You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Totally underwhelmed by our transfer activity, saurez going and by the looks of it no sanchez it's going to be a long season .No statement of intent, this season we were supposed to be in a position to attract quality first team starters the next level above, we end up with lalana.There is no way we are going to challenge for top spot

• Downvote 3

Totally underwhelmed by our transfer activity, saurez going and by the looks of it no sanchez it's going to be a long season .No statement of intent, this season we were supposed to be in a position to attract quality first team starters the next level above, we end up with lalana.There is no way we are going to challenge for top spot

Oh stop crying you miserable fuck!

• Upvote 1

Well I would but some of the names been said does not inspire,we should be kicking on from last year ,I'm not confident at all city chelsea nailed on ,man u spending arsenal look like getting sanchez .Not one player either signed or linked you think fucking nice one that cushions the blow of saurez going

I'd rather us not buy anyone that blow our Luis-load on 20mil for Lovren, are you fucking kidding me?! Is that what it all comes down to?

If we are going to get 60-80m for Luis no reason we shouldn't fuck with Everton and bid for Barkley, if we really feel he'll turn out to be a generational player. Let's face it, there is no replacement for Luis so we shouldn't chase one. 

Well I would but some of the names been said does not inspire,we should be kicking on from last year ,I'm not confident at all city chelsea nailed on ,man u spending arsenal look like getting sanchez .Not one player either signed or linked you think fucking nice one that cushions the blow of saurez going

So Arsenal are linked with Sanchez and that makes them a threat, we are linked with Sanchez and that means we haven't been linked with anybody? 

Mental logic!

We could do with an exceptional player like Sanchez to replace Suarez I agree, but we might still end up with Sanchez yet. Also, this isn't top trumps, it's not about the best players, it's about the best team & I am confident Rodgers will take us forward!

• Upvote 2

So Arsenal are linked with Sanchez and that makes them a threat, we are linked with Sanchez and that means we haven't been linked with anybody? 

Mental logic!

We could do with an exceptional player like Sanchez to replace Suarez I agree, but we might still end up with Sanchez yet. Also, this isn't top trumps, it's not about the best players, it's about the best team & I am confident Rodgers will take us forward!

I'm going to rep you for deciphering it.

Listened to the anfield wrap and Baldy Barrett from the Times was saying that Sanchez agent is just playing everyone off against each other including Barca and it will come down to money. The story about him wanting to live in London was shite. 

I don't get the negativity from some, Luis was always going to jump ship at the first chance,  i think the club have managed the situation well getting him signed to a new contract to ensure maximum return. I love the Little nutjob and would prefer it if he didn't go  but fuck it, it is what it is and we are spending the money not paying down debt. 

• Upvote 3

If true that's good news for us, as Arsenal have shown a comprehensive aversion to paying top players top wages.  The odd thing for me is that they're reportedly offering only 22 million, ready to increase it to 25 million and supposedly Barca are OK with that.  If that's the case why don't we just say "Here, take Suarez for his buyout fee minus 30 million"?  Sanchez is easily worth that.

The fact that it hasn't happened that way is what's making me think you're right, it's just his agent making noise in the press and trying to get the best deal for his client.  There's no way it's as simple as the scenario I've outlined above, though the likes of John Cross would like us to believe them that it is.

Twitter is abuzz that Bertrand is done for 6 million.

If that's true, we must be saving our money for someone amazing up front.  I can't even imagine the internet rage that will result from us selling Suarez for 70 million and buying Can (10 million), Bertrand (6 million), Lambert (4 million), Lallana (25 million), and Lovren (20 million) with the money, leaving us 5 million to add to our original summer budget to replace one of the best strikers in the world.

Twitter is abuzz that Bertrand is done for 6 million.

If that's true, we must be saving our money for someone amazing up front.  I can't even imagine the internet rage that will result from us selling Suarez for 70 million and buying Can (10 million), Bertrand (6 million), Lambert (4 million), Lallana (25 million), and Lovren (20 million) with the money, leaving us 5 million to add to our original summer budget to replace one of the best strikers in the world.

We've already replaced him. Lambert...