You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 11/01/2022 at 22:35, Barrington Womble said:

I've just watched the 1st episode of a show that completely passed me by a couple of years back. "Tehran" which is a spy thriller based around mossad and Tehran. The 1st episode was pretty decent and the only thing I didn't like is it was about 50-60% subtitles and I can be a bit too lazy for that. Apparently there's a season 2 on the way. 7.5/10 for the pilot episode. 

Watched first 2 of Tehran - pretty good so far , bit of fine tuning and it would be even better . Good find

• Upvote 1

The Man Who Bought Cricket 

That Alan Stanford was some cunt. The bit where the England team are playing Middlesex in a warm up in Antigua and he's on the big screen with a load of their wags on his knee is unreal. 3 episode documentary on sky docs. 

7.5/10 

The Fall

Thank fuck I've just finished that pile of worm infested scabrous faeces. What a load of fucking shit, I deserve a medal.

***SPOILER***

I cheered like fuck at the end when the killer battered that useless incompetent whispering fuck Scully. Give her a boot in the fanny from me mate.

Always liked Gillian Anderson until now but she was pathetic in this.

1/10 pompous whispering artsy fucking shite

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The Fall

Thank fuck I've just finished that pile of worm infested scabrous faeces. What a load of fucking shit, I deserve a medal.

***SPOILER***

I cheered like fuck at the end when the killer battered that useless incompetent whispering fuck Scully. Give her a boot in the fanny from me mate.

Always liked Gillian Anderson until now but she was pathetic in this.

1/10 pompous whispering artsy fucking shite

I gave up after a few episodes.

After Life series 3.

Very poor. Despite not liking Gervais I thought that series 1 and 2 were quite enjoyable. 

The third series was awful. It was maudlin and pointless. Nothing really happened. The level of acting was awful with the exception of Penelope Wilton and David Bradley. Gervais thinks that his character is an everyman liberated from restraint and able to say what he wants and what we would all secretly like to say. He isn't. He's an obnoxious, tedious fat shit. The ending both at the  fete and the walking off scene were cringe worthy. 

1/10

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, redheart said:

After Life series 3.

Very poor. Despite not liking Gervais I thought that series 1 and 2 were quite enjoyable. 

The third series was awful. It was maudlin and pointless. Nothing really happened. The level of acting was awful with the exception of Penelope Wilton and David Bradley. Gervais thinks that his character is an everyman liberated from restraint and able to say what he wants and what we would all secretly like to say. He isn't. He's an obnoxious, tedious fat shit. The ending both at the  fete and the walking off scene were cringe worthy. 

1/10

This. i think he's a misogynist bully who uses his fame to publicly humiliate other less successful actors. The treatment of Keith from the Office was almost unwatchable. He did the same in Extras.

33 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

This. i think he's a misogynist bully who uses his fame to publicly humiliate other less successful actors. The treatment of Keith from the Office was almost unwatchable. He did the same in Extras.

Did he force Keith from The Office to be in Extras or After Life?

Not saying I disagree to your point but the guy didn't have to be in it and I'm sure if he thought Gervais was taking the piss (or he was upset at how he was portrayed from previous work with him) he would just not do it.

51 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

He's the worst actor in it by a mile as well.

He was perfect as David Brent but has been trading off past glories for about 20 years now.

He should just fuck off to Hollywood, the fat cunt.

51 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Really? Not doubting the bully bit but in tv show?

Audition. Here's the role.

Actor. Fine by me.

unless I'm missing something here?

I don't get it.

3 episodes in on afterlife and whilst not laugh out loud funny I find it quite enjoyable.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Did he force Keith from The Office to be in Extras or After Life?

Not saying I disagree to your point but the guy didn't have to be in it and I'm sure if he thought Gervais was taking the piss (or he was upset at how he was portrayed from previous work with him) he would just not do it.

Surely that bit in the office was focusing on how petty Brent was?

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Really? Not doubting the bully bit but in tv show?

Audition. Here's the role.

Actor. Fine by me.

unless I'm missing something here?

I don't get it.

3 episodes in on afterlife and whilst not laugh out loud funny I find it quite enjoyable.

I think there’s a massive power imbalance. Gervais multi millionaire award winning actor, the Keith bloke from the Office morbidly obese largely unemployed actor. So when Gervais offers him a walk on role that basically only humiliates him for being fat then I think that’s bullying. Of course he could turn it down and stay unemployed. 

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

The Blacklist. 5/10.

Started off OK but like all things on Netflix, stop flogging a dead horse.

I hope Red kills Keane.

Loved this for years but gave up a couple of series ago when it had clearly gone as far as it should , although my mate still loves it and calls me a quitter. I can't believe James Spader has not got better things to be doing.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think there’s a massive power imbalance. Gervais multi millionaire award winning actor, the Keith bloke from the Office morbidly obese largely unemployed actor. So when Gervais offers him a walk on role that basically only humiliates him for being fat then I think that’s bullying. Of course he could turn it down and stay unemployed. 

Fucking actors acting.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Loved this for years but gave up a couple of series ago when it had clearly gone as far as it should , although my mate still loves it and calls me a quitter. I can't believe James Spader has not got better things to be doing.

My missus put series 8 on, the latest.

22 fuckin episodes! I doze as she watches it.

The FBI are after Keane now, she's sitting in a major train station and you're expected to believe they can't find with the eye in the sky?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

To each their own I suppose but you could apply that reasoning to a lot of roles.

We saw the guy who plays the postman at the comedy club years ago. He was the comedian who got the sympathy laughs, not funny in any way. One lucky guy that. Next time we saw him he'd replaced George Doors on shooting stars.

6 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

To each their own I suppose but you could apply that reasoning to a lot of roles.

We saw the guy who plays the postman at the comedy club years ago. He was the comedian who got the sympathy laughs, not funny in any way. One lucky guy that. Next time we saw him he'd replaced George Doors on shooting stars.

• Upvote 1

On 17/01/2022 at 18:25, RedKnight said:

Bang into Yellowjackets right now. Not even the appalling football scenes at the start could put me off.

On 17/01/2022 at 18:35, Elite said:

Heard mixed reviews about that one.

I've decided to continue with it (but that was touch and go for a while). It's a bit all over the place and up its own arse, but Melanie Lynskey and Christina Ricci are excellent - and I can't help gawping at Juliette Lewis chanelling Iggy Pop.

34 minutes ago, Mook said:

I think he nicked his 

42 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

I think he nicked his entire act from Jonny Vegas who did it much better.