You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Apparently we've enquired about Ben Davies from Swansea.

Good going forward, good left but not the best defensively. Overall, not the most exciting signing but not too bad either. Personally, I'm not that overly worried about the left-back position. Enrique is for me one of the best around, at least he was before his injury. If he stays fit, I reckon he'll be our starter irrespective of who we sign. A young back-up with some promise would do for me, and I guess Davies fits that bill. The most important thing is that we manage to shift Flanno permanently to the right so we can send Johnson to the bench or QPR.

That said, for the same money we can probably have Aurier. Same age, much stronger defensively, gets more goals and assists too. Only thing is he's right footed, but he has played on the left quite a few times before.

For those who want to get excited about a wild rumor....(nicked from another forum so not sure of the source)

Yaya Toure is reportedly open to a shock move to Liverpool after declaring he wants to leave Manchester City this summer.

The Ivory Coast international is ready to exit the Etihad, citing the fact that the club forgot his birthday towards the end of last season, while denying him time off to see his brother Ibrahim, who was suffering from cancer, as reasons behind his desire to leave the club.

A move to Brendan Rodgers’ side would come as a huge shock, but with his brother Kolo already at the club, as well as the Reds being set to receive a huge sum of money for the transfer of striker Luis Suarez to Barcelona, it is a move that could feasibly happen.

The French newspaper ‘Le Parisien’ has also claimed that one of the 31-year-old’s international team-mates said: “He will do everything to ensure his departure this summer.”

For those who want to get excited about a wild rumor....(nicked from another forum so not sure of the source)

Yaya Toure is reportedly open to a shock move to Liverpool after declaring he wants to leave Manchester City this summer.

The Ivory Coast international is ready to exit the Etihad, citing the fact that the club forgot his birthday towards the end of last season, while denying him time off to see his brother Ibrahim, who was suffering from cancer, as reasons behind his desire to leave the club.

A move to Brendan Rodgers’ side would come as a huge shock, but with his brother Kolo already at the club, as well as the Reds being set to receive a huge sum of money for the transfer of striker Luis Suarez to Barcelona, it is a move that could feasibly happen.

The French newspaper ‘Le Parisien’ has also claimed that one of the 31-year-old’s international team-mates said: “He will do everything to ensure his departure this summer.”

I don't think there is any way we are paying what Man City would want for Toure or the wages he would want.

Also I think Man City's owners don't give a shit about their players or money so would happily have him play for no-one rather than a rival.

Agreed, last summer I would have took higuain in a heartbeat but after seeing him at Napoli where he is the main man he didn't look impressive.

His pace is poor and even though he can pull off some great finishes he can also miss easy chances, I wouldn't be happy paying more then Napoli did and he wouldn't be on my list of strikers.

No Higuain, get the Colombian guy from Porto.

Scary some of the names mentioned. Did I imagine us finishing second with the most attacking exciting footy in europe last season?

With the World Cup it was always going to be slow on transfer street. I reckon all the press just sit round a paper bin fill it with Clubs and players names and pull them out like a raffle.

There's no way some of these links are even slightly credible. But even a broken clock is right twice a day, they might get something right by accident occasionally. Hopefully it's the Shaqiri one to us for 16m.

Yesterday one of the Spurscommunity ITK's said that their bid for Davies had been complicated by another club offering £2m more than their offer, but didn't name the club. The Liverpool connection broke well after that post.