Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Recommended Posts

Caught the new episode of Succession a couple of nights ago. As good as ever. Carvalho is soooo wrong on this one. 
 

Finished Seinfeld. The finale was a bit shit. I was battling to stay awake, that’s how poor it was. I was pissing myself at the episode before where they showed clips from the show over the years and also a few outtakes which were hilarious. Now need to go onto Curb. I’ve watched the first episode a couple of times but never got into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Caught the new episode of Succession a couple of nights ago. As good as ever. Carvalho is soooo wrong on this one. 
 

Finished Seinfeld. The finale was a bit shit. I was battling to stay awake, that’s how poor it was. I was pissing myself at the episode before where they showed clips from the show over the years and also a few outtakes which were hilarious. Now need to go onto Curb. I’ve watched the first episode a couple of times but never got into it. 

Curb isn’t as good but worth getting in to. It has brilliant moments but isn’t as consistent as Seinfeld. Better than most sitcoms though

 

A 7.5/10 to Seinfeld’s 8.5/10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Curb isn’t as good but worth getting in to. It has brilliant moments but isn’t as consistent as Seinfeld. Better than most sitcoms though

 

A 7.5/10 to Seinfeld’s 8.5/10. 

You not finished Rectify yet?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elite said:

You not finished Rectify yet?

 

 

No, still on a break. I think I’ll start watching it again soon. I’ve been saving it but, other than Succession, I’m running out of the top quality shows so will need it to see me through winter. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YorkshireRed said:

No, still on a break. I think I’ll start watching it again soon. I’ve been saving it but, other than Succession, I’m running out of the top quality shows so will need it to see me through winter. 

More people on here need to watch it.

 

It's top class.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mudface said:

Good documentary this. Imagine being so fucked up by conspiracy theories that you're willing to go into battle because some fat man-child's ego can't take the fact that he lost. Some of the delusion from the people on there is astonishing- the rioters were true patriots, until of course they started battering police officers and then you've got that dickhead saying they weren't Trump supporters.

 

Then, even after coming close to being attacked, the Republican scumbags that encouraged that behaviour carried on exactly as before, hoping to grift on Trump's coattails. Scary times, and you can see that delusion carrying on with the anti-vaxxers now- even though Trump and many other prominent Republicans got vaccinated, and panicked because their rhetoric was killing off their own voter base. I just hope to fuck that Trump expires before he gets a chance to run again, otherwise it's going to get every bit as bad as before.

every single trump supporter was a ringer for cletus the slack jawed Yokel. 

Love the way the police fella said at the beginning. If they think they are fighting for democracy they can fuck,the fuck off 

Absolutely astounding too see all the Republicans let him off after virtually staging a coup.

And the Democrat who said, if we dont vote this through he will impose martial law.

Great documentary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

every single trump supporter was a ringer for cletus the slack jawed Yokel. 

Love the way the police fella said at the beginning. If they think they are fighting for democracy they can fuck,the fuck off 

Absolutely astounding too see all the Republicans let him off after virtually staging a coup.

And the Democrat who said, if we dont vote this through he will impose martial law.

Great documentary. 

That weird 'activist filmmaker' who started spouting on about 800,000 US kids every year getting kidnapped to be tortured and raped was really creepy. It was telling that he then said it was basically a gateway drug into the bizarro-world these fucks inhabit. If you're dumb enough to fall for that bullshit- which can obviously then easily be blamed on whatever group you want demonised- then you'll believe anything. Oh, and he then apparently chilled everyone out by smoking some weed in the rotunda. Dickhead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mudface said:

That weird 'activist filmmaker' who started spouting on about 800,000 US kids every year getting kidnapped to be tortured and raped was really creepy. It was telling that he then said it was basically a gateway drug into the bizarro-world these fucks inhabit. If you're dumb enough to fall for that bullshit- which can obviously then easily be blamed on whatever group you want demonised- then you'll believe anything. Oh, and he then apparently chilled everyone out by smoking some weed in the rotunda. Dickhead.

