You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

No wonder Colback's gone, he was on 6k a week. To put that in perspective Altidore is on 42k a week and plays nowhere near the amount of games, taking the piss that is.

Apparently West Ham offered him 50k a week! God knows what Downing/Cole is/was on. 

One month now their so called committee is trying to strike a £10m deal with Leverkusen for a 21yr old Turk.... and they can't, they just can't. Is it because they are incompetent? I think it's both incompetence and lack of funds.

I think he may well turn out to be a delight and full of Eastern promise.

Have we signed lallana?

No. We've bid for him which has allowed me to make a hypothetical point about why the club/money men can justify why signing Lallana is viable and players like Cesc isn't. Fuck perspective though, let's sign the best, expensive players and win trophies. This football thing is easy.

No. We've bid for him which has allowed me to make a hypothetical point about why the club/money men can justify why signing Lallana is viable and players like Cesc isn't. Fuck perspective though, let's sign the best, expensive players and win trophies. This football thing is easy.

Why do you assume he will pick us over spurs was my point?

Why do you assume he will pick us over spurs was my point?

Champions league football, better recent track record, common sense? Some of the more reliable journos reckon he's stated us as his preference. The only thing Spurs has over us is location and his old manager who won't be there more than 18 months anyway.

• Upvote 1

Champions league football, better recent track record, common sense? Some of the more reliable journos reckon he's stated us as his preference. The only thing Spurs has over us is location and his old manager who won't be there more than 18 months anyway.

Plenty of reliable journalists have told us countless players wanted to join us over the last 12 months, a lot if them have ended up playing their football elsewhere. CL football will never match money for 95% of players, it was true last year when we weren't in it, it'll be true this season now we are

• Upvote 2

No wonder Colback's gone, he was on 6k a week. To put that in perspective Altidore is on 42k a week and plays nowhere near the amount of games, taking the piss that is.

I'll take his £6k a week job!

So...when is our yearned for Champions League cachet going to bear fruit in the transfer market? Years of being blown out by a player because a competing suitor trumped us with the CL card. When do we get to trump? That's what I want to know.

How dare you trump in front of my wife!

I'm sorry, I didn't know it was her turn...