Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Hand of God - 7.5/10

A lovely film based loosely around the time Diego arrive in Naples, it’s not about him, but he’s central to all the lives and events, cleverly done.

Well worth hunting down.

Also, has the best pair of bazangas you’ll see on screen for a while… 

EDIT: Thought it was the film thread.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Forget dubbing, it ruins all the shows and films.

Oh I know the quality of the second episode with subtitles was 100% better. I love subtitles too so I don't know why I don't automatically use them anyway.

Crime

Based on Irvine Welsh's Edinburgh polis characters, Dougray Scott is excellent as DS Raymondo Lennox, charged with catching a kiddie fiddling stoat the baw and wiping the shcum off the face of the earth.

Episode 1 was fantastic. 8/10

Nodi Fen Real Debrid

3 episodes into Crime, and as soul crushingly destroyed as I was by Filth the movie, I am fucking bowled over by this tv adaptation.

Dougray Scott is fucking amazing a DS Lennox and his supporting cast and the direction of this has been absolutely top drawer too.

Best thing I've watched since Mr Inbetween.

Tiger King Series 2. 

5 episodes of even more absolute headtheballs. The last two episodes with Tim Stark versus the world are hilarious. 

8/10 just for the pure lunacy on show. 

Narcos Mexico is a bit of a bore compared to the Pablo one. Hard to believe its made by the same crowd. 

The Outlaws - it's got good reviews but I just had to stop after 2 and a bit episodes. The whole comedic element just seems to be from cringe inducing situations. For 30 minute episodes that's survivable but an hour?

Nah, not for me.

6 hours ago, John102 said:

Tried to watch The Wire. Probably 3rd try now.

Can't be arsed with it. I know others love it but a 6/10 for me.

Took me ages to get into it. I’m talking maybe 6-7 episodes. Worth it though in the end.

Storyville: The Two Escobars 9/10

Available on iPlayer, it’s the story of Columbia’s national team qualifying for USA 94 amidst the chaos of narcoterrorism, the War on Drugs, and South American democracy in action. Great footage of the f**ty, and interviews with key figures. Boss, but ultimately tragic story. 

Maradonna blessed dream 

Cant decide if it's really good.

Or really shote.

The kid playing him looks nothing like him and his wife is painted as an evil witch. 

The best bits are the actual footage of him playing

6/10

Started Gangland Undercover which is the true story of Charles Falco who went undercover in the Vagas MC. It's obviously low budget but engaging enough especially if you're a fan of Sons of Anarchy as it gives a truer account of what it's like being a prospect, etc.

Enjoying it 4 episodes in.

Just finished season 3 of Preacher and it's more mental and better than ever.

The characters in this are just outstandingly ridiculous, and Tulip is seriously drop dead gorgeous.

8.5/10

8 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just finished season 3 of Preacher and it's more mental and better than ever.

The characters in this are just outstandingly ridiculous, and Tulip is seriously drop dead gorgeous.

8.5/10

It was S3 when I went from enjoying Preacher to absolutely loving it. It's fucking mental.

On 30/11/2021 at 15:03, John102 said:

Tried to watch The Wire. Probably 3rd try now.

Can't be arsed with it. I know others love it but a 6/10 for me.

Need to stick with the first series , then it gets really good. 

Brilliant TV

Lost in Space S3 - wholesome and corny as anything but this show is just great entertainment and that's all I need. Easily the best looking show on any channel or streamer.  Binged the final season over the last 2 days 8.5/10

Ancient superstructures. Tonight's was about the building of Mont St Michel off the coast of Normandy. Having been there previously, scientific insight into how the rock allowed for the abbeys construction.

A sacre bleu 10/10

Brace yourselves fellas. I've just seen my missus go giddy over a trailer of what I assumed was either the Golden Girls, or some sort of leather face puppet show, but it turns out sex and the city is back for another series. 

8 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Brace yourselves fellas. I've just seen my missus go giddy over a trailer of what I assumed was either the Golden Girls, or some sort of leather face puppet show, but it turns out sex and the city is back for another series. 

Yeah I noticed that over the weekend. I think one of them refused to go back in it. The one who's looked about 90 in the last couple of things she's been in - I think the echo like to pretend she lives on Scotty road or something too. Can't remember her name though. 

Preacher

Just finished it and loved it. The trick is to just go with the flow and not try and rationalise it because it's just completely batshit mental. Just chocabloc with incredible characters and set pieces.

Loved the ending too.

8.5/10

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah I noticed that over the weekend. I think one of them refused to go back in it. The one who's looked about 90 in the last couple of things she's been in - I think the echo like to pretend she lives on Scotty road or something too. Can't remember her name though. 

Kim Cattrall, crosby I thought.

Not seen her for a while, always looked horny 

• Upvote 1