolgirls isn't going to make it be otherwise.

The best we can hope for is a proven goal scorer up front and the midfield chipping in with more goals to balance out losing Suarez. If it's Bony or Borini or Origi that's the striker then so be it.

We should have offered Barca 45 million for Sanchez, even when it was obvious he didn't want to play for us.  Force them to force him to pick us, even if we have to overpay by 10 million for him (or worst case, drive the price up for Arsenal even more).  

Now it's being clear that we won't get good, or even decent value on a top player, so it's down to a choice between getting decent (not great, but decent) value on a good player or paying well over the odds for a top player.

I choose the latter option, personally.  I know we'd have to overpay, but we should just go and find out what Higuain would cost.  35 million?  40 million, even?  Give it to them and take our medicine, at least he would come here and score goals.  Be a good partner for Sturridge with Sterling or Coutinho at the head of a diamond behind them.

• Upvote 2

Lads, Rodgers knows what he's doing.

If he wants Bony and Lovren, then get the fuckers in. This is his orchestra now, and he's conducting them as he sees fit.

If he gets it wrong, it won't be long before he's back busking.

• Upvote 1

How is he worth 20m? He had a lot of penaltys last season, is not great technically and is generally avaerage Imo.

Scored 4 penalties. Is actually pretty handy technically (he doesn't just stand in the middle and wait, he supports the play in the build up - 9 assists in all comps) and scored 25 goals in total, anyway you dress it up that's not average.

He's not a Benteke/Carroll style guy, he's not shooting from 35 yards and having a good spell. He's scoring goals through getting in the right positions and following up chances/chasing lost causes. I'm not all in on signing another striker, but I don't get why people are down on Bony.

As for the price, if it IS £19m, it's a fair return on Swansea's investment.

• Upvote 2

Baffled by people discussing Twitter bollocs as if it's gospel. Reminds me of when a kid in school gave me a piece of card covered in tissue paper (which I'd never seen before) and told me it was a disk with an arcade perfect version of Afterburner on and that all I needed to do was stick it in the back of my 65k computer. I was beyond excited all day but it didn't work.

• Upvote 1

We most effectively offset the loss of Suarez by strengthening the defence. Sure we need a new striker, but we can improve on last season by recruiting in other areas, even though we are losing the best player in the world.

I'm forcing myself to see it like that.

Its kinda working.

Is Rodgers arsed about new full backs?

Is Johnson going to be replaced?

Baffled by people discussing Twitter bollocs as if it's gospel.

I'm baffled by people being baffled.  It's the Summer Transfer thread people are discussing transfers in it.  Wild I know but that's just the way it is. 

The like of Lovren and Bony are more than twitter rumours as well.

• Upvote 1

Bony is nothing like Borini so I don't see how he'd be a replacement or upgrade.  One runs around a lot and is a forward the other is a lazy cunt who hits the ball as hard as he can every given opportunity.

I'd rather we go for Remy at less than half the price if we want a lazy lump up front.

Agreed, he's fucking shite. At least Lambert can pass and run a bit. Bony is your typical mid-table greedy striker.

Baffled by people discussing Twitter bollocs as if it's gospel. Reminds me of when a kid in school gave me a piece of card covered in tissue paper (which I'd never seen before) and told me it was a disk with an arcade perfect version of Afterburner on and that all I needed to do was stick it in the back of my 65k computer. I was beyond excited all day but it didn't work.

Can't help but think you're making this tenuous link in an attempt to ease the pain of your Afterburner free childhood here, Section.

I think people are discussing things potentially being true knowing it may potentially be bollocks.

Speculating, if you will!

• Upvote 2