You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Billions

This used to be a great show with great writing and some great characters, but then it disappeared up it's own hoop.

I now detest the ever so tiresome pop culture references and Axe's sphincter gob almost as much as despise that self-righteous fucking hag Wendy.

Apart from Wags and Axe's dodgy IT guy pretty much every other person in this show now gets on my tits.

Final episode of season 5 and I think I'll bow out now, too clever by half.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Billions

This used to be a great show with great writing and some great characters, but then it disappeared up it's own hoop.

I now detest the ever so tiresome pop culture references and Axe's sphincter gob almost as much as despise that self-righteous fucking hag Wendy.

Apart from Wags and Axe's dodgy IT guy pretty much every other person in this show now gets on my tits.

I've enjoyed this 2nd half of billions season 5, I didn't enjoy the 1st part much ********* spoilers ************ and the ending was ok too. I read this morning that your mate Axe will be no more than a special guest from here on in. I'm quite looking forward to season 6 now, where as at the midseason covid break I was ready to quit it too. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fungus said:

I was pretty much done with Billions just watching it out of habit but this second half is season 5 has been brilliant... Half way through final episode now (on here looking for what to watch next)

Have you seen Succession mate? 

6 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Watching this week's episode of 24 Hours In Police Custody on Channel 4 atm. Axes, machetes, boiling oil, acid, firearms, hammers and big fuck off kitchen knives and that's just the first 5 minutes. Love this stuff and it's all over a fried chicken shop!

Brilliant series.

That bloke with the dreadlocks in the Cult T shirt needed to just say no a long time ago. 

10 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Watching this week's episode of 24 Hours In Police Custody on Channel 4 atm. Axes, machetes, boiling oil, acid, firearms, hammers and big fuck off kitchen knives and that's just the first 5 minutes. Love this stuff and it's all over a fried chicken shop!

Brilliant series.

Lasts weeks was weird.

Something about that didnt add up.

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Totally agree. I kept waiting for the brothel angle to rear its head and link some of the women victims of the attack.

This show always makes me glad I don't live in Luton.

I dont know if they were trying to imply that seeing as a fella who owned a nail salon had a fuck of house and could rustle up 20k just like that.

I doubt very much that was completely random.

7 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Billions

Ditto. Went off it a few episodes back. I think the coronavirus killed it stone dead for me.

14 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Brilliant series.

Working from home today, god knows why I've put this on so early. I've had to keep rewinding it but they've just found all them drugs in that bald lads dads house. An absolute treasure trove. The poor dad finding out there is crack in his shed and kilos of hash all over his garden worth over half a million quid. 

Luton is an absolute shithole. I'd rather live anywhere else in the uk than there. Completely lawless. Them plates of chicken and chips the two investigators had in the peri peri chicken shop looked amazing. 

On 01/10/2021 at 18:22, Barrington Womble said:

There's great performances throughout it. It's amazing what a great cast they put together when you think in the 1st instance they were just trying to get people like their UK equivalent. Rainn Wilson is brilliant though, to carry that particular character and make him almost believable is quite some trick. But you can probably list about a dozen actors throughout the whole show who were brilliant. 

Having watched both versions (both as they came out), I think the US is much better, if for no other reason in how it remained fresh for so many episodes. 

I think i much preferred the UK version for the arc of the Brent character alone. There really aren't that many likeable characters in the UK version (Tim and Dawn apart) but boy do you root for Brent in the end. In the US Version even the not so likeable characters are actually quite nice, deep down. I enjoyed it but it went on too long for me and didn't have the nuances that the UK version had.   

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Total Longo said:

I think i much preferred the UK version for the arc of the Brent character alone. There really aren't that many likeable characters in the UK version (Tim and Dawn apart) but boy do you root for Brent in the end. In the US Version even the not so likeable characters are actually quite nice, deep down. I enjoyed it but it went on too long for me and didn't have the nuances that the UK version had.   

The office (uk)is without a doubt one of the greatest comedies of the last 30 years.

Its almost perfect.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

3 episodes into The Chestnut Man and really enjoying it.

Superior Danish murder mystery noir, plenty of red herrings.

Thanks to whomever it was on here who gave the recommendation.

So far 8/10 Nodi Fen Real Debrid

Yeah, good show, I've just finished episode six.

It's got the feel of a darker version of an ITV cop/murder series, if they remade this it would probably star some woman who used to be in Corrie.