You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/473061/Manchester-United-given-boost-as-Marco-Reus-remains-coy-over-new-contract

Fuck United! 

Alleged £28 million buy out clause, and could operate anywhere across the front three.

Id love Reus to come to us i think he is going to be a Messi/Ronaldo level player in the next 5 years a super star in the making

Guest LFD

Yes Llanna has 10 goals in 40, he also has 9 assists. None of our midfield comes close to those figures considering he dos'nt take penalties.

Sterling has 9 goals doesn't he?  He's not started 40 games either.  Lallana is like Sterling in the sense he'll play in the front three or in midfield.

I like Lallana, just think there is better value at £25 million, depends on price with him really.  As if we are paying £25 million, I'd rather get Reus for a little bit more.

Reus would be dream come true, Muniain would be great (but Athletico doesn't like to sell, as they can only play Basque players) but don't think they will move just yet. Eriksen is a good shout imo, I'd even take Lamela for a discount price..

Sterling has 9 goals doesn't he?  He's not started 40 games either.  Lallana is like Sterling in the sense he'll play in the front three or in midfield.

I like Lallana, just think there is better value at £25 million, depends on price with him really.  As if we are paying £25 million, I'd rather get Reus for a little bit more.

I agree 25 mil would be expensive but i imagine a lot of that fee would be staggered, down payment, appearances, goals, England caps etc.

It does sound like a Rodgers signing, we spent about 34 mil on fringe players last year and only Sahko contributed anything to the team, the rest are fringe players who may or may not come good.

I think Rodgers will demand players who can hit the ground running with the right mental toughness, as Llanna is Southampton captain, has got could stats, and played well for England and when Southampton beat Liverpool at anfield he ticks all the boxes.

All managers say you can't have enough leaders on the pitch and Llanna looks to be a leader, learning his trade being kicked about in the championship should not be held against him. He also seems a decent fella. I think Rodgers will sign him this summer and i think he'll do we'll at Liverpool.

I think it's great that we are actually being linked with some of the most exciting talents around Europe and nobody can say they're unrealistic targets for us. Makes a change from the usual summer transfer windows we've had to endure for the past 5 seasons.

Hasn't played as much for Ajax this season has he?

Seen a few people saying this but he's played 34 games so far according to Wiki, played 33 last season. 

Hasn't scored as many so maybe he's been coming off the bench a bit more?

I don't think we need to spend loads on attacking players. Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling is as good as anyone else in Europe, but the backup to them is horrific.

I'd be more than happy with Konoplyanka and Remy which should cost about £25 mil and then spend the rest on a midfielder and 1 or 2 fullbacks. I think we'd be priced out of a move for Lallana anyhow.

I can see us playing a fair bit next year with just one striker. Sturridge picks up a lot of knocks and with the relatively small amount of games we've played he's had time to rest between games.

When we've got three games in a week I reckon we'll look to add a body who can work in the front three and drop to midfield, which I guess would suit Lallana.

It's the age old problem, quality strikers won't come to sit on the bench, and those who will come as back up are usually a bit shit.

I'm more concerned about our fullback options though. There's no guarantee the Enrique who returns will be of the same calibre, and if Flanagan's form takes the kind of dive Sterling's did when he was overplayed we're fucked. 

I agree 25 mil would be expensive but i imagine a lot of that fee would be staggered, down payment, appearances, goals, England caps etc.

It does sound like a Rodgers signing, we spent about 34 mil on fringe players last year and only Sahko contributed anything to the team, the rest are fringe players who may or may not come good.

I think Rodgers will demand players who can hit the ground running with the right mental toughness, as Llanna is Southampton captain, has got could stats, and played well for England and when Southampton beat Liverpool at anfield he ticks all the boxes.

All managers say you can't have enough leaders on the pitch and Llanna looks to be a leader, learning his trade being kicked about in the championship should not be held against him. He also seems a decent fella. I think Rodgers will sign him this summer and i think he'll do we'll at Liverpool.

Swap "Lallana", "Southampton" and "England" for "Adam", "Blackpool" and "Scotland" and you could have posted the same thing 3 years ago about 13 goals, 8 assists, PFA Player of the Year nominee, Blackpool captain, "Premier League proven", "hit the ground running", "I wish we had his set piece delivery", latest in an infinitely long line of average players who have great seasons, Charlie "the new Jan Molby" Adam.

• Upvote 3

Are you suggesting that Suarez and Sturridge don't pass the ball enough? As if the rest of the team doesn't pass the ball enough already.

When you play upfront, you don't score 30 and 20 goals in the premier league by passing the ball like crazy.

Are you suggesting that Suarez and Sturridge don't pass the ball enough? As if the rest of the team doesn't pass the ball enough already.

When you play upfront, you don't score 30 and 20 goals in the premier league by passing the ball like crazy.

Suarez passes the ball more than enough, Sturridge doesn't pass the fucking ball - which makes Luis annoyed and then he doesn't pass the ball.  It's nothing new, we knew Danny was a greedy twat when we signed him.  It just pisses me off.

Ben Arfa?

Fcuking no way. 

Walking poppadum.

This was discussed on here last year and most where saying he is too injury prone which has not been proved wrong this season.

Remy would be an excellent player for the squad especially if he still has that 8m release clause, when Hodgson first took over I remember remy either saying he was a fan or it would be a dream to play for us, we should get him.