You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

I can see us bringing in two full backs, a centre back, and a winger.

Maybe even a goalkeeper too, which would be a big call.

There's no way we'll pass another window without getting some more players in midfield. Coutinho is inconsistent, allen and lucas are injured. We'll need a back up striker too. We might retain borini or sell him and aspas and get someone more than decent

We've are supposed to have made offers to Valdes and Sagna, so that raises questions about the futures of Mignolet and Johnson. I would be very surprised if we got rid of Mignolet after one season, but I have little doubt that we would be willing to trade Johnson in if the right player/s became available.

We are also supposed to have scouted Gaitan and Markovic recently.

I have a feeling we might move for Caulker again if Cardiff go down. I would love to see us try to get Shaw and Lallana as well but it doesn't seem likely.

For me the interesting question is who will be sold.  I suspect that a player or two that maybe the majority wouldn't want to see go will be out the door.  Agger?  Suso?  Who knows?

Anyway, we need a fullback, a centre back and a midfielder at a minimum.  Another forward and, if Agger goes, another centre back as well wouldn't go amiss.

As for which players to target, I have no idea.  That Firmino kid from Hoffenheim seems like he might be worth a punt, and we've been tentatively linked in a few places.

really don't understand the Valdes links, he has improved a lot over the last couple of years  (given he used to be fucking wank) but we're fine with Mig who's already better and he'll continue to improve, Valdes will probably go somewhere on massive wages anyway

really don't understand the Valdes links, he has improved a lot over the last couple of years  (given he used to be fucking wank) but we're fine with Mig who's already better and he'll continue to improve, Valdes will probably go somewhere on massive wages anyway

I think we already have the better Spanish keeper 

For me the interesting question is who will be sold.  I suspect that a player or two that maybe the majority wouldn't want to see go will be out the door.  Agger?  Suso?  Who knows?

Anyway, we need a fullback, a centre back and a midfielder at a minimum.  Another forward and, if Agger goes, another centre back as well wouldn't go amiss.

As for which players to target, I have no idea.  That Firmino kid from Hoffenheim seems like he might be worth a punt, and we've been tentatively linked in a few places.

Im unsure about Suso, he is a talent but is he gonna get the game time if we challenge/get CL. who does he replace? another loan is def the right option for both parties but only to a team who will be up there in their league next season, playing with decent players

few things

wel'll go after Lars Bender after CL qualification + M'Vila

we'll go afer Konoplyanka once again, 8-10mil deal, B. Hunter is all over him

we're looking for long-term RCB partner for Sakho, huge belief in Ilori, Caulker, Howedes, Manolas, Papa - all possibilities

we're looking for new  long-term FBs, Ricardo Rodriguez target for LB, same Dodo/Roma

we've been watching Vela, Firmino and Douglas Costa.

few things

wel'll go after Lars Bender after CL qualification + M'Vila

we'll go afer Konoplyanka once again, 8-10mil deal, B. Hunter is all over him

we're looking for long-term RCB partner for Sakho, huge belief in Ilori, Caulker, Howedes, Manolas, Papa - all possibilities

we're looking for new  long-term FBs, Ricardo Rodriguez target for LB, same Dodo/Roma

we've been watching Vela, Firmino and Douglas Costa.

I hope so. 

Linked with Richards last week. I like him as a player, but just seems to want to be built like an athlete instead of a footballer, its probably one of the reasons why he has had so many injuries.

I think Richards is an interesting one. Good mates with Sturridge. Have a feeling Rodgers can turn him into the player he promised to be. Its what he does.

Worth a gamble at 6 or 7 million.