You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Am I alone in thinking the latest season of Succession is a bit shit? I loved the 1st 2 season, but I'm finding this one just dull and I just don't care about any outcome or any of the people. 

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Nope, same, thought it was rubbish but had a great final episode.

It's superb.

Just watched the last episode of Gomorrah season 1. Unreal. Just started season 2. 

13 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Nope, same, thought it was rubbish but had a great final episode.

I've just watched the final episode now (didn't realise it was the final one when I was watching it), I thought it was like watching paint dry. I'm going to put this one down to maybe the writers lost some creativity having to write it through lockdown over zoom or something. But after that I wouldn't be upset if there wasn't a 4th season. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've just watched the final episode now (didn't realise it was the final one when I was watching it), I thought it was like watching paint dry. I'm going to put this one down to maybe the writers lost some creativity having to write it through lockdown over zoom or something. But after that I wouldn't be upset if there wasn't a 4th season. 

Classic US TV show behaviour isn't it?  Writers have good idea, show becomes popular, then instead of being a nice tight one or two series programme, they keep it going for as long as it continues to make money.  Either goes boring or massively over the top, but enough people (in America) keep watching it for it to limp on for years past it's best.

I haven't watched any of Succession Series 3 yet though (I'm a slow TV watcher), so could be talking out of my arse in this particular case.

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Was this the final episode? I too had no idea either. It was a big drop off from previous series though,no doubt.

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Classic US TV show behaviour isn't it?  Writers have good idea, show becomes popular, then instead of being a nice tight one or two series programme, they keep it going for as long as it continues to make money.  Either goes boring or massively over the top, but enough people (in America) keep watching it for it to limp on for years past it's best.

I haven't watched any of Succession Series 3 yet though (I'm a slow TV watcher), so could be talking out of my arse in this particular case.

@Bjornebye still thinks it's great, so don't take my word on it. But I didn't enjoy this from the start and hoped it would warm up but it didn't. It just felt like "how can we invent the next random family argument" - and the end was so predictable. 

But you're right, it is classic US behaviour but usually less so with HBO. What drives me mad with the regular networks is if it get to season 4 they've usually locked in overseas contracts and it's profitable regardless of if anyone is watching it anywhere. 

44 minutes ago, Elite said:

Dexter is great, especially the season with John Lithgow. The ending let it down but New Blood looks to be rectifying that.

*****spoilers****** i went back to the final 2 seasons of dexter. on 2nd viewing i quite liked the ending. once you were already aware of where he was ending up and weren't expecting something perhaps bigger, i thought it worked really well. and there were parts in his behaviour through that period that made it feel almost like a logical conclusion - well aside from the deb/boat part, which was fucking weird. but he's a head case, so maybe it should be weird. I am expecting a more dramatic ending this time around of course. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

*****spoilers****** i went back to the final 2 seasons of dexter. on 2nd viewing i quite liked the ending. once you were already aware of where he was ending up and weren't expecting something perhaps bigger, i thought it worked really well. and there were parts in his behaviour through that period that made it feel almost like a logical conclusion - well aside from the deb/boat part, which was fucking weird. but he's a head case, so maybe it should be weird. I am expecting a more dramatic ending this time around of course

Don't bank on it.

2035 - Dexter: Old Blood

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Dexter s01e01

Apart from Yellowstone, currently got nothing on the go so I thought I'd start this.

Not blown away but it was decent enough. Putting episode 2 on now...

6/10

Started this for the first time last night too, thought pretty much the same. We're going to stick with it for a few episodes.

American Auto. A new work place comedy from NBC. I've just watched the pilot episode and it wasn't too bad at all and certainly has potential to grow - it was definitely better than I was expecting. It's based around a failing car company in Detroit who hire a new CEO who doesn't know about cars from the pharma industry. It very much has a vibe of The Office (without the single camera/mockumentary angle). All in all a good start for a 20 min network comedy programme. 7/10. 

On 16/12/2021 at 17:07, Elite said:

Dopesick. Only watched the first episode but I can just tell this will be brilliant, thought-provoking and a little glimpse into how these pharmaceutical companies peddle their products. 

I'm a few episodes into this and its very,very good. I know the story but the dramatisation is excellent too.

• Upvote 1