You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The decade the rich got richer 

Documentary looking at following the 2008 crash,the coalition, then the Tories ,responded by cutting every service to the bone,slashing welfare,stagnating wages whilst helping the rich become even more wealthy.

An angry electorate responded by electing them in the next 2 elections.

Not recommended for anyone with a high blood pressure 

That hammond genuinely redefines the meaning of the word..cunt.

• Upvote 2

This week's episode of Billions s06e04 is the best one for a while. Still some great characters; Wags, Chuck, Prince, Kate, Taylor, but some fresh twists and turns which are refreshing.

The writers still annoy by their insistence of dropping in so many oh so clever pop culture references but with Axe out of the way, the show has found a fresh impetus.

You may want to watch this particular episode with your hand on the remote, on the pause button in particular, the amount of cash these fuckers fritter away truly is obscene and I can't help but believe this was a deliberate social commentary by the shows writers.

8/10 excellent. Nodi Fen Real Debrid

And finally, this week's Yellowstone 1883 s01e08.

I won't keep boring you all about how this is probably the best looking TV series ever, but just look at that opening sequence. Wow, incredible cinematography, direction, camera work, just pure artistry on the screen.

Another 9/10, if there's a better program on the telly atm then I haven't seen it.

Still watching my 4k Nodi streams.

The Haunting of Bly Manor

Having enjoyed The Haunting of Hill House, this was a boring, long winded, painfully scripted and melodramatic load of old shite. The accents and jolly old England pretence were worse than the episodes of Murder She Wrote when she supposedly visits London. The monologues where characters stare into the middle-distance whilst relating clichéd family drama were some of the worst acted student drama bollocks I've ever sat through. It wasn't even scary, and I'm a bit wet-you-pants wuss.

Pile of shite. And kids acting should be banned.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Having enjoyed The Haunting of Hill House, this was a boring, long winded, painfully scripted and melodramatic load of old shite. The accents and jolly old England pretence were worse than the episodes of Murder She Wrote when she supposedly visits London. The monologues where characters stare into the middle-distance whilst relating clichéd family drama were some of the worst acted student drama bollocks I've ever sat through. It wasn't even scary, and I'm a bit wet-you-pants wuss.

Yep. Massively disappointed in that considering how good the first one was. 

14 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Henry Thomas makes Dick Van Dyke sound like Sir John Gielgud.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

With a review like that,how did you watch more than 10 minutes of it?

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

With a review like that,how did you watch more than 10 minutes of it?

The first few episodes aren't bad, very much in the style of Hill House. It then proceeds to disappear up its own hoop. By the time I realised how bad it was getting it was a war of attrition and I was determined to finish it just to see if there might be some pay off at the end. There wasn't.

Reacher,

Enjoyable easy watch.

Thought violence was a bit over the top in places and i love a bit of violence.

Reacher tough as fuck muddafucka was only good when he did the shithouse creep up and stab someone in the back.

Got owned in most fights even though he won them.

Doesn't look a bit like Tom Cruise.

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Space Force series 2 currently on Netflix.

Enjoyable nonsense with an Airplane or Hot Shots style formula. Good cast and set of characters with John Malkovich excellent at being a 'Frasier Crane' alike as a Doctor in a NASA type agency. A solid 8/10 for me.

I couldn’t get into this it just seemed forced. Watched 2 episodes then binned it off. 

• Like 1