Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Recommended Posts

Narcos: Mexico

 

From a pretty mediocre first season, it picked up well. Seasons 2 and 3 are far more interesting, as the cast of characters expands. Not quite full fat Narcos, but a tidy substitute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man v Bee. Rowan Atkinson doing some type of mr bean type slapstick on Netflix. It's not quite Mr bean, but it's heading in that direction - low on words, high on knobbing about. I didn't expect to like it, but the episodes are short and it did make me laugh a couple of times, but quickly got on my tits. I reckon it's something you could throw on and just watching 10 mins episode without much thought. 6/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Power Book IV: Force 

 

Power spin off on Amazon with Tommy. Anyone who enjoyed Power should watch this, it's arguably better than Power (which was great for 3 seasons then got a bit ....) They've already decided on a second series. 8.5/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/06/2022 at 18:25, Red74 said:

4 episodes to go on Ozark. By far and away the greatest TV series EVER

A bold claim directly under a post about The Sopranos.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheBitch said:

3 episodes into The Lincoln Lawyer. 
 

Already better than Bosch as it follows the book well so far. 

I watched a few episodes of thus zbd it couldn't hold my attention, I found the acting a bit ropey especially that guy working with him who is seeing his ex (not Neve Campbell, the blonde one who's fit)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dark Winds is looking promising after a couple of episodes.

Directed by Robert Redford and concerns the crimes and events around a Native American reservation in the early 1970s. Stunning cinematography and Native American languages being used to give it some authenticity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Dark Winds is looking promising after a couple of episodes.

Directed by Robert Redford and concerns the crimes and events around a Native American reservation in the early 1970s. Stunning cinematography and Native American languages being used to give it some authenticity.

I really hate having to read subtitles. I realise it's very much the fashion of the day, but it makes shows to start to feel like a job. I have to make sure I'm not tired and I have some quiet in the house before I'll turn it on. I watch a fair bit of TV up and down on the train to London and subtitles are even harder in that environment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2022 at 16:52, Elite said:

Started Squid Game, it's actually far better than I was expecting.


Me too. I actually finished it late last night, by which point I was stoned and was finding it hilarious just how bad it was. What a load of old shite. 
 

The start was interesting but by the end it had become some kind of shit Korean knock off of Hollyoaks. The slo-mos, the crying, the predictability of what the next scene would be. Dear me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

The Boys - S3E6 (Herogasm) - 9.5/10.  Absolutely brilliant bordering on genius.

My son messaged me at some stupid hour just to tell me this episode was one of the best episodes of TV he has ever seen. Then a mate of mine text me early in the morning asking if I’d seen it yet. This episode was so good, I wasn’t allowed to get a good night sleep because others had watched it. That’s how good the episode is. 
 

I’m a few episodes behind, but will catch up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

My son messaged me at some stupid hour just to tell me this episode was one of the best episodes of TV he has ever seen. Then a mate of mine text me early in the morning asking if I’d seen it yet. This episode was so good, I wasn’t allowed to get a good night sleep because others had watched it. That’s how good the episode is. 
 

I’m a few episodes behind, but will catch up. 

I thought it was alright, in a 7.5/10 sorta way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I watched a few episodes of thus zbd it couldn't hold my attention, I found the acting a bit ropey especially that guy working with him who is seeing his ex (not Neve Campbell, the blonde one who's fit)

I’m a huge fan of the books so I guess my opinion is a bit more biased. 
Hated the Bosch show probably because I like the books so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:


Me too. I actually finished it late last night, by which point I was stoned and was finding it hilarious just how bad it was. What a load of old shite. 
 

The start was interesting but by the end it had become some kind of shit Korean knock off of Hollyoaks. The slo-mos, the crying, the predictability of what the next scene would be. Dear me. 

I enjoyed it despite its many flaws. Think the next season might be utter shit though, it'll get pretty dull if they try to repeat the formula.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:


Me too. I actually finished it late last night, by which point I was stoned and was finding it hilarious just how bad it was. What a load of old shite. 
 

The start was interesting but by the end it had become some kind of shit Korean knock off of Hollyoaks. The slo-mos, the crying, the predictability of what the next scene would be. Dear me. 

