You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

It is a bit Gorey (sp) but its unbelievable watching skilled surgeons at the top of their game 

I've just watched Higgins beat Ronnie 6:1 on ITV, that's about all my stomach can take when it comes to surgeons. I'm a squeamish fucker me John. I've told her to watch it when I'm at work haha 

• Upvote 1

I watched that interview with Robert Plant late last night with that singer from ACDC, they met in a remote and lovely part of Wales it was quite good. 

He's had some life, from the excesses of Led Zeppelin who were arguably the biggest band in the world to playing in the desert with traditional musicians to Nashville with Alison Strauss. 

He came across as a decent fella, I remember my bird from years ago she had a big poster of him in her bedroom with a big bulge in his kecks which was a bit disconcerting. 

• Upvote 1

First three episodes of the Wheel Of Time.

Four Hobbits, one of whom has a destiny, leave their home to avoid destruction coming to their door and flee towards a place of safety, pursued by a black rider (and some Uruk Hai), narrowly escaping by jumping on a ferry across a river…

High production values but too predictable and a bit pedestrian.

I finished the latest season of the morning show . It was ok, but I didn't think it was close to the very high standards of season 1. 7.5/10

I dunno if it's a pandemic thing with the writing, but I am feeling loads of stuff coming out at the moment feels a bit sub-par. I don't think succession is at the level it was in the opening 2 seasons either. 

22 hours ago, Anubis said:

First three episodes of the Wheel Of Time.

Four Hobbits, one of whom has a destiny, leave their home to avoid destruction coming to their door and flee towards a place of safety, pursued by a black rider (and some Uruk Hai), narrowly escaping by jumping on a ferry across a river…

High production values but too predictable and a bit pedestrian.

Watched the first one last night and it just seems a by numbers fantasy with lots of well worn tropes nothing new, in fact it kind of just pissed me off when I compared it to the opening couple of episodes of Game of Thrones which was excellent right up until the last couple of seasons. The characters in WoT aren’t particularly engaging so I’m hoping it picks up.

Arcane S1 - superb animation. Know fuck all about the League of Legends game but I don't think anyone has to for a show this good. Top notch visual style and a great story. Netflix might make some dodgy films but the exclusive animations are a notch above and seem to avoid the computer game to film/show curse 8.5/10

The Outlaws. 8/10

Merchant is one funny bastard in both writing characters and self piss taking. The rest of the cast are, and to be fair even with Christopher Walken in it who is not the only scene stealer - are all very funny and play their parts well.

Good series start, then it wavers a bit, then it pulls it back together. Enjoyable compared to the rest of the shite on the telly.  

Second series coming soon. 

The new Dexter. So this is 3 episodes in and I've just watched the 3rd. I loved the first episode. I hate the title sequence at the start and end, not just a bit, but really hate it. 2nd episode I wasn't sure. I really started hating Deb. Why does she need to be a nag? The best part of Deb in the original series is she was funny, up to now she's as unlikable as his dead wife (can't recall her name). The latest episode I've really enjoyed, so hopefully this will be the trajectory till the end. It's supposedly a mini series that'll give us a better end to Dexter than we had before, hopefully it doesn't end like I'm already suspecting. So far two 8/10 episodes and a 6/10.