You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Porto are after Suso apparently, in advanced talks according to Twitter.

If they want to purchase him, we'd be wise to include a sell-on clause in the deal because as sure as night follows day, they will sell him in a couple of years for an absolute fortune.

• Upvote 1

If they want to purchase him, we'd be wise to include a sell-on clause in the deal because as sure as night follows day, they will sell him in a couple of years for an absolute fortune.

We'd be wiser to say "não, obrigado".

I'm not too arsed about Suso. I think he's a very decent player, but I think Texeiera looks a better prospect in the same position.

Aint no way Suso can play out wide in our 433 formation, he hasn't got the pace to be an attacker and he hasn't got the work rate to be one of the midfielders.

It's also worth reminding people that Coutinho is only a year older than Suso, and the same age as Texeiera, so there's no room at the inn, soz. It's like Keith Gillespie and Lee Sharpe coming along at United at the same time as Giggs came through...

You just can't rationalize a place in our team for Suso, he's not on the same level as Coutinho. People say that Suso was excellent on loan in Spain at age 19/20, but Coutinho was sensational on loan in Spain at age 18/19, with 5 goals in 16 games. He's just head and shoulders a better player, so Suso's getting no way near that number 10 shirt.

If we can set something up with Porto, perhaps for Quintero, or Iturbe, or Mangala, or Defour then we should go ahead with the sale.

*checks Iturbe name on Porto wiki site*

*double checks*

Um, seems like Verona signed Iturbe permanently for 15 million euros??? And now they're open to selling him...

This seems like the dodgiest bit of business I've seen in a while, and that's going some.

http://www.football365.com/transfer-centre/9339789/Transfer-news-Verona-will-sell-Juan-Manuel-Iturbe-if-they-receive-fair-offer

I'm not too arsed about Suso. I think he's a very decent player, but I think Texeiera looks a better prospect in the same position.

Aint no way Suso can play out wide in our 433 formation, he hasn't got the pace to be an attacker and he hasn't got the work rate to be one of the midfielders.

It's also worth reminding people that Coutinho is only a year older than Suso, and the same age as Texeiera, so there's no room at the inn, soz. It's like Keith Gillespie and Lee Sharpe coming along at United at the same time as Giggs came through...

You just can't rationalize a place in our team for Suso, he's not on the same level as Coutinho. People say that Suso was excellent on loan in Spain at age 19/20, but Coutinho was sensational on loan in Spain at age 18/19, with 5 goals in 16 games. He's just head and shoulders a better player, so Suso's getting no way near that number 10 shirt.

If we can set something up with Porto, perhaps for Quintero, or Iturbe, or Mangala, or Defour then we should go ahead with the sale.

*checks Iturbe name on Porto wiki site*

*double checks*

Um, seems like Verona signed Iturbe permanently for 15 million euros??? And now they're open to selling him...

This seems like the dodgiest bit of business I've seen in a while, and that's going some.

http://www.football365.com/transfer-centre/9339789/Transfer-news-Verona-will-sell-Juan-Manuel-Iturbe-if-they-receive-fair-offer

Iturbe is meant to be going to real madrid. Verona will make a tidy profit on him. 

Dodgy?  Makes perfect sense.  Take option to buy after a successful loan period then sell straight on for huge profit.

• Upvote 1

The thing is there's absolutely no confidence at all that the people at the club selling Suso (if this is true) will add any buy-back or sell-on clauses, or even sell for a decent price. Would prefer the buy-back, and also think it's kind of sad that with all the football we'll be playing next season Suso might not even be used in any of it.

If Coutinho has any injuries Suso could've been perfect to replace him, but if Teixeira is capable of that instead, fair enough. It's likely we'll see neither of them play for us though at this rate.

does the window open june or july?

I keep remembering seeing this when I read about the window being open or not :

There are two transfer windows in each Barclays Premier League season.

The first commences at midnight on the last day of the season and ends on 31 August if a working day - or, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board.

The second transfer window commences at midnight on the 31 December and ends on the 31 January if a working day, and again, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board.

Temporary transfers can be made permanent outside of the transfer windows.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/when-does-transfer-window-open-close.html

What's going on there? Is it open or not?

I don't understand why Brendan wants to get rid of Suso, if the reports are to be believed. He's almost the perfect Rodgers player, he's technically excellent and can play a variety of roles. He could cover for both Henderson and Coutinho in the system we play. It's a shitty thing to do to get rid of him in my opinion, and it's blatantly going to bite us in the arse later on down the line, loan by all means, but no sale.

I don't understand why Brendan wants to get rid of Suso, if the reports are to be believed. He's almost the perfect Rodgers player, he's technically excellent and can play a variety of roles. He could cover for both Henderson and Coutinho in the system we play. It's a shitty thing to do to get rid of him in my opinion, and it's blatantly going to bite us in the arse later on down the line, loan by all means, but no sale.

You think he could cover for Henderson?  I don't like the idea of him playing in the midfield.  The only place I can see for him is 10, but then we have Coutinho and Sterling who are both better than him.  It's one of those where you know the player is talented and will probably do well elsewhere but there's no obvious place for him to develop here.  A buy-back option might be a good idea as others have said.

I must be mentally ill then because I'd quite happily flog him. He just seems a bit ineffective to me. Nice and tidy and stuff but never actually contributes much.

Only two players had more assists than him in our team last season i.e. Suarez and Gerrard.

• Upvote 1