You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

32 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Rewatching Season 3 of Ozark ahead of the new season next week and it's a reminder of how good this show is in my opinion that I'm hooked on watching, I started off by watching the second to last episode with the intention of only watching  the last two as s catch up up ended up going back to first episode.

Lots of great characters  especially Ruth and the creepy Darlene.

9/10.

Excellent tv

21 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Life after life. Really disappointing, Just middle aged male fantasy shit. Ricky is good at table tennis, stands up to bad drivers without retribution, women fawn over him and follow him around even though he treats them like shit. 1/10

Bollocks! 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Bollocks! 

I like Ricky Gervais but I think this is self indulgent shit. The story lines just meander nowhere, it’s a bit obsessed with sex particularly women either being overly promiscuous or being humiliated and that scene in episode 3 with the finance bloggers coming in to the office was just shoe horned in without any relevance to the plot and never referred to again. He is much funnier when he had Stephen Merchant as a writing partner. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Rewatching Season 3 of Ozark ahead of the new season next week and it's a reminder of how good this show is in my opinion that I'm hooked on watching, I started off by watching the second to last episode with the intention of only watching  the last two as s catch up up ended up going back to first episode.

9/10.

I didn't realise this was back on next week.

Quality news.

8 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I like Ricky Gervais but I think this is self indulgent shit. The story lines just meander nowhere, it’s a bit obsessed with sex particularly women either being overly promiscuous or being humiliated and that scene in episode 3 with the finance bloggers coming in to the office was just shoe horned in without any relevance to the plot and never referred to again. He is much funnier when he had Stephen Merchant as a writing partner. 

Watching this at the moment.

I agree, it's self indulgent shit. I wish someone would put that laptop over his fucking head.

Let's face it, apart from the odd wee moment here & there, Gervais has been crap since The Office. A one trick pony if ever there was one.

• Upvote 2

On 15/01/2022 at 11:15, Captain Willard said:

Life after life. Really disappointing, Just middle aged male fantasy shit. Ricky is good at table tennis, stands up to bad drivers without retribution, women fawn over him and follow him around even though he treats them like shit. 1/10

I thought it was very good. I laughed,I cried,it had everything. Maybe slightly twee in parts but overall it was excellent.

On 15/01/2022 at 10:43, manwiththestick said:

9/10.

The whole Wendy and her brother story line in season 3 is tough.

You could put a random episode from any of the three seasons of afterlife on and I'd struggle to tell you which season it's from, maybe apart from the last handful of episodes.

There's stand out moments in it but 3 seasons was probably one too many.

Did Roisin Conaty and Gervais have a falling out, she wasn't in the series and there were loads of pointless jokes about her in the show, seems like it was just a way to keep Jo Wilkinson's character involved.

2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Yes it was, and very well acted by the guy playing Ben as he descends into his illness. Hope he's back in Season 4.

I hope he's not to be honest, think it cheapens the story and where it went (though I wouldn't be surprised if you're right).

Watched a few first episodes of new things tonight.

The White Lotus- not sure why this is highly rated. It’s ok but not really funny.

For All Mankind- lots of cheesy speeches, with the US flag in the background. Then another cheesy bit of Texan slang, more patriotism while people stand about making their best proud face.

Hidden Assets- an ok drama involving detectives tackling organised crime. I’ll persist but I’m not overly impressed. 

Thanks for the heads up on Fargo, can’t wait for the new season.

7 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Yellowstone 1883

Episode 5 is another fantastic watch. The scenery is gorgeous and the casting is excellent.

The lass they've got playing Elsa, the lead character, where did she come from? Love her narrations throughout, they definitely add an emotional heft to proceedings.

9/10

So it's Yellowstone in the early days? Or is it not connected to the Kevin Costner series?

Halfway through season 3 of The Fall and Gillian Anderson is seriously, seriously boiling my piss.

Why does she insist in always speaking in a whisper?

Does she think it adds gravitas to her role as a fucking useless, incompetent, pompous as fuck copper?

I've always liked her but she is fucking shit in this. Totally dire acting performance.

24 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Yellowstone 1883

Episode 5 is another fantastic watch. The scenery is gorgeous and the casting is excellent.

The lass they've got playing Elsa, the lead character, where did she come from? Love her narrations throughout, they definitely add an emotional heft to proceedings.

9/10

She could ride my Stallion any day of the week.

3 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Currently watching Season 3 of undercover on Netflix. A Dutch/belgian crime show. 

Not sure if anyone else has seen it but it's absolutely fantastic, great acting, great script, I honestly can't fault it in any way. 

It's good,but as usual with Netflix it's a few episodes too long. The ending is a bit stupid though.

There is also a film on there called 'Ferry' about the main character.