You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bob Crow has passed away

Gnasher

So you're dissing the skill level of a train driver?  for what?  to highlight the shocking salary of a paramedic, or just for shits and giggles?  44K is not a big salary in London, and it certainly isn't for the amount of responsibility that these people have.

What responsibility? I don't see how they can get lost.

He had a nice piece on R4 today, quite balanced. Only thing that surprised me was he believed in the death penalty - not sure why they mentioned it.

To reinforce the big,bad,Bob stereotype I reckon. 

Can't have all this man of morals and integrity bollocks as it upsets the media's portrayal of him as dictatorial Union Leader.

Are you saying that assessments of someone's life should be whitewashed to remove anything that could be perceived as negative?

Don't worry about whitewashing, when Clegg goes it will just be a blank white page on a blank white screen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anyone who has a problem with the salaries of tube drivers or underground staff look at the profits TFL made.

Were any of them ploughed into reducing ticket prices?

Of course not. It's completely acceptable to make massive profits year after year without reducing fares.

But get a good wage for your union members and you're a cunt.

Anyone who has a problem with the salaries of tube drivers or underground staff look at the profits TFL made.

Were any of them ploughed into reducing ticket prices?

Of course not. It's completely acceptable to make massive profits year after year without reducing fares.

But get a good wage for your union members and you're a cunt.

TfL is a public body that is subsidised by government and has never run at a profit.

TfL is a public body that is subsidised by government and has never run at a profit.

'Profits' was a very crude way of describing financial performance.

I'm sure you're able to view the same accounts I have.

EDIT: and if I remember correctly third party private companies invest in special projects, with a return. Is that correct?

I never said the man was a cunt, I liked the guy and he was very good at his job, I just don't think people should be abusing the power they hold by striking, they already earn more than the London average but keep getting increases while most of us stay still simply because they are in a position to bully the capital into it. I live within 6 miles of the city yet it would cost me nearly 2 grand a year to commute by tube thanks in no small part to their absurdly high salaries, as a result I cycle.

BisCUg4CUAIx_Gq.jpg

No, he didn't actually say this, that is someone (badly) paraphrasing his words in 1997 before the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.

The actual text of what he said is here:

http://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/hh/1997/february/testimony.htm

No mention of strikes. No mention of "masters".

That's network rail, what's that got to do with the underground?

Still needs to be operated by a train driver. I dont think a monkey would have been much assistance when the tube got bombed. If you want to get on a train driven by a monkey, good luck. I'm quite happy to keep them driven by qualified train drivers, and the driver receiving a good wage is the last of my worries.

• Upvote 1

I think it's strange that a small group of people have a stranglehold over the capital and as a result get massively overpaid. Like bankers really.

I thought we'd established that its not just the capital the energy companies have a stranglehold over?

No, he didn't actually say this, that is someone (badly) paraphrasing his words in 1997 before the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.

The actual text of what he said is here:

http://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/hh/1997/february/testimony.htm

No mention of strikes. No mention of "masters".

No mention of three day working weeks for a full weeks wage either.

What are you on about? No doubt you'll be calling for the reinstatement of bell boys in lifts, because that's much safer isn't it? Not to mention blokes with a red flag on front of a car.

You've convinced me, fuck em, sack the lot of em.

As an alternative rail travellers could draw straws on the platform or have a big game of one potato two potato and whoever wins drives the train. It'd save 40 grand a year and we wouldn't have to bother taking the kids to Alton towers.

• Upvote 1