You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Finally finished Get Back on Sunday after starting it on Friday. I thought it was a bit slow at first but turned into a fascinating documentary before the end. Two things stood out for me though. One was finally getting to see almost all of the rooftop performance as most media tends to just show a brief clip or two,but this coverage phenomenal. The second point is that it must have fascinating for the friends and family of Lennon and Harrison,some who never actually met them,to see them brought back to life on the big screen and I'm sure a few tears were shed among them. I've almost got to mention how brilliant Billy Preston was in all this as he could play anything the band asked him to on his keyboard. It had a really special sound with him added. 

A very,very good documentary and one,obviously,we'll never see again. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Yellowstone S04E06

The scene round the breakfast table with Beth and John Dutton's latest squeeze had me laughing out loud.

Brilliant script, brilliant delivery, brilliant show.

It's getting better as well. Outstanding show.

• Upvote 1

Landscapers on Sky. True story about a slightly odd middle aged couple who killed her elderly parents in Mansfield and buried them in the garden then went on the run for 15 years but came back to the UK when the police politely e mailed them asking to get in touch. David Thewell and Olivia Colman. Filmed a bit like a play in parts, really good. Worth a go. 

• Upvote 1

On 07/12/2021 at 19:57, Tony Moanero said:

She doesn’t bad for 65. When I was a kid, women in their fifties looked like Dot Cotton!

My best mates dad is 72, he was a Window cleaner he still works a few hours a week to get away from his Mrs. He looks like a 50 year old did when I was a kid. One of the fellas who owns gym I train at is 70, he's strong and fit. When I was a kid a 70 year old was walking with a stick. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

Finished Only Murders in the Building last night and thought it was great. 8/10

I thought there were a couple of episodes where it wobbled a bit and felt like it was running out of steam (maybe about episode 6 or 7), but it recovered and I was ready for season 2 the moment it finished. 

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought there were a couple of episodes where it wobbled a bit and felt like it was running out of steam (maybe about episode 6 or 7), but it recovered and I was ready for season 2 the moment it finished. 

7 was great I thought. The one from Theo's perspective.

On 07/12/2021 at 06:58, Paulie Dangerously said:

Brace yourselves fellas. I've just seen my missus go giddy over a trailer of what I assumed was either the Golden Girls, or some sort of leather face puppet show, but it turns out sex and the city is back for another series. 

The Golden Girls’ theme is my party piece. 

YOUR HEART IS TRUE, YOU’RE A PAL AND A COMPAN-NION 

Just now, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Really like the first 2 seasons of Yellowstone but finding it becoming increasingly insane to the point the plot just loses significance. Filled to the brim with Dues Ex Machina.

Still watched season 3 and what's aired of 4 and mostly enjoyed them but can feel my interest waning.

Maybe it's not for you.

It's my current favourite show and I love every second of it.

Finished Season 2 of War of the Worlds yesterday, after getting bogged down mid-season and thinking i would jib it i perservered and it picked up significantly towards the end. No idea where they can go with S3 though.

Hellbound, fantastically grim and basically two "three episode" storylines connected by the main premise. Really enjoyed this though and hats off to Korea for producing the best two TV series of the year.

Started Crime last night, i didn't get too far with the book as it looked likely it was going to be relentlessly grim, given the subject matter. The TV series didn't grab me significantly, but i'm only one down so i will carry on with it.