You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 02/05/2022 at 12:11, YorkshireRed said:

Life After Life. Period drama on the BBC, based on the book of the same name by Kate Atkinson.

Central character is Ursula who dies many times, but is reborn. Realises she is able to change the course of events as a result. 

You know what, I’ve really enjoyed this. I was disappointed to realise there are only four episodes.

I was quite taken by Thomasin McKenzie (also in the marvellous JoJo Rabbit) who played Ursula as well.

8/10.

280B2802-5DEA-4346-877D-DDF87F07F38D.jpeg

Sounds similar to a book i read a few years ago called "The first fifteen lives of Harry August" (but probably not as up itself as that book was).

• Upvote 1

On 30/04/2022 at 23:18, skend04 said:

Russian Doll S2 - disappointing to say the least. Too clever for its own good and it lost all of the fun of the first season.

Yeah it’s lost a lot of the charm of the first season and I’m having to plot through as the missus wants to see it out. 

39 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Sounds similar to a book i read a few years ago called "The first fifteen lives of Harry August" (but probably not as up itself as that book was).

Ahh, that's the book I was thinking of but couldn't remember. I can only vaguely remember the plot too, so it obviously didn't make much of an impression on me....

The main difference with Life After Life is that Ursula doesn't directly remember what happened in her previous lives, she gets vague premonitions of what to avoid or to do.

18 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Ahh, that's the book I was thinking of but couldn't remember. I can only vaguely remember the plot too, so it obviously didn't make much of an impression on me....

The main difference with Life After Life is that Ursula doesn't directly remember what happened in her previous lives, she gets vague premonitions of what to avoid or to do.

Apparently there is another book, which the author describes as a companion novel rather than a sequel. It focuses on the life of Teddy, Ursula’s younger brother. I think I’ll give that a go. It’s called A God In Ruins. 

Part of me wishes I hadn’t seen Life After Life on the television. I reckon I’d have enjoyed the book but probably won’t read it now. 

Watching The Flash with my 7yo boy. He loves it, and I think its perfect for his age group. He can see how all the problems are going to be resolved a mile off. Which says a lot.

But as an adult, its the most terribly written, cheese filled, shit dialogue cliché sandwich I've ever seen. They hired people of the street as actors, I'm sure of it.

3/10

17 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Slow Horses - 7/10. Wouldn’t have looked at it except for Oldman, but it’s an easy and entertaining watch.

I tried watching it but my missus kept nagging me to come to bed. I said it wont be on furlong. 

• Upvote 1

Once again, Netflix delivers. For me, ( a very personal opinion ) the best series I’ve seen in a long time. It’s got everything. It’s never obvious, its beautifully shot, and extremely well acted. It also hurts when you least expect it to. I’m into series 3 and what a rollercoaster. 9/10. German production, English subtitles.

D0405956-0705-4F27-8AE4-4B251E5C7712.png

12 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Once again, Netflix delivers. For me, ( a very personal opinion ) the best series I’ve seen in a long time. It’s got everything. It’s never obvious, its beautifully shot, and extremely well acted. It also hurts when you least expect it to. I’m into series 3 and what a rollercoaster. 9/10. German production, English subtitles.

D0405956-0705-4F27-8AE4-4B251E5C7712.png

The girl in it is boss

Thought season 3 went off the rails a bit

Top boy..season 2 and 3

Not often I re watch stuff but this is utterly essential viewing.

Season 3 in particular is outstanding where sully develops as a character. 

Clearly influenced by the wire where it doesn't portray the characters in black and white terms

9/10

Get on it fam

Alone s02e01

Day 1 and ex-USMC Desmond: "When I was in Iraq and Afghanistan, we were the best if the best. Gotta go big or go home. My family are looking up to me, I'm gonna take that $500000 home"

Day 1 2pm and ex-USMC Desmond: "This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do man, there are sounds coming from the woods and it hasn't stopped raining. I miss my babies"

Day 1 2:30pm and ex-USMC Desmond still hasn't moved from the landing beach (!)

Day 1 3:00pm and ex-USMC Desmond: "I've decided I've given it my best shot but it's time for me to go"

Alone s02e01 7/10

ex-USMC Desmond the pussy 0/10

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Alone s02e01

Day 1 and ex-USMC Desmond: "When I was in Iraq and Afghanistan, we were the best if the best. Gotta go big or go home. My family are looking up to me, I'm gonna take that $500000 home"

Day 1 2pm and ex-USMC Desmond: "This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do man, there are sounds coming from the woods and it hasn't stopped raining. I miss my babies"

Day 1 2:30pm and ex-USMC Desmond still hasn't moved from the landing beach (!)

Day 1 3:00pm and ex-USMC Desmond: "I've decided I've given it my best shot but it's time for me to go"

Alone s02e01 7/10

ex-USMC Desmond the pussy 0/10

I know loads of US Marines. Going to have to watch that one. Bet he was a POG.