You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I think that’s the one with the people from Horrible Histories, right? My bird’s mum recommended that the other day so I’m avoiding it out of principle. 

Yes, it has a very Horrible Histories vibe. 

Just looking for something for the family to watch together and this fitted the bill perfectly.

One of the characters is a Tory MP who died in a sex scandal and is a self serving shithead, so that helps.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scooby Dudek said:

Yes, it has a very Horrible Histories vibe. 

Just looking for something for the family to watch together and this fitted the bill perfectly.

One of the characters is a Tory MP who died in a sex scandal and is a self serving shithead, so that helps.

So he's a real ghost in the series then? Pretty cool that.

Just now, Elite said:

So he's a real ghost in the series then? Pretty cool that.

Yes, premise is couple get given a haunted house. Wife has an accident where she nearly dies and can now see the ghosts but no-one else can. Much hilarity then takes place. 

The trailer on previous page, for the US show, basically shows the premise/first episode. 

I would give it a couple of episodes because the first one is basically just setting up the situation.

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Yes, premise is couple get given a haunted house. Wife has an accident where she nearly dies and can now see the ghosts but no-one else can. Much hilarity then takes place. 

The trailer on previous page, for the US show, basically shows the premise/first episode. 

I would give it a couple of episodes because the first one is basically just setting up the situation.

I've watched the UK trailer mate, I was making a crap joke that a real ghost was in the show, not an actor playing one.

I'll watch it though. 

22 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Started watching a German thing on Netflix called ‘How To Sell Drugs Online (Fast)’ last night. I think it’s based on a true story, a couple of nerdy kids deciding to sell E’s on the dark web. It’s a nice easy watch although probably aimed at younger people but I enjoyed it and it should tide me over for a few nights. 

Just whizzed(no pun intended) through a few episodes and will carry on as it looks pretty good. A bit zany but very watchable.

19 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I felt like the US House of Cards went on a bit too long although I mostly enjoyed it.

The opening credits sequence was awesome.

Favourite moment of the whole thing was when Norman from The Wire lost his rag with him. 

I might go back to it. I just thought nothing exciting happened even though you were expecting it. Agree on the opening sequences

ANZACs 8/10

Bought this series on DVD. 6 episodes, watched 2 so far. Excellent drama about Australia and WW1. Paul Hogan is in it. 

One for our resident “colonial hooligans”. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088479/

Follow it up with some lefty propaganda in the shape of The Monocled Mutineer, roundly despised by the Daily Mail when it came out. Another solid 8/10. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0092404/

C4827475-7618-41B8-B1D8-FA5EE82A4B30.jpeg

8AC73F00-7581-4C96-9767-D9A29C5D9536.jpeg

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

ANZACs 8/10

Bought this series on DVD. 6 episodes, watched 2 so far. Excellent drama about Australia and WW1. Paul Hogan is in it. 

Follow it up with some lefty propaganda in the shape of The Monocled Mutineer, roundly despised by the Daily Mail when it came out. Another solid 8/10. 

I remember watching Anzacs back in the day on the BBC. I'm sure it was shown in the daytime too?

24 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

ANZACs 8/10

Enjoyed both of these way back when. 

25 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I remember watching Anzacs back in the day on the BBC. I'm sure it was shown in the daytime too?

I’ve only discovered it recently by chance. I used to watch the Sullivan’s and always remember the Dad and the lads going to North Africa in WW2. 

Brand New Cherry Flavor. (Netflix)

Okay, sometimes you watch the first episode of something, knowing nothing about it and you are certain you're watching something potentially great but turns out shit. I'm hoping this isn't one of those shows because this seems like something really good.

Set in Hollywood in the 90's, great soundtrack, interesting plot, looks like it could go all Twin Peaksy.

8 weird cat births out of 10 so far.

On 19/08/2021 at 00:05, manwiththestick said:

Brand New Cherry Flavor. (Netflix)

Okay, sometimes you watch the first episode of something, knowing nothing about it and you are certain you're watching something potentially great but turns out shit. I'm hoping this isn't one of those shows because this seems like something really good.

Set in Hollywood in the 90's, great soundtrack, interesting plot, looks like it could go all Twin Peaksy.

8 weird cat births out of 10 so far.

Update. I have now watched four episodes and it's bonkers but in a good way.