You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Allen is better in tight areas and under pressure on the ball then Henderson Imo, he can get up and down the pitch as well as Henderson and if we had rakitic he would be the main one out of the three that would be responsible for scoring and creating chances.

He can't.

Henderson has done it all season, for 90 mins, week in, week out.  

Allen has shown he can do it, for 60 mins.  I haven't seen him do it for 90 mins yet or week in, week out.

I'd have Isco over Lallana, but the chances of Real Madrid selling him to us for a reasonable price is unlikely, and there's no reason to believe he'd want to leave Real. Lallana on the other hand, probably would leave Southampton for Liverpool. 

Lallana would be very good, for the right price.

He can play in the front three or in midfield.  He has the work rate, he makes and scores goals.

I personally think work rate and energy are almost the most important attributes needed for this Liverpool side.  Especially in the midfield or wide roles.  Which is why I'd rather Lallana to Isco.  Isco has more quality on the ball, but without the ball Lallana would be a better fit and is more versatile.  Versatility also seems to be very important as we are so fluid when we attack and players popping up all over the place.

I'm with you on Walcott, he'd be great in this team.  I also agree with those saying Ramsey.

The great thing about Wenger is he is willing to sell his players to rival clubs.  He has many times.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lallana would be very good, for the right price.

He can play in the front three or in midfield.  He has the work rate, he makes and scores goals.

I personally think work rate and energy are almost the most important attributes needed for this Liverpool side.  Especially in the midfield or wide roles.  Which is why I'd rather Lallana to Isco.  Isco has more quality on the ball, but without the ball Lallana would be a better fit and is more versatile.  Versatility also seems to be very important as we are so fluid when we attack and players popping up all over the place.

I'm with you on Walcott, he'd be great in this team.  I also agree with those saying Ramsey.

The great thing about Wenger is he is willing to sell his players to rival clubs.  He has many times.

Good points, though I do think Isco can bring the work rate. He'd cost a fuck load and it's totally unrealistic, so not even going to waste time thinking about it.

The state of our bench today was shocking. Time to bite the bullet and blow the money gained by reaching the chsmps league and add Llanna and Shaw to the team/squad.

That would be blowing the money. Our bench was pathetic, Rodgers is a brilliant coach but he and the committee had a total mare in both summer windows he's been here and we're feeling it now.

• Upvote 1

Iker Munain got two yesterday. He would be boss here. Suso also got the winner for almeria.

Mancs keep getting linked with Kronos and strootman. Id love kroos.

Kronos is exactly the type of presence we need in midfield.

That would be blowing the money. Our bench was pathetic, Rodgers is a brilliant coach but he and the committee had a total mare in both summer windows he's been here and we're feeling it now.

I know Shaw is overpriced, the mancs have reportedly bid 24mil. However attacking full backs are becoming more important in today's game as that's where the space is to attack. I imagine the 24mil would be in part payments and spread out over time and appearance etc. Look at Ashley Cole when Arsenal sold him to Chelsea, he became instrumental in them winning a hatful of trophies and Arsenals decline.

Llanna would've been great to bring on yesterday, we didnt spend fuck all christmas and signing the two would send out a massive statement to other players that Liverpool is now the place to come.

I know Shaw is overpriced, the mancs have reportedly bid 24mil. However attacking full backs are becoming more important in today's game as that's where the space is to attack. I imagine the 24mil would be in part payments and spread out over time and appearance etc. Look at Ashley Cole when Arsenal sold him to Chelsea, he became instrumental in them winning a hatful of trophies and Arsenals decline.

Llanna would've been great to bring on yesterday, we didnt spend fuck all christmas and signing the two would send out a massive statement to other players that Liverpool is now the place to come.

He would have started so our bench would still have been poor yesterday.  As you mentioned we fucked up in January also during the Summer though with a prick like Ayre running the negotiations it wasn't unexpected.

It's eating away at me that our failure to strengthen in January has at the death cost us the title. We massively ran out of ideas yesterday and had nothing whatsoever on the bench to change the game.

Come what may, we are in the Champions League next season with a core of the most exciting talent in Europe and the transfer "team" have to sort their shit out and give the manager the tools he needs to take us to the next level.

We have massively over-achieved this season with a tiny squad after doing the reverse for 3-4 years. Now is the time to invest the extra cash in top players and we should be a great option for any good player in the market, including the likes of Shaw.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's eating away at me that our failure to strengthen in January has at the death cost us the title. 

Would you have said that before the match yesterday? I mean, considering our record since that window closed was earth shatteringly good, we were on an 11 game winning streak, and we powered to the top of the league. 

• Upvote 2

Would you have said that before the match yesterday? I mean, considering our record since that window closed was earth shatteringly good, we were on an 11 game winning streak, and we powered to the top of the league. 

Our first eleven is clearly very good. Our squad, beyond that, is pitiful. Let's be honest: Konoplyanka or Salah would have helped over the last couple of games, at the very least...