You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Agreed.

The signing of Lallana and the return of Borini and Suso should give us more options.

If we intend to keep Borini and Suso here for our first team next season I can't see us signing many more attacking players after Lallana.

Don't see where Suso fits in the team if Lallana signs.

Not really made up about Lallana but in any case he's a decent enough PL player. What about the CL? We'll be at best 3rd seed in our group and will face some heavy competition to get through. We'll need players capable of adapting to the style of the competition, I think.

Can't get my head round the idea that Lallana being a similar kind of player to Coutinho is supposed to be a criticism, as if having more than one Coutinho would be a bad thing! Just mind-blowing.

Oh no not another tactically astute flexible two footed goal threat from midfield? 

• Upvote 4

I would guess that we can arrange a one year loan deal for Suso as part of the Lallana negotiations. I've said it before that provided their are no drastic changes at Southampton, it is probably the ideal environment for Suso to try and get first team games in the Premier League and for us to gauge his progress. Southampton are one of the few so-called lesser teams in this league that try to play football and offer a threat to the opposition instead of merely sitting back and containing and trying to hit on the counter. Suso has had that sort of thing during his current spell at Almeria in Spain so playing for a side with an approach much closer to our own would be better for his development.

Can't get my head round the idea that Lallana being a similar kind of player to Coutinho is supposed to be a criticism, as if having more than one Coutinho would be a bad thing! Just mind-blowing.

I imagine it could be difficult to get your head around an idea that doesn't exist.

Hasn't everyone been lamenting the lack of options in the squad this season?

All of a sudden we have more than 1 player in some positions and we've got problems. It's exactly the kind of problem we need. And Suso still has a lot to prove anyway.

Hasn't everyone been lamenting the lack of options in the squad this season?

All of a sudden we have more than 1 player in some positions and we've got problems. It's exactly the kind of problem we need. And Suso still has a lot to prove anyway.

I don't think Suso makes the team full stop, loaning/selling will be the best option is all our transfers play out.

We definitely need more squad depth.

Our squad is paper thin to compete in the cups and the League, let alone competing in the Champions League as well. Lallana will replace the sack of shit who is going back to chelsea and Suso can definitely find opportunities. There will be suspensions, injuries, fatigue. We need more players to cope with the new season's demands 

• Upvote 1

I must be one of the few on here who was totally underwhelmed with Suso. He was a bit lightweight & more one-footed than Riise. Sell him while his stock is relatively high in Spain & see if we can do a BOGOF for Aspas.

His stock is high because he's an excellent young footballer. Why would we want to sell him?

• Upvote 1

3 goals and 9 assists from his 33 La Liga games, at the age of 20, for one of the shittest teams in the league.

He's been class this season, and kicked on as most people expected he would with regular football. No chance I'd sell him. It's either loan him out for one more season, or get him back in the squad.

• Upvote 1

I don't really think there is any one player we need to have. This is unlike windows in the last 3 or 5 or fifteen years where the club needed a certain guy. Our team is pretty good - the individuals are all very good. We can probably figure out how to be tighter at the back without buying someone. Get a fearless African or the English flavor and let Rodgers take care of the rest. 

Fullback is the shittest area by far, in my humble opinion.

Flanagan is progressing well, but I still think I'd rather he was a squad option at the moment.

Cissokho was better second half of the season, but not good enough to sign. Kelly is perma crocked. Enrique hopefully will come back alright after the injury. Johnson has to go. Age/Wages/Shitness. Robinson, mixed reviews out on loan. Is that McLaughlin lad ready? Or Brad Smith? Probably need loan deals for them.

So we'll need one, probably two signings there. One needs to be first choice, and fucking ace.

• Upvote 2

Fullback is the shittest area by far, in my humble opinion.

Flanagan is progressing well, but I still think I'd rather he was a squad option at the moment.

Cissokho was better second half of the season, but not good enough to sign. Kelly is perma crocked. Enrique hopefully will come back alright after the injury. Johnson has to go. Age/Wages/Shitness. Robinson, mixed reviews out on loan. Is that McLaughlin lad ready? Or Brad Smith? Probably need loan deals for them.

So we'll need one, probably two signings there. One needs to be first choice, and fucking ace.

Agreed that is the position.