The scary thing is there are hundreds of millions who believed I'm him.

Thank God the good people of this country wouldnt fall for some  clueless charlaton who will simply tell them what they want to hear with no chance of ever fulfilling his promises.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

No, still on a break. I think I’ll start watching it again soon. I’ve been saving it but, other than Succession, I’m running out of the top quality shows so will need it to see me through winter. 

Narcos Mexico season 3 is out in a couple of weeks

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said the booth at the end is excellent. Such a great concept.

 

no idea if these were in order but watched 6 episodes of wellington paranormal - great fun. 7.5/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the first episode, season three, of Succession last night. 
 

A personal choice, but I want to watch one episode a week of this. A little something to look forward to as the nights close in.

 

It didn’t happen from the very beginning, but this is now from the very top drawer of television.
 

The first episode of the new season managed to hold the quality of season two. If it can maintain it, then I think we’re heading towards Sopranos/Wire territory.
 

When it’s done will be the time to assess its place in the ‘best ever’ list but I think, in the end, it probably won’t quite reach the heights of the top two but it might well be knocking on the doors of the top five.
 

For me, that means better than Breaking Bad (easily) but comfortable in the company of Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men. 
 

Whatever, it’s top quality. If you’re struggling with the first half of season one then stick with it. The return on your investment will be well worth it. 

 

It’s excellent.

 

9/10 (This rating is for last nights episode).

 

8.2/10 (The show as a whole since it started).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

Watched the first episode, season three, of Succession last night. 
 

A personal choice, but I want to watch one episode a week of this. A little something to look forward to as the nights close in.

 

It didn’t happen from the very beginning, but this is now from the very top drawer of television.
 

The first episode of the new season managed to hold the quality of season two. If it can maintain it, then I think we’re heading towards Sopranos/Wire territory.
 

When it’s done will be the time to assess its place in the ‘best ever’ list but I think, in the end, it probably won’t quite reach the heights of the top two but it might well be knocking on the doors of the top five.
 

For me, that means better than Breaking Bad (easily) but comfortable in the company of Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men. 
 

Whatever, it’s top quality. If you’re struggling with the first half of season one then stick with it. The return on your investment will be well worth it. 

 

It’s excellent.

 

9/10 (This rating is for last nights episode).

 

8.2/10 (The show as a whole since it started).

I like watching high quality shows weekly. Certainly more heavy shows. Sometimes I even watch twice as you often miss stuff on 1st viewing. Shows like say Ted Lasso, which is also enjoyable but in a completely different way, I love to binge. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2021 at 22:39, VladimirIlyich said:

Ditto. The one episode a week thing pisses me off so I will try to avoid the spoilers.

I wish I could get into it , I watched the first series and could not for the life of me see what the fuss was about. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goliath season 4 - 6/10  easily the worst for me ,  some terrible acting and poor storyline . 

Think I heard it was the final season , needs to be . 

On 2nd season of Godfather of Harlem , started off pretty strong but now it's a chore to watch . Hopefully it picks up in the last few episodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, elvis said:

Goliath season 4 - 6/10  easily the worst for me ,  some terrible acting and poor storyline . 

Think I heard it was the final season , needs to be . 

On 2nd season of Godfather of Harlem , started off pretty strong but now it's a chore to watch . Hopefully it picks up in the last few episodes

I enjoyed godfather of Harlem, but it did have a midseason wobble. I don't know if that's because of the midseason covid break and they were finding ways to find a good stopping point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Titans - Season 3 - 8/10. Nod to HBO Max for taking the show over but keeping the cast and adult tone of the series and giving us a really entertaining 13 episodes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fish Town - Sky Docs

 

Programme about Brixham, a small fishing village not far from Torquay. An ex of mine from years ago lived there and it's a fucking weird place. This is just fascinating to watch, proper small village mentality it's hilarious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leftovers S01

 

Managed to miss this entirely, so had no idea what it was about.

 

8 of 10 for me.

 

Episode 09 was as good an hour of TV as I've watched lately. 

 

The lead actress was excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×