You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

My mate is one of the backroom staff.

Don't fuck with me. Don't fuck with me, Hulk, not like that.

63eaffd2c3ba838409a487b83424b167-good-wi

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The prick couldn't get me a ticket today though!

You didn't have to go see about a girl, did you?

We didn't go after Willian or Diego Costa until August.

It's the 11th of May

I'm think Rodgers said he wants to get his business done earlier this summer.  

Alberto Moreno. We've made a bid for him, the left back at sevilla. 

Any good?

Two new starting fullbacks

A new starting midfielder

A new backup striker

A new starting (depending on the formation) winger

Another attacking midfielder

Possibly a better back up goalkeeper

Possibly another starting centreback

Bin Moses, Cissokho, Aspas, Johnson, Toure

Bring back Wisdom, Suso

And we might get somewhere

A new backup striker

Bring back Wisdom, Suso

Agree with this but if Lloris wants out at Tottenham as reported and they can't/don't fleece us I hope we're in for him

A new backup striker

Bring back Wisdom, Suso

Sounds like a plan, what about llori?

• Downvote 1

Heard that one before, hopefully this summer it is different

Exactly we heard this last summer and we were actually finishing the deal for aspas when he was playing his last game in la liga.

We did hear about mkh quite early to be fair but this season we had something to play for until the end, as has been said we didn't go for the others until late in the market.

A lot say last summer was a bad window and down to the Committee but if that is the case then they were the ones in for Willian, costa etc so maybe they should still have some input.

According the Alan Smith of Sky fame we have conceded lots of goals, so need definitely a need centre half and maybe a full back. These people really don't watch football.

bollocks. we simply didnt score enough goals.

Was talking to a Saints fan yesterday and he said Lallana is a boss player, but that he often doesn't finish games and is taken off after 60-70 minutes. I checked today and he came off after 70 minutes. My immediate thought would be concern about this when he's at a club like Southampton. Does he have a history of injury? Btw I really like him so I'm not being critical.

My dream summer;

Shaw - lb, coleman - rb, a top notch no nonsense centre half, another winger that ideally can play both sides to give us options, another striker - remy or benzema would be my shouts and a top centre midfielder.

Obviously, massively expensive but if we can sell on a few players, a lot of it could be achievable. Lucas and Johnno would raise a few quid I'd hope among others. The defence would be my main concern. For me, both Sakho and Mig are similar. They will either become real liverpool legends or we will be selling them to Marseille in a year or two for a few million.

Just watching the Sothampton v United game now. So far Lallana has been excellent and will be great for us if we get him.

Secondly, I'll be sick whoever Luke Shaw ends up at. He's outstanding and would be worth every penny of £30m. Best leftback in the league this season