You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Henderson and Allen are simply different type of players. I believe Allen's the better footballer, but Hendo'sstamina is just phenomenal. He never seems to tire. I bet you could ask him to run rounds aroud Anfield until he was told to stop. Then forget about it only to find Hendo still running a week later.

I'd like Rodriguez, Lallana and Konoplyanka. Anything else would be a bonus. I'm not sure that we would need much else really. If Lucas and/or Johnson leave then we would need replacements for them, but that's about it. We will be bringing back Borini and Suso, so that will strengthen both the midfield and the front three. There is also the chance of Robinson, Coady, Wisdom and Ilori being reintegrated into the squad.

Of course, if we can get hold of an established top class player I'm not going to complain. I just like our current approach of bringing in lesser known players and giving them a platform to become top class.

I believe a lot of this current team has improvement in them which is the reason we will piss the league next season regardless of what happens this season.

That said the belief gained winning it this time will be immense. I'm struggling to sleep as my nerves are shredded, 7 more points. Sorry for sounding a gibbering cunt.

Would rather take a cheap punt on Ben Arfa than sign Lallana. One is underrated, the other is overrated.

Ben Arfa has had trouble with his weight this year and has been left out of the team a lot because his teammates don't trust him according to Pardew.

I have seen Ben Arfa have lively games and score the odd belter whereas Lallana has been running games this year and playing majestically. Whether or not he can keep that up is another matter - but based on what I've seen I think he will maintain this level.

Barkley - if we are serious about replacing Gerrard in the coming years this lad is the best fit 
Walcot - i don't believe he would have as many injuries here as he gets at Arsenal 
Richards - If Johnson isn't to be kept as looks likely then a straight swap could be the best for both clubs  
Isco - a great addition to the squad addition and would allow for Lucus or Allan to move on  
Tello - brings in competition out wide and would allow Sterling and Tello to develop together 

and a decent couple of Left backs one young one established would allow for a few players to leave that will be surplus next season and would be solid additions to the first team 

another striker would be needed who can score goals in the prem all should be within our budget along with player sales 

Don't want players like Walcott, other teams' castoffs should be yesterday's thinking, we should be choosing who we want, that doesn't necessarily mean the biggest and most expensive names, but certainly we shouldn't need to be foraging.

Sturridge? Coutinho?

Dunno, rumours suggest we wanted to talk - but he wanted the bright lights of London.

As for the back up bit... isn't that what we are talking about tho? We want to beef up the squad with quality.

He'd have certainly got his wish of seeing bright lights if he was there the other summer when the locals set Tottenham High street on fire.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Don't want players like Walcott, other teams' castoffs should be yesterday's thinking, we should be choosing who we want, that doesn't necessarily mean the biggest and most expensive names, but certainly we shouldn't need to be foraging.

Walcott definely isn't a cast off.

In my opinion and I'd guess most would agree something between 15-20M pounds for Lallana is a fair (in footie, not in real life) price, but he'd cost 20M+ so for that kind of money we can spend it better elsewhere. Isco went for 25M and is, for me, a better footballer. Even for/in our system..

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd have Isco over Lallana, but the chances of Real Madrid selling him to us for a reasonable price is unlikely, and there's no reason to believe he'd want to leave Real. Lallana on the other hand, probably would leave Southampton for Liverpool. 

Looks like Balotelli is being touted around at a reasonable price.

What does everybody think, could Brendan finally calm him down ?

Sadly no,the lad has everything but the mentality to be a star.

Why did he choose to go back to a country that he had already suffered horrendous racist abuse in.

I'd be wary of a signing like Lallana. This is a lad who was playing in the Championship at 24 and, on the brink of his 26th birthday, has only had 1, maybe 2 at a push, seasons in his career that would suggest he's good enough to play for Liverpool. You'd be signing a player in the form of his life, which means his price would be at an all-time high and he would have to maintain this career-best form just to justify the fee.

I'd rather look for another Coutinho or a Sturridge, who were considered special talents from an early age but whose careers had stagnated a bit, making them available for a cut-price fee. If they realise the potential they had shown throughout most of their career then you've got yourself a top player and an incredible bargain and if they don't then you've got exactly what you paid for, a fairly ordinary player for a fairly ordinary fee.

I think genuine late bloomers are very few and very far between and the overwhelming majority of players who appear that way soon revert back to mediocrity (which is why I never wanted us to sign Charlie Adam, for example). If we're going to part with £20m+ for a player I'd be looking at their career as a whole rather than just recent form, otherwise you end up spunking a huge wad on players like Downing and Carroll, who were worth a pittance a year before we signed them.

• Upvote 3