I enjoyed it despite its many flaws. Think the next season might be utter shit though, it'll get pretty dull if they try to repeat the formula.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I really hate having to read subtitles. I realise it's very much the fashion of the day, but it makes shows to start to feel like a job. I have to make sure I'm not tired and I have some quiet in the house before I'll turn it on. I watch a fair bit of TV up and down on the train to London and subtitles are even harder in that environment. 

Its only very briefly using subtitles for the native indian stuff. Its 95/99% English.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else been watching Sherwood on BBC? Best thing the BBC have done in years.
 

It’s set in Ashfield in Nottinghamshire and the story is about two murders that occur modern day but it all seems to be tied in to the miners strike in the 80s. Some of the community still despise each other due to the scabs in the ares working through the strike. 

 

The writing is excellent and there’s a really good cast. 
 

This monologue from the current leader of the NUM to David Morrisey who is the police officer in charge of the investigation was very interesting. Elements of truth in it? (Ignore the obvious right winger and just watch the video clip).

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The midwhich cuckoos 

Can't decide if it was very silly or very shit but it had keely hawes in,so that gives it 2 extra marks.

Thought the end was quite rushed but worth a watch.

7/10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a bit disappointed with the last 2 episodes of The Boys. Story seems to have lost its way a bit since Gus Fring got turfed and it now seems like I’m watching a sketch show that has gone for slapstick and each new scene trying to outdo the previous scenes with an increase in characters getting soaked in various fluids. 
 

Feels it’s disappearing up its arse and concentrating on becoming too socially aware and hitting us over the head with it. Storefront was brilliant last season the way she was showing us all how the powers that be manipulated social media to get in but it was done in a subtle way but this season it seems like it’s every other minute. 
 

A - Trains advert, the Celebs singing imagine and Homelanders Trump style walkout were funny but it’s taking over the story and feels like SNL and I was reaching for my phone watching last nights episode. 
 

The acting & scripts have been brilliant upto now. Need to get it back to where it was. 

 

The Deep is killing it this season though. What a character and Erin Moriarty is absolutely sensational. 
 

10/10 upto the last 2 episodes 

 

6’s for the last 2

 

Far better than the sopranos. Below Ozark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

The midwhich cuckoos 

Can't decide if it was very silly or very shit but it had keely hawes in,so that gives it 2 extra marks.

Thought the end was quite rushed but worth a watch.

7/10.

It WAS very silly and Max Beesley couldn't act if a gun was pointed at his children - but it was entertaining enough I thought. Ridiculous, but anything with creepy demon children in is always worth a watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Been a bit disappointed with the last 2 episodes of The Boys. Story seems to have lost its way a bit since Gus Fring got turfed and it now seems like I’m watching a sketch show that has gone for slapstick and each new scene trying to outdo the previous scenes with an increase in characters getting soaked in various fluids. 
 

Feels it’s disappearing up its arse and concentrating on becoming too socially aware and hitting us over the head with it. Storefront was brilliant last season the way she was showing us all how the powers that be manipulated social media to get in but it was done in a subtle way but this season it seems like it’s every other minute. 
 

A - Trains advert, the Celebs singing imagine and Homelanders Trump style walkout were funny but it’s taking over the story and feels like SNL and I was reaching for my phone watching last nights episode. 
 

The acting & scripts have been brilliant upto now. Need to get it back to where it was. 

 

The Deep is killing it this season though. What a character and Erin Moriarty is absolutely sensational. 
 

10/10 upto the last 2 episodes 

 

6’s for the last 2

 

Far better than the sopranos. Below Ozark

 

291d067f-3d0b-4093-a19f-c3f11f0cf714_text.gif

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Anyone else been watching Sherwood on BBC? Best thing the BBC have done in years.
 

It’s set in Ashfield in Nottinghamshire and the story is about two murders that occur modern day but it all seems to be tied in to the miners strike in the 80s. Some of the community still despise each other due to the scabs in the ares working through the strike. 

 

The writing is excellent and there’s a really good cast. 
 

This monologue from the current leader of the NUM to David Morrisey who is the police officer in charge of the investigation was very interesting. Elements of truth in it? (Ignore the obvious right winger and just watch the video clip).

 

Yeah really enjoying it so far

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×