You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/473061/Manchester-United-given-boost-as-Marco-Reus-remains-coy-over-new-contract

Fuck United! 

Alleged £28 million buy out clause, and could operate anywhere across the front three.

I have my doubts as to whether Reus is actually available, but if he is and United end up with him for £3 million more than we pay for Lallana then there will be rioting in the streets.  I know wages have to come into it but that would still be ridiculous.

Is it just me, or does Lallana feel like Rodgers and not the scouting committee to anyone else?  Hard to tell how much of it to take seriously but there were rumours that they've butted heads over players before.  To me this one just feels more like him than the committee that has gone out and found players like Coutinho and Aspas (and recommended the likes of Konoplyanka) overseas, players who may or may not pan out but seem to offer good value and a reasonable chance to succeed relative to their price.

I have my doubts as to whether Reus is actually available, but if he is and United end up with him for £3 million more than we pay for Lallana then there will be rioting in the streets.  I know wages have to come into it but that would still be ridiculous.

Is it just me, or does Lallana feel like Rodgers and not the scouting committee to anyone else?  Hard to tell how much of it to take seriously but there were rumours that they've butted heads over players before.  To me this one just feels more like him than the committee that has gone out and found players like Coutinho and Aspas (and recommended the likes of Konoplyanka) overseas, players who may or may not pan out but seem to offer good value and a reasonable chance to succeed relative to their price.

It certainly looks like there is some truth in the link as a lot of sources are linkng us with him, you would also think if we are after him we would be trying to wrap the signing up before the world cup.

Rodgers has a lot more power and backing then this time last season so I am expecting him to have a much bigger say in our signings and rightly so after he has shown what he can do.

Just thinking out loud here, but Pochettino is rumored to be off to Spurs (or at least they are very interested). Perhaps he would take Lallana with him? 

Yeah, because they don't have enough flair players as it is.

I like Eden Hazard a lot suddenly...

Yup.

A front 5 of.....

Sterling........Hazard........Lallana

......Sturridge.........Suarez

wouldn't be too bad at all.

Obviously Reus in there someone wouldn't hurt either.

One signing, £35m, £200k a week. Get Koke in at all costs.

Cracking player, watched Atletico 20-25 times this season and he's been brilliant everytime. He's played a lot on the left but getting him next to Henderson would be the dream midfield.

The fact he plays for his boyhood team who I hope win the double shouldn't be an issue...

One signing, £35m, £200k a week. Get Koke in at all costs.

Cracking player, watched Atletico 20-25 times this season and he's been brilliant everytime. He's played a lot on the left but getting him next to Henderson would be the dream midfield.

The fact he plays for his boyhood team who I hope win the double shouldn't be an issue...

I agree. He is boss

Also Munain at Bilbao is class. 

Koke, Munain or Reus. Lallana 4th out of them. 

• Upvote 1

Hmmm? Aspas etc.

Coutinho and Aspas should not be mentioned in the same sentence. 

And they ain’t no fucking ball-park either.

Now maybe your concept of football differs but being fucking shit and helping the ball end up in the holyest of holys. aint the same league, they aint even the same fucking sport. 

Aspas aint shit. 

2013-02-26-06-18-56-pm-med.jpg

• Upvote 2

Coutinho and Aspas should not be mentioned in the same sentence. 

I'm not sure how you misread that, but I was not trying to compare the two in any way other than to say that Aspas and Coutinho seem to be pretty clearly down to the transfer committee and not Rodgers.  I included Aspas in there as a way of saying 'sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.'  Obviously, he would be the prime case where it didn't work, but there are others (Assaidi, for example).

My point was that Lallana doesn't feel like the same kind of player at all, I would have expected the transfer committee to be recommending the likes of Firmino, Kovacic, Fischer, or Koke, not Adam Lallana, the 26-year old who scored 10 goals in 40 games in this, the best season of his life.  If we're after Lallana and we didn't put down the phone chuckling after Southampton mentioned 25 million, then that's down to Rodgers IMO.

I'm not sure how you misread that, but I was not trying to compare the two in any way other than to say that Aspas and Coutinho seem to be pretty clearly down to the transfer committee and not Rodgers.  I included Aspas in there as a way of saying 'sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.'  Obviously, he would be the prime case where it didn't work, but there are others (Assaidi, for example).

My point was that Lallana doesn't feel like the same kind of player at all, I would have expected the transfer committee to be recommending the likes of Firmino, Kovacic, Fischer, or Koke, not Adam Lallana, the 26-year old who scored 10 goals in 40 games in this, the best season of his life.  If we're after Lallana and we didn't put down the phone chuckling after Southampton mentioned 25 million, then that's down to Rodgers IMO.

Yes Llanna has 10 goals in 40, he also has 9 assists. None of our midfield comes close to those figures considering he dos'nt take penalties.