You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He was signed after an abnormally good season for a massively inflated fee despite his career as a whole suggesting he was completely average.

Yes, I know. But that is totally different to Lallana, who has been good for two seasons in the premier league, previously in the Championship, and has an abundance of natural talent. The comparison is bogus and, in my opinion, makes anybody who makes it look a bit daft.

I screamed from the rooftops about not signing Downing. Lallana is English. That's where the comparison ends

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Hey, hey! I brought him up and that wasn't the reason!

It was made earlier in a shittier way. Wasn't really referring to the other stuff.

Yes, I know. But that is totally different to Lallana, who has been good for two seasons in the premier league, previously in the Championship, and has an abundance of natural talent. The comparison is bogus and, in my opinion, makes anybody who makes it look a bit daft.

I screamed from the rooftops about not signing Downing. Lallana is English. That's where the comparison ends

Southampton must have been the most scouted club in English football during the time Lallana has been there, why has no one ever noticed his abundance of natural talent? How much could he have possibly cost when he was playing in League 1 at the age of 23? £3-4m? Surely worth taking a punt if any of the scouts watching his team extensively (and there were many) had any hint of his talent?

I actually like Lallana but signing players with average careers for huge fees after a run of good form is such a terrible and horrifically cost inefficient practice, I'd hate to see us repeat the same mistakes of the Dalglish/Comolli era.

• Upvote 6

Southampton must have been the most scouted club in English football during the time Lallana has been there, why has no one ever noticed his abundance of natural talent? How much could he have possibly cost when he was playing in League 1 at the age of 23? £3-4m? Surely worth taking a punt if any of the scouts watching his team extensively (and there were many) had any hint of his talent?

I actually like Lallana but signing players with average careers for huge fees after a run of good form is such a terrible and horrifically cost inefficient practice, I'd hate to see us repeat the same mistakes of the Dalglish/Comolli era.

Whole lotta' truth up in here.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This is nothing like those signings. Had they been good players, there wouldn't have been an issue. The offer is rumoured to be 15m.

As for people noticing his talent, you just need to look at what mood AMD I said before he came up. Clubs preferring to spend 50m on Torres instead of playing Sturridge doesn't make Sturridge shit, nor does people choosing to pay mega money for the likes of Fellaini mean Lallana shouldn't have been givemna chance earlier on. like it or not, proving yourself at the top level puts your price through the roof. Whether we should pay it is up to the manager. 15m is fair. 20m to get it done wouldn't be terrible. At least he's good, which is the major fall down with the likes of Carroll and Downing.

Ive not seen enough of Lallana but  with people talking about buying players after one good season in the league  im just going to leave this name here................................................................................................................................................

...............................................  Charlie Adam.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

To paraphrase Thomas Hobbes.

Along with his partner, Billy Nobbes, the finest biscuit maker these isles have ever produced.

Also, sign Davide Le Viathan.

In general, humans are fucking incorrigible dicks.

If thats to me, id just like to make clear i was taking the piss. Like i said ive not watched enough of Lallana this year so il leave it to others to argue. Just in a funny mood and its my birthday so ive had a few.