You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Suarez passes the ball more than enough, Sturridge doesn't pass the fucking ball - which makes Luis annoyed and then he doesn't pass the ball.  It's nothing new, we knew Danny was a greedy twat when we signed him.  It just pisses me off.

Is this a pisstake? If anyhing I would say in sturridges time here Suarez has been the more greedy of the two although I don't think any of them has been particularly greedy.

Is this a pisstake? If anyhing I would say in sturridges time here Suarez has been the more greedy of the two although I don't think any of them has been particularly greedy.

I have no idea what team you've been watching then, because that's horse shit.

• Upvote 1

I have no idea what team you've been watching then, because that's horse shit.

That's exactly what Im thinking about you mate.

I can remember times when I have felt sturridge should have gone himself instead of looking for Suarez, obviously there will be the odd time he has shot when he should have passed but I honestly think that has happened very rarely this season and the only time I can really remember is against Everton when he was going for a hat trick and trying to make up for his penalty miss.

I think most lfc fans would say he has shown the greedy tag about him is wrong and Suarez has also improved in that regard also this season.

That's exactly what Im thinking about you mate.

I can remember times when I have felt sturridge should have gone himself instead of looking for Suarez, obviously there will be the odd time he has shot when he should have passed but I honestly think that has happened very rarely this season and the only time I can really remember is against Everton when he was going for a hat trick and trying to make up for his penalty miss.

I think most lfc fans would say he has shown the greedy tag about him is wrong and Suarez has also improved in that regard also this season.

I haven't missed a match this season, maybe I don't benefit from the TV replays.  I can think of 3 examples from the Man City game were he was greedy, in fact he could have easily got us a 3rd goal against City but due to him not passing the fucking ball, it was 2-2 about 30 seconds later.

I haven't missed a match this season, maybe I don't benefit from the TV replays. I can think of 3 examples from the Man City game were he was greedy, in fact he could have easily got us a 3rd goal against City but due to him not passing the fucking ball, it was 2-2 about 30 seconds later.

Your right there mate just as I posted that I remembered the city game where he was greedy on a couple of occasions, one where he tried to run on his own when the pass was on to Suarez.

Over the season I don't think it has been the case overall though and you could probably put that game down to trying to do one over his former club although it doesn't excuse it.

Your right there mate just as I posted that I remembered the city game where he was greedy on a couple of occasions, one where he tried to run on his own when the pass was on to Suarez.

Over the season I don't think it has been the case overall though and you could probably put that game down to trying to do one over his former club although it doesn't excuse it.

He's done it a lot, and he definitely does it more than Luis.  It obviously doesn't matter when he does it and it works (Stoke, Suarez free for an open goal but goes alone and scores) but he's been greedy at times this year - which in turn has made Suarez turn petulant. 

Sturridge is at his best, when both himself and Suarez are singing from the same hymn book - when one or both are being greedy twats, both of their games are effected

Chelski got the Egyptian, the Brazilian and and the Belgian that we were also interested in. I like the Belgian best, and am so happy he has fallen out with Moaninho. Hazard for Anfield would make me very happy, but Chelski seem to be more interested in preventing us getting players..

Swap "Lallana", "Southampton" and "England" for "Adam", "Blackpool" and "Scotland" and you could have posted the same thing 3 years ago about 13 goals, 8 assists, PFA Player of the Year nominee, Blackpool captain, "Premier League proven", "hit the ground running", "I wish we had his set piece delivery", latest in an infinitely long line of average players who have great seasons, Charlie "the new Jan Molby" Adam.

I think the difference between Adam and Llanna is Llanna dedicates himself to the game, plus he's a far better player.

Swap "Lallana", "Southampton" and "England" for "Adam", "Blackpool" and "Scotland" and you could have posted the same thing 3 years ago about 13 goals, 8 assists, PFA Player of the Year nominee, Blackpool captain, "Premier League proven", "hit the ground running", "I wish we had his set piece delivery", latest in an infinitely long line of average players who have great seasons, Charlie "the new Jan Molby" Adam.

I think the difference between Adam and Llanna is Llanna dedicates himself to the game, plus he's a far better player.

Chelski got the Egyptian, the Brazilian and and the Belgian that we were also interested in. I like the Belgian best, and am so happy he has fallen out with Moaninho. Hazard for Anfield would make me very happy, but Chelski seem to be more interested in preventing us getting players..

When there are finite players available, it's hardly surprising that teams are in for the same players. Shitcoat took the piss out of spurs for nicking their player, not us. The Beligian was never a realistic target when he left Lille, and the Egyptian was wrapped up till we fucked about for another month haggling.

SO no, I disagree that those cunts are more interested in stopping us from getting players. They didn't let Ba go to Arsenal as they were supposed to be direct rivals, but he had no hassle sending us Moses. They had no concern with us whatsoever, until recently.

A good post in full. It took 3 years for Henderson to get to grips with the expectation of playing for a massive club. Lallana will be, what, 29 when he does? And cost 20 million? Huge red flags all over this.

I think comparing him with Adam is well wide of the mark. He's clearly a much better player than Adam ever was. Adam's stats were boosted by pens, free kicks and corner deliveries, Lallana is different and is the standout player in a good side playing open attacking football.

He played 30 league games last season as well and was highly thought of then but he's stepped it up a level this season.

There is no question for me over whether he'd be a good addition to the squad; he would. But I can see him going for more money than we're willing to pay.