You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alan Pardew

Can one be insincere if one is delusional?

As he is a repeat offender, I cannot understand why he's received anything less than a stadium ban for the rest of the season.

I guess the FA felt that having to be associated with Newcastle is already a form of punishment.

I may be in a minority on this, but I find the sort of stuff Pardew does hilarious, and the huge outcry about it beyond ridiculous.

The Suarez bite was hilarious as a spectacle, not horrifying.  Slimer's headbutt was ace.  It's pretty much the only thing I like about him, his anger management problems, and banning him from the stadium instantly adds another reason for me not to watch The Barcodes on MOTD. 

One of my favourite all-time football moments is the timeless Voller and Rijkaard incident of Italia '90, manna from heaven for a teenage lad that was, genuinely uplifting stuff.

Clough belting that fan who ran on the pitch round the ear, and even Cantona booting that fucking turd at Crystal Palace were all enjoyed in my house (though I was adamant he should be banned at the time, such was my hate towards United, I can look back at it now and respect him for it). 

Zidane butting Materazzi, another one that attracted widespread hitching up of skirts, but I was just gutted he restrained himself enough to aim it at his chest, would have been among my favourite ever World Cup moments if he'd cleaned the horrible little twat's clock.  Bores me to tears the faux-moralising and hand-wringing over this sort of thing.  Wish Pardew had left the guy on the floor to be honest, would make a change from seeing them rolling around because someone's run a finger down their cheek. 

They're all pumped full of adrenaline and recover almost immediately to be fair, I'm sure we've all taken a smack while playing sport and laughed it off.  Especially as kids.  It's like the bad language thing, tone it down in case young 'uns are listening.  Unless childhood is a very different affair from when I went through it, those kids would be able to add a few choice expletives to your existing vocabulary, so I'd not worry too much about it.

• Upvote 6

I have no idea what managers are allowed on the touchline for anyway. For years they weren't allowed out of the dugout & I can't see it harmed the game.Now half of the TV focus is on these blerts acting like prima-donnas & getting in the way of throw-ins and paying customers while everyone on the pitch ignores them studiously.

Another thing that annoys me is the recent trend for managers ( and their mates/lackeys/assistants ) grabbing on to players arms & insisting they spend 5 minutes looking at a fucking clipboard while they wait to go on as a sub. I presume the clipboard has messages like ' We wish we hadn't taken you on loan & are giving you 2 minutes to take the piss '.

I do agree to an extent with LBWC that the hypocrisy around kick-offs is a bit much. Everyone likes to see a bit of argy-bargy & the bleating of the likes of MOTD - This is that disgusting we are making a nothing, mid-table game the first game shown- is nauseating.

I love the idea of Pardew owing Ashley money and just needing to work for him until it's paid off.

Following in the rich Geordie tradition of Dennis Patterson's relationship with Ally Fraser that is.

"You and your lads finish building my villa in Marbella and you're free of your debt, Dennis. Once you've also assembled an entire team of unpronounceable French football players."

I may be in a minority on this, but I find the sort of stuff Pardew does hilarious, and the huge outcry about it beyond ridiculous.

The Suarez bite was hilarious as a spectacle, not horrifying.  Slimer's headbutt was ace.  It's pretty much the only thing I like about him, his anger management problems, and banning him from the stadium instantly adds another reason for me not to watch The Barcodes on MOTD. 

One of my favourite all-time football moments is the timeless Voller and Rijkaard incident of Italia '90, manna from heaven for a teenage lad that was, genuinely uplifting stuff.

Clough belting that fan who ran on the pitch round the ear, and even Cantona booting that fucking turd at Crystal Palace were all enjoyed in my house (though I was adamant he should be banned at the time, such was my hate towards United, I can look back at it now and respect him for it). 

Zidane butting Materazzi, another one that attracted widespread hitching up of skirts, but I was just gutted he restrained himself enough to aim it at his chest, would have been among my favourite ever World Cup moments if he'd cleaned the horrible little twat's clock.  Bores me to tears the faux-moralising and hand-wringing over this sort of thing.  Wish Pardew had left the guy on the floor to be honest, would make a change from seeing them rolling around because someone's run a finger down their cheek. 

They're all pumped full of adrenaline and recover almost immediately to be fair, I'm sure we've all taken a smack while playing sport and laughed it off.  Especially as kids.  It's like the bad language thing, tone it down in case young 'uns are listening.  Unless childhood is a very different affair from when I went through it, those kids would be able to add a few choice expletives to your existing vocabulary, so I'd not worry too much about it.

Would agree this and to be fair I think many on here thought what Pardew did was laughable rather than criminal. The over reaction to this sort of thing is just symptomatic of society as a whole. Rife with double standards where pantomime villains are put on trial on a daily basis.A thin veneer of political correctness and inclusiveness of all minorities where any sort of violence ,prejudice , sexual discrimination is condemned. The disconnect between this and real world seems to grow ever wider.     

• Upvote 1