You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alan Pardew

I've repeatedly said that more British managers should have a go at managing abroad - especially in Europe. It doesn't need to be one of the top leagues either. Leagues in the next rung such as in Holland or Portugal could be a good step. Or a rung below that such as in Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey or Greece. The reason they don't bother is because they will not earn the sort of money they do in England and they won't be part of the merry-go-round that guarantees a job over here, but they might be forced to deal with something none of them (bar Rodgers) have had to deal with here - being at a club expected to challenge for and win things, play on the front foot, dominate proceedings, play in European competition, that sort of thing.

McClaren for all his flaws has at least given it a go abroad, and he's at least had experience of tangible success. Of course he has also flopped badly but he has something on his record that none of his peers do.

If you are an English club hoping to break into the top 4 and are looking for a new manager, the default as of now is to look abroad. More than likely to get somebody who has experience of winning things and a good track record. If however your club was faced with a choice of British managers, one who has managed several clubs in the Premier League and won nothing but kept those sides around mid-table or avoided relegation, and the other who has managed clubs in lesser European leagues like in Holland and Belgium but challenged for titles and trophies (perhaps winning at least one), which is the better choice?

Why would a decent Eredivisie side be interested in an expensive, inexperienced, technically deficient British manager? There are loads of cheaper Dutch alternatives that understand that the normal way of learning is starting with the youth team first and if you are any good you get promoted. They are usually brought up in the club's culture and understand exactly what is required. Ajax have the likes of Dennis Bergkamp as assistant manager, Edwin van der Sar in marketing, Frank de Boer as manager, Ronald de Boer as youth trainer and Marc Overmars as technical director. I don't see how Cock Piss Pardew would fit in.

I can understand why fans are happy to take the piss out of palace but I don't understand why everyone is revelling in pardews misery, he has always been very respectful when talking about LFC even when we have been shite.

The only reason I can come up with is that little argument he had with Klopp on the sideline, all managers do those kind of things at times and I don't hate Pardew because of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

I can understand why fans are happy to take the piss out of palace but I don't understand why everyone is revelling in pardews misery, he has always been very respectful when talking about LFC even when we have been shite.

The only reason I can come up with is that little argument he had with Klopp on the sideline, all managers do those kind of things at times and I don't hate Pardew because of it.[/quote

Not like you to take an opposing view on a topic. Oh wait.....

The only reason I can come up with is that little argument he had with Klopp on the sideline, all managers do those kind of things at times and I don't hate Pardew because of it.

Oh fuckk offffff

• Upvote 5

The only reason I can come up with is that little argument he had with Klopp on the sideline, all managers do those kind of things at times and I don't hate Pardew because of it.[/quote

Not like you to take an opposing view on a topic. Oh wait.....

I knew that would be said but I have always respected him because he always talks highly of LFC, during times when we have been shite and were getting criticism he would always say things like we are still one of the biggest clubs in the world.

If people don't like him because they think he's arrogant fair enough, I'm not his biggest fan but it meant nothing to me that he was the manager of the team we beat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Haha.

JP must have missed the bits where Pardew accused Benteke of cheating, questioned why Benteke was allowed to hand the man-of-the-match award to Lovren (which was fucking bizarre), and basically told Carragher he had no right to an opinion on the penalty.

He's a fucking melt. And after his behaviour yesterday only a melt would try to defend him on here.

• Upvote 2

JP must have missed the bits where Pardew accused Benteke of cheating, questioned why Benteke was allowed to hand the man-of-the-match award to Lovren (which was fucking bizarre), and basically told Carragher he had no right to an opinion on the penalty.

He's a fucking melt. And after his behaviour yesterday only a melt would try to defend him on here.

All true but in the grand scheme of things he's a pimple on the arse of football.  Palace will get relegated in due course and he will be back on the merry-go-round along with Pulis, Sham, Schteve, Colin Wanker, et al swapping jobs in the wrong half of the table.

Pardew wouldn't get a sniff of a job at a big club. He can bang his fists on the table like a petulant toddler but we know what he is and that's a man destined never to dine at the top table.  Smiles smugly 

Or, alternatively, he missed none of those things but he's a wum and a bellend and he's desperate to come up with something controversial for a reaction.

We should get Dave to put him on one of those global ignore things where he can post but doesn't realise nobody can see his posts but himself. Odds are he's so self involved he wouldn't even notice.

• Upvote 2

That's a good point about his reaction to the penalty, I can understand why fans reacted like that after his interview.I just saw it as a manager under pressure pissed after a cruel loss for his side, Benteke did go down easily like he said but it was a pen.

That's a good point about his reaction to the penalty, I can understand why fans reacted like that after his interview.I just saw it as a manager under pressure pissed after a cruel loss for his side, Benteke did go down easily like he said but it was a pen.

How so?

You're running full pelt, you've got one foot on the ground and somebody clatters into it.  How are you supposed to stay upright?

The way some whoppers are going on, you'd think Benteke hurled himself to the deck and rolled around screaming.

The defender's knee caught the foot that was keeping him upright; gravity did the rest.