You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Im more concerned with who will be going than coming if I'm honest. 

I was talking to someone yesterday and what he told me scared me a bit.

Once again this summer will be our most important summer for years, lets hope we make sure we have a better squad in September than in May, a repeat of the 09 summer could be disastrous.

Oh you've heard about Johnson's new seven year contract then?

Yes, but they're much better footballers. I'd like to think we'll also be factoring that in.

Of course, but we also have many areas we need to strengthen also we are trying to comply with FFP.  So getting Lallana, who would fit in perfectly to how we play and can play a number of roles, for half the price of a Reus or Costa - does make sense.

Of course, but we also have many areas we need to strengthen also we are trying to comply with FFP.  So getting Lallana, who would fit in perfectly to how we play and can play a number of roles, for half the price of a Reus or Costa - does make sense.

Fuck FFP.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

No what I heard came as a shock to me, but I will need to find out more before I say anything about it.

It just makes no sense.

Worracock.

• Upvote 4

If Ayre goes into discussions & we don't sign the player because we value the player less than the selling club, this place goes into meltdown. We pay the asking price, we moan. We can't fucking win. If Rodgers wants him & wants him that much, he's prepared to pay a little over the odds, that's good enough for me. If he was South American people would just want us to get the deal done regardless.

• Upvote 2

No what I heard came as a shock to me, but I will need to find out more before I say anything about it.

It just makes no sense.

This reminds me of one of the single mum facebook stauses "oh my god some people never fail to amaze me im appalled and shocked"

Queue about 20 people asking whats up until she finally replies to one of them "i'll inbox you babes"

Fuck off

• Upvote 9

If Ayre goes into discussions & we don't sign the player because we value the player less than the selling club, this place goes into meltdown. We pay the asking price, we moan. We can't fucking win. If Rodgers wants him & wants him that much, he's prepared to pay a little over the odds, that's good enough for me. If he was South American people would just want us to get the deal done regardless.

When we're walking away from deals at around the 8-12m euro level, and it's over a million, then we rightfully get pissed off, but when we're potentially overpaying by £5-10m for a 26 year old, with a less than stellar career history, then only a cunt would refuse to see the difference.

He got a South American sounding name, best of both worlds. Sign him up.

I was talking to someone yesterday, I showed him my penis, he was amazed but very scared too. I told him that there was nothing to worry about. I thought of sharing this interesting information with you here at the transfer thread.

So are WE SIGNING TRALALALLANA finally? Is Ayre trying to find the best way to screw yet another transfer?

• Upvote 2

This is mainly because we all watch a lot more of the Premiership than other leagues so we have a better understanding of how good the player is.

It is nothing to do with nationality. If we were on the brink of signing Ross Barkley for £20/25 million most people would be delighted. Lallana hasn't done anything to justify this sort of fee though and at 26 years old he isn't one for the future either.

For what its worth I rate Lallana and think he would be a useful addition to the squad, but we are in danger of making the same old mistakes we made two years ago and overpaying by a considerable amount. All this will do is put a lot of pressure on the player, and also the manager to keep picking him.    

I was talking to someone yesterday, I showed him my penis, he was amazed but very scared too. I told him that there was nothing to worry about. I thought of sharing this interesting information with you here at the transfer thread.

So are WE SIGNING TRALALALLANA finally? Is Ayre trying to find the best way to screw yet another transfer?

It was Code wasn't it.

This reminds me of one of the single mum facebook stauses "oh my god some people never fail to amaze me im appalled and shocked" Queue about 20 people asking whats up until she finally replies to one of them "i'll inbox you babes"Fuck off

Heer if u need mee bbs xxx

• Upvote 1

This reminds me of one of the single mum facebook stauses "oh my god some people never fail to amaze me im appalled and shocked" Queue about 20 people asking whats up until she finally replies to one of them "i'll inbox you babes" Fuck off

Why do sum ppl feel the need 2 start sumthing nd get involved when its nuthin 2 do wiv dem? Makes me so angry.

U ok hun?xxx

Dnt let them get u down bbs. xxx

Wat happened huni?

Dont wanna say on here hun. x

FUCKING DIE!

• Upvote 2