You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The Time Travellers Wife.

Started watching this as I’m a bit of a girl. I was going to lie and say I’m watching with the wife but she would never watch this kind of thing as it doesn’t have a zombie in it. 

Based on the book that sold a zillion copies a few years back. Stars the red head out of Game Of Thrones who married him who died but didn’t. Also some good looking bastard who keeps getting naked. This is a little annoying but, to be fair, if I looked like him, I’d stay naked all the time.

Anyway, it’s basically shit. The bantz between the two of them is appalling. Just shows how little effort good looking people have to make to get sex. Makes me anxious as to how many on here must be bonafide hotties. 

I shall persevere as I’m in search of a happy ending and a good cry. 

6/10. Gets an extra point for the red head. I’m always a sucker for a red head. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

The Time Travellers Wife.

Started watching this as I’m a bit of a girl. I was going to lie and say I’m watching with the wife but she would never watch this kind of thing as it doesn’t have a zombie in it. 

Based on the book that sold a zillion copies a few years back. Stars the red head out of Game Of Thrones who married him who died but didn’t. Also some good looking bastard who keeps getting naked. This is a little annoying but, to be fair, if I looked like him, I’d stay naked all the time.

Anyway, it’s basically shit. The bantz between the two of them is appalling. Just shows how little effort good looking people have to make to get sex. Makes me anxious as to how many on here must be bonafide hotties. 

I shall persevere as I’m in search of a happy ending and a good cry. 

6/10. Gets an extra point for the red head. I’m always a sucker for a red head. 

You think everything about it is shit, but you gave it a mark of 6/10?

I know it's old news to most, but I've started Ozark season 4 since getting back from Paris. I decided to wait until it was all out, then all my free time was mostly spent on LFC! I've watched the the first 7 which were released earlier this year, I've enjoyed it so far. It's pretty mental and you have to leave the "they'd have just got caught" at the door, but it's pretty well paced and enjoyable. 8/10

Tehran series 2. 

Only seen the first two episodes but I don't think I can go much further. From a slightly OTT but enjoyable first series to an utterly unbelievable first two episodes of the second. If you thought the Germans in WW2 films were hopeless then wait until you see how utterly incompetent the Iranians are in this!

So I've had a binge watch day today. I've barely moved out of my seat and smashed through the 2nd half of Ozark. I enjoyed it, but it was getting more stupid towards the end and it was difficult to believe those things were supposed to be happening in a matter of days. ***** Spoiler maybe ******* and I didn't really get the ending. It was like someone described the ending of the sopranos to someone but they didn't quite get it. And I didn't really get the point to how the story finished for Ruth. And finally, there were 4 minutes of titles, Netflix did that annoying thing where it's going to play you some random shite and doesn't just let the titles run, making you wonder if there was something else after, as surely there couldn't be 4 minutes of titles. But I was that pissed off with the way it finished, I couldn't be arsed to go back. So onto the rating

Overall: 7.5/10

Season 4.1: 8/10

Season 4.2: 6/10

Last 15 minutes: 2/10

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So I've had a binge watch day today. I've barely moved out of my seat and smashed through the 2nd half of Ozark. I enjoyed it, but it was getting more stupid towards the end and it was difficult to believe those things were supposed to be happening in a matter of days. ***** Spoiler maybe ******* and I didn't really get the ending. It was like someone described the ending of the sopranos to someone but they didn't quite get it. And I didn't really get the point to how the story finished for Ruth. And finally, there were 4 minutes of titles, Netflix did that annoying thing where it's going to play you some random shite and doesn't just let the titles run, making you wonder if there was something else after, as surely there couldn't be 4 minutes of titles. But I was that pissed off with the way it finished, I couldn't be arsed to go back. So onto the rating

Overall: 7.5/10

Season 4.1: 8/10

Season 4.2: 6/10

Last 15 minutes: 2/10

Contrary to popular opinion, I thought the last scene was fine.

I agree about the last 15 minutes though, they tried to squeeze far too much in at the end.

Another thing that bugged me about Ozark was the lack of fit birds, I ended up wanting to fuck Ruth during most of it. That's not a good thing.

Overall it was a good programme though.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

Contrary to popular opinion, I thought the last scene was fine.

I agree about the last 15 minutes though, they tried to squeeze far too much in at the end.

Another thing that bugged me about Ozark was the lack of fit birds, I ended up wanting to fuck Ruth during most of it. That's not a good thing.

Overall it was a good programme though.

What was the point of blacking out the screen though? I've just read some thing where they talk about it, so it's supposed to happen as you would expect, so why not just show it?

And the rushed thing was partly the Ruth business. I didn't see what the story gained from it. It seemed needlessly squeezed in. 

And just one other thing, i found it hard to take the sister seriously. She was in that Queen of the South I started years ago and got fed up with. But in that she played a cartel boss who'd started out as a cartel bosses wife. It was like she was playing the same person. But queen of the south was fucking shit, so it felt like there was an imposter on the screen for me at all times. 

And you're dead right, the shortage of decent birds was really bad. I was only thinking towards the end with Ruth when she had that gown on, she even looked shit when she'd been scrubbed up. And she was about the best there was. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What was the point of blacking out the screen though? I've just read some thing where they talk about it, so it's supposed to happen as you would expect, so why not just show it?

And the rushed thing was partly the Ruth business. I didn't see what the story gained from it. It seemed needlessly squeezed in. 

And just one other thing, i found it hard to take the sister seriously. She was in that Queen of the South I started years ago and got fed up with. But in that she played a cartel boss who'd started out as a cartel bosses wife. It was like she was playing the same person. But queen of the south was fucking shit, so it felt like there was an imposter on the screen for me at all times. 

And you're dead right, the shortage of decent birds was really bad. I was only thinking towards the end with Ruth when she had that gown on, she even looked shit when she'd been scrubbed up. And she was about the best there was. 

I was wondering where the sister was from, that Queen of the South was hilariously bad.

The ambiguity of the ending suited me but I can see why it wound people up. I always wonder how I would end these long series & I never have a clue so kinda understand why they do these open ended things. Having said that, I'm not being paid a fortune to write good endings.

6 minutes ago, Mook said:

I was wondering where the sister was from, that Queen of the South was hilariously bad.

The ambiguity of the ending suited me but I can see why it wound people up. I always wonder how I would end these long series & I never have a clue so kinda understand why they do these open ended things. Having said that, I'm not being paid a fortune to write good endings.

But the writers and stars of the show came out and did interviews and said there was no ambiguity. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

But the writers and stars of the show came out and did interviews and said there was no ambiguity. 

Fair enough, I never watched that Behind Ozark or whatever it's called.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Das Boot S03.

A couple of episodes in and its very good again. A very underrated series given it's named after the classic film but excellent in its own right. Seems to improve with each series.

An appalling scouse stereotype in episode 3. Even the fuckin Germans(who bombed our chippy!groan) are at it.