Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Recommended Posts

Got the final episode before the mid season break of Better Call Saul to watch tonight. I adore this show and gutted it's the final season but absolutely brilliant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

Got the final episode before the mid season break of Better Call Saul to watch tonight. I adore this show and gutted it's the final season but absolutely brilliant.

It'll be interesting to see how they end it too, especially as we know it's not the end for Saul - or even some of the remaining cast. And there's a year or so timeline of Walt & Jessie being on the scene before Saul meets them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Anybody seen 'From' and is it any good?

Watched the first two episodes and it's pretty solid so far, Midnight Mass meets Salems Lot meets Lost 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah mate. It pauses after episode 7 and then comes back on something like the 11th July for another 6. So 3 more episodes than normal to close it out. 


Bastards. 
 

What a way to leave it as well!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is it going to deliver a conclusion? It feels like one of those shows that'll just run for years and they'll try more and more ways just to keep it going. Blacklist is a bit like that, but it's almost worth watching just for James Spader. I didn't find any of the performances in Big Sky compelling at all, even though there are (and have been) some decent actors in it. 

Well I'm not going past season 2 so I hope so.

Why are American law enforcement shit at transferring prisoners and setting up perimeters. Started with 24 and they've just got worse.

Watched all Blacklist but thought it was like flogging a dead horse in the end.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Well I'm not going past season 2 so I hope so.

Why are American law enforcement shit at transferring prisoners and setting up perimeters. Started with 24 and they've just got worse.

Watched all Blacklist but thought it was like flogging a dead horse in the end.

Blacklist is still going! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah mate. It pauses after episode 7 and then comes back on something like the 11th July for another 6. So 3 more episodes than normal to close it out. 

Load of shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alone S05E01 : Redemption in Mongolia

 

"Seasoned veterans" from previous seasons return to show their mettle. Six minutes in and "Wha! I'm missing my famiwee, wah wah blub blub"

 

Utter twats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

The Hot Rock - Entertaining 1970s heist comedy - 7.5/10

 

70F22548-5877-4D48-A1B0-45C9250A57C7.jpeg

That's a film is it not?

 

I had it recorded on the Virgin Box in the family home but never got round to watching it unfortunately.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mook said:

That's a film is it not?

 

I had it recorded on the Virgin Box in the family home but never got round to watching it unfortunately.

Bollocks, wrong thread. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Bollocks, wrong thread. 

Was Bollocks the name of the film?

 

Inthink you’ll need to start a “Rate The Last Gay Porno You Watched” thread. 
 

if you don’t want to be that specific, it could be a general porno review thread that’s rainbow inclusive - welcoming all comers. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The poor lass Natasha, dumped in a hospital bog when just minutes old, friggin' hell, can you imagine that?!

 

What a lass, what an amazing, resilient and brave person.

 

Just incredible film making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not exactly new, but Peter Kay's Car Share. 8/10.

 

I'd seen maybe 1 or 2 whole episodes before but it wasn't one of those shows where I'd remember to tune in for the next one. If it just so happened to be on when I flicked channels, I'd probably have stuck with it. Someone at work posted a clip of the 'dogging' episode a few weeks back (I hadn't remembered that even though it's one of the show's best drawn out gags), so I thought I'd revisit when I had a bit of time. Wise choice.

 

Peter Kay's stand-up routine can be good, but his TV work with Phoenix Nights in particular was stellar and he can play a likeable everyman as well as anyone, and he shows it in this to great effect as John. For me though, it's Sian Gibson as car-sharing buddy Kayleigh who is the standout. Prone to saying and doing daft things worthy of TLW's 'World of a Woman' thread, and with a love of mainstream chart music and Christmas records, Kayleigh has such a winning smile and charm you would put up with all the daft shit. The slow-build friendship of the first series develops into something more (as expected with the premise, but done in a way that isn't cloying or an unwanted distraction) but it never loses the humour. It's also great with the visual gags, throwing in blink-and-you'll-miss-them adverts and signs, and ridiculous radio ads that the pair listen to on their car journeys.

 

A simple idea done this well deserves all the accolades it got at the time. Plus the bloopers (especially Reece Shearsmith and Conleth Hill) are brilliant.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Not exactly new, but Peter Kay's Car Share. 8/10.

 

I'd seen maybe 1 or 2 whole episodes before but it wasn't one of those shows where I'd remember to tune in for the next one. If it just so happened to be on when I flicked channels, I'd probably have stuck with it. Someone at work posted a clip of the 'dogging' episode a few weeks back (I hadn't remembered that even though it's one of the show's best drawn out gags), so I thought I'd revisit when I had a bit of time. Wise choice.

 

Peter Kay's stand-up routine can be good, but his TV work with Phoenix Nights in particular was stellar and he can play a likeable everyman as well as anyone, and he shows it in this to great effect as John. For me though, it's Sian Gibson as car-sharing buddy Kayleigh who is the standout. Prone to saying and doing daft things worthy of TLW's 'World of a Woman' thread, and with a love of mainstream chart music and Christmas records, Kayleigh has such a winning smile and charm you would put up with all the daft shit. The slow-build friendship of the first series develops into something more (as expected with the premise, but done in a way that isn't cloying or an unwanted distraction) but it never loses the humour. It's also great with the visual gags, throwing in blink-and-you'll-miss-them adverts and signs, and ridiculous radio ads that the pair listen to on their car journeys.

 

A simple idea done this well deserves all the accolades it got at the time. Plus the bloopers (especially Reece Shearsmith and Conleth Hill) are brilliant.

Loved Car Share

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×